FSU NIL Violations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FSU NIL Violations

Just like Congress where you have to vote for the bill in order to find out what's in it. So "what's in it for me"? Commit/sign on the dotted line and then look in the envelope.

Is the loss of scholarships really a big deal in the age of NIL? They can just pay a top recruit the difference as a walk-on and he pays his tuition, room and board and books out of the NIL.
Getting ready for SzEC membership, go on probation and enhance the head coaches contract the next day. I am shocked it took so long.

Florida doing it big

Interesting note from that story:

"Last week, Florida State was sanctioned after offensive coordinator Alex Atkins drove a transfer prospect to a meeting with a booster who led a name, image and likeness collective. That booster offered the prospect $15,000 as a recruiting inducement, according to the negotiated resolution between the NCAA and the Seminoles."

This is, indeed, a world with which I am unfamiliar.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Thirteen(13) Million $$$!!!
I have to readjust my parameters when it comes to NIL.
WOW.
Freshman year at ASU he throws 4TD, 3INT. Probably would not have been the best use of that much NIL money. I don't think any player would be.

I don't know anything about NIL, but, like many things funded by OPM, it sounds like a plan that was implemented with very little thought of the potential consequences.

Freshman year at ASU he throws 4TD, 3INT. Probably would not have been the best use of that much NIL money. I don't think any player would be.

I don't know anything about NIL, but, like many things funded by OPM, it sounds like a plan that was implemented with very little thought of the potential consequences.
I doubt ASU paid him nearly that much.

Agreed. But what is 4TD and 3INT worth?

The reality is 4TD’s and 3INT’s is worth whatever the NIL deal he agreed upon. He could have been benched and never played a game and his NIL wouldn’t change. The whole NIL deal is based on perceived potential and performance, clearly a crap shoot with any player.

The reality is 4TD’s and 3INT’s is worth whatever the NIL deal he agreed upon. He could have been benched and never played a game and his NIL wouldn’t change. The whole NIL deal is based on perceived potential and performance, clearly a crap shoot with any player.
Exactly. So how many times does a donor get burned before they say enough?

Agreed. But what is 4TD and 3INT worth?
Some context is needed. This guy first gave a verbal to Miami for multiple millions, but he reneged when the Gators offered $13M+. Then reality set in and it became clear that Florida would not meet his price, so he backed out again and headed to ASU. I'm not sure how much he was promised in Tempe, but you can be sure it was way less than $13M.

Some context is needed. This guy first gave a verbal to Miami for multiple millions, but he reneged when the Gators offered $13M+. Then reality set in and it became clear that Florida would not meet his price, so he backed out again and headed to ASU. I'm not sure how much he was promised in Tempe, but you can be sure it was way less than $13M.
Sure, and $1M is way less than $13M. I seriously have no idea, but if you have 13M offer, even 1M would cause a heck of a lot of loss aversion. If it was my money, and it isn't, I'd expect much more output for $500K.

What do you think is a reasonable amount to spend on a QB? Are NIL deals ongoing or annual?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom