Funderburke granted release--will seek to transfer | Syracusefan.com

Funderburke granted release--will seek to transfer

Shame. 4 star recruit.

The fish and loaves always have a way of not being an issue.

Probably be down to 80 something scholarship players unless they start hitting the waiver wire again.

Doesn't count walk on's being added.

Shame. 4 star recruit.

The fish and loaves always have a way of not being an issue.

Probably be down to 80 something scholarship players unless they start hitting the waiver wire again.

Doesn't count walk on's being added.

Agreed. Every year, the numbers seem tight but unexpected things always occur that create roster attrition. Happens every year.

Maybe we can transfer some of the lost hoops schollies to FB.:noidea:

Really disappointed that he didn't make it here on the Hill.

I wish him the best.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 9s9 seconds ago
Shafer on Funderburk: "We decided to go in another direction, and that's where we went with him."

Good luck to him. Hope he graduates and can move on.

Good luck to him. I had high hopes for him but having not heard from him much I wish him well.

So would we be able to use those 3 spots for any 2016 early enrolls?

Or 3 Senior walkons.

Any January enrollees would count towards the Class of 2016 anyways.

Ginnetti and two more. Depends on who else graduates next January.

So at least we have some flexibility, which should allow us to bring in close to a full class. I want to say Robert Washington would enroll early to wherever he decides to go.

So at least we have some flexibility, which should allow us to bring in close to a full class. I want to say Robert Washington would enroll early to wherever he decides to go.

How many Seniors are graduating? 14?

Plus some kids who may take their degrees.

Hard to say if we'll have room for the full 25 next year.

Here's my list of players in their last year of eligibility...

Julian Whigham
Ashton Broyld
Luke Arciniega
Oliver Vigille
Terrel Hunt
Ryan Norton
John Raymon
Donnie Simmons
Robert Trudo
Michael Lasker
Nick Robinson
Ivan Foy
Wayne Williams
Riley Dixon

Why not give him the option to return? What's there to lose or gain?

If every kid shows in August we'll be bringing in the max 25 so we would not be able to early enroll and back data anybody (for Jan 2016). It's unlikely everyone will be qualified and show up come August.

Based on Xtreme's numbers we can sign a class of 14 PLUS however many we need to get to 85. How many short are we now?

Why not give him the option to return? What's there to lose or gain?

If every kid shows in August we'll be bringing in the max 25 so we would not be able to early enroll and back data anybody (for Jan 2016). It's unlikely everyone will be qualified and show up come August.

Based on Xtreme's numbers we can sign a class of 14 PLUS however many we need to get to 85. How many short are we now?
Well, I have no idea obviously, but if we're not even giving him the option to return...sounds like there may be something more to this. Especially since Shafer declined any further comment. Not saying it's necessarily a "bad kid with off the field issues" situation, but it may just be a massive personality clash with the coaching staff or something.

Oh, by the way...shots fired by Jake Pickard on Twitter yesterday. Said something along the lines of, "We have a 4-star transferring because he didn't get enough PT. You can have your stars, they don't matter on a college field."