Funny (to me) proof the the end of the half was so terrible | Syracusefan.com

Funny (to me) proof the the end of the half was so terrible

Millhouse

Living Legend
After Fsu scored there was enough time to wonder whether SU would do something stupid and not take a knee

These guys work 100 hrs a week and they're flying blind on basic simple stuff. We see it more than they do because we watch games while they're in press conferences and planes

I read something from a writer I agree with. Before you hire a football coach you should give them 1000 dollars and watch them play blackjack. Watching the coaching candidate play blackjack will tell you all you need to know about how they will coach during a game.

It is definitely something I think makes sense.

It would only tell me about their understanding of probability. SS has little understanding, apparently.

I read something from a writer I agree with. Before you hire a football coach you should give them 1000 dollars and watch them play blackjack. Watching the coaching candidate play blackjack will tell you all you need to know about how they will coach during a game.

Bill Simmons column

Vegas highlight: Drove former Redskins coach Norv Turner from a $25 blackjack table last April at Mandalay (when the Coach was winning, no less) by looking at the ceiling and screaming, "The Coach ... is ... killing me." This happened after Turner was winning big and inexplicably turned conservative, staying on "16" three different times when the dealer had a "10" showing. If you know anything about Turner's tenure in Washington, you can attest to how funny this story is. I swear to God, it happened.

(This also led to Hopper's famous theory that NFL owners should play blackjack with prospective coaches before they actually hire them, just to make sure they're getting the right guy. As Hopper always says, "You can learn a lot about a person when you're playing blackjack with them." In the words of Kurt Angle, "It's true, it's true.")

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1279107

After Fsu scored there was enough time to wonder whether SU would do something stupid and not take a knee

These guys work 100 hrs a week and they're flying blind on basic simple stuff. We see it more than they do because we watch games while they're in press conferences and planes

Shafer would never take a knee at the end of the half. Only coaches who teach young men to be quitters would do a thing like that.

Unfortunately, tenacity is not only a facet of strength, it is found in too much idiocy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom