FSU Prediction Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Prediction Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys...haven't been around much in a while, but figured I'd better stick my head in to prepare to take my medicine. I think you guys have this one.

Bottom line was this team was bad last year, and there's no magic bullet to fix it. There's a lot of overall talent on the team, but you can't play six running backs and nine dbs at once (although who knows what we'll try).

Our offensive line was mediocre to start, with no depth, and we've suffered injuries across the board. We've got guys on the OL that just shouldn't be playing.

Our QB, to my mind, has actually been passing the football pretty well, no issues there. The problem is, it doesn't look like he can read the option at all. Through two games, I think he's pulled the ball twice. One of those times he waltzed into the end zone with no defender within 10 yards of him. Until he can properly read the option or RPO, we're going to keep running our 5-star backs into a mass of humanity.

On defense, our linebackers are really poor, and we're playing defensive backs at linebacker. They are good, but they are defensive backs. The defensive backfield is good, but they've been getting beat more than they should.

It's hard for me, based on what we've seen so far, to believe Dungey isn't going to have a day for the ages. If he runs for 150 and throws for 350, I won't be shocked. Samford's QB is actually excellent, and he tore us up all day. I didn't watch your Wagner game, but I watched all of your opener, and man...very impressive.

I was shocked we were a 2 point favorite in this one this week. I would have called us a 7 point dog.

But you never know. This is a new offensive install, and very similar to what you had when Dino came in...it's not just a new offense, but it could not be more unlike the previous offense. Everything is new. And a totally new defensive scheme for that matter. I think there was a lot of hope that it would be an easier transition than it has been, because this offense is supposed to be "simpler" than Jimbo's...but it's still 100% different.

Maybe this week a few more things click. If Francois can go from making the right decision on <50% of reads, and even gets up to like 70%, we're going to start hitting some plays. It's just hard to see how we hold your offense under 35 points, and I wouldn't take FSU to score 35 points against air at the moment.

Hopefully it will be a good game. Coming all the way up from Atlanta for this one. Doing an FSU/Syracuse + Bills/Chargers weekend with my son (if we're not grounded by the hurricane), and I think we're going to see two ugly L's. Maybe I'll see some of you there. First time at SU for a football game since the '89 FSU game...I think I still have some "Floor Da State!" buttons somewhere.

Hey guys...haven't been around much in a while, but figured I'd better stick my head in to prepare to take my medicine. I think you guys have this one.

Bottom line was this team was bad last year, and there's no magic bullet to fix it. There's a lot of overall talent on the team, but you can't play six running backs and nine dbs at once (although who knows what we'll try).

Our offensive line was mediocre to start, with no depth, and we've suffered injuries across the board. We've got guys on the OL that just shouldn't be playing.

Our QB, to my mind, has actually been passing the football pretty well, no issues there. The problem is, it doesn't look like he can read the option at all. Through two games, I think he's pulled the ball twice. One of those times he waltzed into the end zone with no defender within 10 yards of him. Until he can properly read the option or RPO, we're going to keep running our 5-star backs into a mass of humanity.

On defense, our linebackers are really poor, and we're playing defensive backs at linebacker. They are good, but they are defensive backs. The defensive backfield is good, but they've been getting beat more than they should.

It's hard for me, based on what we've seen so far, to believe Dungey isn't going to have a day for the ages. If he runs for 150 and throws for 350, I won't be shocked. Samford's QB is actually excellent, and he tore us up all day. I didn't watch your Wagner game, but I watched all of your opener, and man...very impressive.

I was shocked we were a 2 point favorite in this one this week. I would have called us a 7 point dog.

But you never know. This is a new offensive install, and very similar to what you had when Dino came in...it's not just a new offense, but it could not be more unlike the previous offense. Everything is new. And a totally new defensive scheme for that matter. I think there was a lot of hope that it would be an easier transition than it has been, because this offense is supposed to be "simpler" than Jimbo's...but it's still 100% different.

Maybe this week a few more things click. If Francois can go from making the right decision on <50% of reads, and even gets up to like 70%, we're going to start hitting some plays. It's just hard to see how we hold your offense under 35 points, and I wouldn't take FSU to score 35 points against air at the moment.

Hopefully it will be a good game. Coming all the way up from Atlanta for this one. Doing an FSU/Syracuse + Bills/Chargers weekend with my son (if we're not grounded by the hurricane), and I think we're going to see two ugly L's. Maybe I'll see some of you there. First time at SU for a football game since the '89 FSU game...I think I still have some "Floor Da State!" buttons somewhere.
You're pretty much the only poster that comes here from another team that I don't make fun of.

The Fighting Dungey's Without A Broken Foot - 41

The Still Trying To Figure It Out Taggart's - 28

Glad to see you post Lou. Was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering what your thoughts were on the game.

Lot of optimism in this room... it’s fun again.

Just hoping we capitalize on opportunity.

We're gonna score points. I think it depends on Cisco and Cordy. No long balls. We win going away. If we can't stop the slant or the go, it's going to be the second half of WMU.
Syracuse 35 FSU 14

I wish we could go back to before the Texas bowl and enjoy another week of exchanging pleasantries on this bord with the Minnesota fans. That was fun.

I wish we could go back to before the Texas bowl and enjoy another week of exchanging pleasantries on this bord with the Minnesota fans. That was fun.
I wanna see a FSU coed as gorgeous as this one doing the "Surrender Cobra" for national TV this Saturday

830123462.gif

This could be a program changer for us, we win we start 4-0 going to Clemson, that being said I am very concerned about our secondary, I made the journey to Kalamazoo and watched that WR torch us over and over again, I don't think FSU Defense is anything to write home about but we need to get to Francois and stop the big plays. Sadly I think Speed kills and
PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!! FSU 34 CUSE 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors