Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Marshall Street is getting what appears to be a real bagel shop. I am excited about this development.

Think this is exactly the type of establishment we should all want for Marshall Street.

I hope they do well and become an institution at SU.

They look absolutely excellent

I can’t wait to try them personally

Looks like a REAL NYC bagel shop, have a feeling it’s going to be a big hit

Marshall Street is getting what appears to be a real bagel shop. I am excited about this development.

Think this is exactly the type of establishment we should all want for Marshall Street.

I look forward to giving them a try...when the students are on break.

Brueggers was there for years. This new place is much more expensive than Bruegger's. ($15 for sandwiches.)

Brueggers was awful too. Would've killed for a real breakfast sandwich spot on the hill when I was a student.

Bruegger's isn't a bad bagel. Even down in NYC or the tri-state area, most of them are too bready, even at H&H, which used to be great, years and years ago. My all-time favorite New York bagel was the onion bagel with butter at Zabar's when they had a place in Grand Central Terminal, probably 25-30 years ago, now. LOL. A good bagel has a bit of crunch, but not too much, some yeastiness to the flavor (which adds a bit of sweetness) and real malt. Fresh in the morning, the butter melted all over your hands as you ate them.

I will add, upon re-reading your comment, that Bruegger's is not the place to go for a breakfast sandwich. Totally agree with that. A bagel is no better as sandwich bread than an English muffin is - which is to say, "not at all".

You know what I miss? Jimmy John's. The one downtown used to be pretty good. Their Italian sub and their turkey subs were solid. The tuna took a little fussing to make it taste better. Too bad they closed. I've had a yearning for one of their subs lately.

You know what I miss? Jimmy John's. The one downtown used to be pretty good. Their Italian sub and their turkey subs were solid. The tuna took a little fussing to make it taste better. Too bad they closed. I've had a yearning for one of their subs lately.
I was never a Jimmy John's fan. I miss Quiznos though. They were my favorite chain subs.

They are already closed for a reset. Great idea and a poor execution.

Weren’t prepared for the amount of customers that showed up. Clearly need to work on their operation.

Pretty much the story any time a new place like this opens.. The first week or so they volume overwhelms them all. You cant over order either and waste inventory. Even more staff doesn't alway mean you can deal with large crowds.. I mean look at the Varsity. Years and years, and when games hit, the place will be packed, and the wait will be long, and the lines out the door..

Yeah, not surprised. First few reviews on Yelp indicated that they hadn't properly stocked the store before opening, running out of items, only a couple flavors of bagels, etc.

Yup Quiznos was solid in the short time we had one around.
When I lived in Liverpool, I ate at the one at route 57 and Longbranch quite a bit. Now I think they only exist I Colorado.

When I lived in Liverpool, I ate at the one at route 57 and Longbranch quite a bit. Now I think they only exist I Colorado.
Quiznos restaurants to me were always average.

Better than most Subways but there are better chains out there. Firehouse, Sheetz, Wawa and Which Wich are better options IMHO.

Jimmy John's is one of the few that has a good BLT, but never tried anything else there,

Brueggers was awful too. Would've killed for a real breakfast sandwich spot on the hill when I was a student.
What students wake up in time for breakfast?

Quiznos restaurants to me were always average.

Better than most Subways but there are better chains out there. Firehouse, Sheetz, Wawa and Which Wich are better options IMHO.
I've had all of those except Wawa. I like those too but prefer Quiznos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom