FSU vs The ACC | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

There has been some discussion here about why ESPN has not filed a motion to intervene in the FSU case(s). If I had a client with an interest in a matter, there is no way I would advocate wasting money trying to intervene in a case in which a motion to dismiss has been filed as it makes more sense to allow the original parties/court determine whether and where the litigation is going to move forward before becoming involved. (also, it is unlikely the court would consider the motion to intervene until after deciding the motion to dismiss). Sometimes in litigation, patience is actually a virtue.

Last edited:
There has been some discussion here about why ESPN has not filed a motion to intervene in the FSU case(s). If I had a client with an interest in a matter, there is no way I would advocate wasting money trying to intervene in a case in which a motion a motion to dismiss has been filed as it makes more sense to allow the original parties/court determine whether and where the litigation is going to move forward before becoming involved. (also, it is unlikely the court would consider the motion to intervene until after deciding the motion to dismiss). Sometime in litigation, patience is actually a virtue.
Not a real high level of patience is needed on ESPN's part since their opponent has the same level of delayed gratification as a 3 yr old throwing a fit in the candy aisle.

I don't have time for a full search, though I checked the 2nd Circuit Court records to see whether FSU has amended their complain as to personal jurisdiction over the ACC. I saw nothing conclusive. The court can be slow filing records, though.

I did think this would trigger news agencies but a quick Google search came up empty.

If any internet sleuths wish to find something, please provide links.

I don't have time for a full search, though I checked the 2nd Circuit Court records to see whether FSU has amended their complain as to personal jurisdiction over the ACC. I saw nothing conclusive. The court can be slow filing records, though.

I did think this would trigger news agencies but a quick Google search came up empty.

The only recent news I could find was this - essentially crying publicly "ThE AcC Is mAkInG Us sOoOo pOoR"

I usually go to the ACC Reddit, they haven’t heard anything yet either

part of me hopes that the court grants this so we can move to the exit and inevitable final boss of this reallignment. That's not in the best interest of the ACC but perhaps it is the best interest of college football completely falling apart before it is put back together again.

The lawyer in me, retired for 10 years, says not a chance in hell they grant this and shouldn't. But this is the south...

part of me hopes that the court grants this so we can move to the exit and inevitable final boss of this reallignment. That's not in the best interest of the ACC but perhaps it is the best interest of college football completely falling apart before it is put back together again.

The lawyer in me, retired for 10 years, says not a chance in hell they grant this and shouldn't. But this is the south...

Unfortunately it will never really end. There will always be reason to add, subtract, or restructure conferences. The money will always be shifting what is important for a conference's makeup.

Unfortunately it will never really end. There will always be reason to add, subtract, or restructure conferences. The money will always be shifting what is important for a conference's makeup.
Agreed but I want it to be less about conferences and more about the schools and earning power. The BIG and SEC are made up of really crappy schools as well on a valuation basis. Syracuse is better than a fair amt of schools in both conferences if we're doing the pick sides of college football valuation. I want it to get to that point at this time. If we're fighting against every single school vs schools hanging on to a life raft in the BIG (hello Rutgers) we have a shot at being viable. I've changed my tune on this because the raw capitalism that has seeped into college sports overtly now demands that opinion IMO

So much trouble from a school that's had one good season in 10 years.
This is all unnecessary. Eventually there will be one top tier conference with 48 teams and it will negotiate a CBA with the players. And the rest of the P5 teams left out will form a lower level league. I'm tired of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom