Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread

Frank Martin:

south-carolinas-new-basketball-coach-admits-he-used-to-give-money-to-college-players.jpg

Colonel Quaritch:

NEtAdLKhRatYxv_2_b.jpg

What woudl the Coach's Show be like?!?

frank-booth.jpg

frank booth martin

i do believe programs should not poach candidates from within their own conference. bad karma.

It was a one possession game vs UK tonight. What do you want? For the last time; nobody will play WSU. Nobody will do a home and home with them since they are feared now and teams don't want that possible loss in the OOC. Self and Kansas won't play them. I've heard Fraschilla on Sirius discuss them. They were in Bahamas this past season and will be in Maui next season.

lol somebody complaining about Wichita State after a complete ACC implosion? :crazy:

It was a one possession game vs UK tonight. What do you want? For the last time; nobody will play WSU. Nobody will do a home and home with them since they are feared now and teams don't want that possible loss in the OOC. Self and Kansas won't play them. I've heard Fraschilla on Sirius discuss them. They were in Bahamas this past season and will be in Maui next season.

Yup and if anyone wants to know why Self wants no part of an annual alternating home and home series with them just turn on the 2015 2nd round NCAA tournament game.

Yup and if anyone wants to know why Self wants no part of an annual alternating home and home series with them just turn on the 2015 2nd round NCAA tournament game.

There ought to be a rule that every P5 +1 conference team has to go on the road and play one mid-major team every year. It gets tiresome listening to people complain about strength of schedule when the big boys never want to venture out of town to play one of these teams.

why does it have to be home and home ? suck it up and go out and play at least one top team on the road.
30 win seasons mean nothing when your toughest game is jack rabbit state. it's marshall's arrogance on this point that he is somehow a kansas equal that gets him the kentucky game. play the best. or suffer the seed.

why does it have to be home and home ? suck it up and go out and play at least one top team on the road.

My sentiments exactly. Would be nice to see the big boys suck it up and play one mid-major on the road each year. I think that last happened in 1997.

There are so many moving parts to predicting any individual's like GMAC's potential moves. Children , family considerations, parent's ages etc all personal issues that could affect decisions that we would have no clue about.

[This response isn't really directed at Cherie, just seemed like the time to insert it.]

I don't see how GMAC is a candidate for either position; either our next HC or Hop's staff.

Hop needs to hire guys with west coast ties for recruiting purposes. Hop has some west coast ties, but he has been on the east coast for a long time, so I don't think he can afford to take lightly the need to surround himself with guys that have good recruiting ties in an area that UW is likely or able to draw from. UW is not going to go to war with East Coast programs and start winning enough battles on the I-95 corridor to make that a viable strategy, so I'm not sure what GMAC would bring to the table. In that respect Hart makes perfect sense as does Bland, might also want a pacific NW guy.

As to the SU head job. In what universe has GMAC done anything that even remotely qualifies him to be our next head coach?? Holy Christ! Let him take the SU entry in the Onondaga Lake Bass Masters event. Huge numbers of people were uncertain about Hop who is light years ahead of Gerry in terms of qualifications. I'm not sure GMAC is qualified to be one of our top two assistants, much less the Head guy.

I haven't seen much talk about Autry as the next head guy. I am not suggesting him, because I frankly don't know enough about him and don't think he has shown enough to even be a candidate, but I find it interesting that there is more talk around GMAC as the next head guy than there is around Autry? Why is that?

My sentiments exactly. Would be nice to see the big boys suck it up and play one mid-major on the road each year. I think that last happened in 1997.

I don't think that's what tbonezone is saying.

If we were hiring this offseason I like Gregg Marshall, Archie Miller, Mick Cronin or Chris Mack. I would also be willing to go with a lesser known guy who has really strong proven recruiting ties on the east coast. If you are going to roll the dice with a guy without a proven coaching track record; he damn well better be able to recruit and bring in talent.

The worst position we could find ourselves in would be to end up with a guy who isn't ready to run the program and can't land talent.

exactly. syracuse and kansas already face a top ten buzzsaw gauntlet called conference play. the MVC comparatively is a pillow fight. power conferences don't need to visit mid-majors to face quality competition. we face it every night. it's they who need to swallow a little pride and come play us if they want to bump up those embarrassing SOS numbers. no home and home warriors. you "come out and play"

The+Warriors.jpg

[This response isn't really directed at Cherie, just seemed like the time to insert it.]

I don't see how GMAC is a candidate for either position; either our next HC or Hop's staff.

Hop needs to hire guys with west coast ties for recruiting purposes. Hop has some west coast ties, but he has been on the east coast for a long time, so I don't think he can afford to take lightly the need to surround himself with guys that have good recruiting ties in an area that UW is likely or able to draw from. UW is not going to go to war with East Coast programs and start winning enough battles on the I-95 corridor to make that a viable strategy, so I'm not sure what GMAC would bring to the table. In that respect Hart makes perfect sense as does Bland, might also want a pacific NW guy.

As to the SU head job. In what universe has GMAC done anything that even remotely qualifies him to be our next head coach?? Holy Christ! Let him take the SU entry in the Onondaga Lake Bass Masters event. Huge numbers of people were uncertain about Hop who is light years ahead of Gerry in terms of qualifications. I'm not sure GMAC is qualified to be one of our top two assistants, much less the Head guy.

I haven't seen much talk about Autry as the next head guy. I am not suggesting him, because I frankly don't know enough about him and don't think he has shown enough to even be a candidate, but I find it interesting that there is more talk around GMAC as the next head guy than there is around Autry? Why is that?

I don't know why anyone is mentioning GMAC for head coach and how anyone can take it seriously at this point in his career. I'm reading plenty of non-sensical opinions here though and opinions are free with no responsibility for them. Conversely, I also find it just s outrageous that there are threads full of hateful opinions that question GMac's ability/"right" to even be an assistant. Personally I think the only plausible explanation is that many people have absolutely lost their minds. :crazy:

I also don't know how my post even generated the OP's response so please don't ask me, it's all bizarro world to me. :confused:

I don't know why anyone is mentioning GMAC for head coach and how anyone can take it seriously at this point in his career. I'm reading plenty of non-sensical opinions here though and opinions are free with no responsibility for them. Conversely, I also find it just s outrageous that there are threads full of hateful opinions that question GMac's ability/"right" to even be an assistant. Personally I think the only plausible explanation is that many people have absolutely lost their minds. :crazy:

I also don't know how my post even generated the OP's response so please don't ask me, it's all bizarro world to me. :confused:

GMac as the next head coach because no one can comprehend hiring a non-SU guy. It's bananaland

Assuming he sustains the success and doesn't get scooped by a blue blood, our #1 should be Oregon Head Coach Dana Altman. Grab an assistant with recruiting ties to the northeast. This guys great.

Assuming he sustains the success and doesn't get scooped by a blue blood, our #1 should be Oregon Head Coach Dana Altman. Grab an assistant with recruiting ties to the northeast. This guys great.

I think Altman would be great, but is it realistic to think we could lure him away from Phil Knight's money and the situation he has at Oregon? And, once here, how successful would we be at keeping him? After having JB for 40+ years, you don't want to have a Mark Coyle situation where you can get him here, but can't keep him long enough to make an impact.

I think Altman would be great, but is it realistic to think we could lure him away from Phil Knight's money and the situation he has at Oregon? And, once here, how successful would we be at keeping him? After having JB for 40+ years, you don't want to have a Mark Coyle situation where you can get him here, but can't keep him long enough to make an impact.

Wildhack and the Athletic department better start a slush fund of $25 off every pay check from now until 2019-2020 to help supplement the contract Syracuse won't be willing to dish out. One can dream.

Altman will be 59 before next season starts. In his stops prior to Oregon, he relied heavily on junior college players. I'm sure he is good at the x-and-o part of coaching because he's basically won everywhere he has been. But I think he's too old and lacks a history on the east coast.