Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Would prefer we go get proven transfers for 2023 to fill any gaps. We will have a great nucleus returning
In this era of immediate transfers and NIL, I don't know how anyone can assume anyone is returning year-to-year. The program needs to treat everyone on the roster as having 1 year contracts.

So does this mean we get two more seasons - at least - of Jim Boeheim?

Why would it? If anything we are seeing a shift away from the head coach being the preeminent factor in recruiting. Used to be who you want to learn from and play for. Now it is who is paying the most dollars. Coach doesn't matter a lick.

Why would it? If anything we are seeing a shift away from the head coach being the preeminent factor in recruiting. Used to be who you want to learn from and play for. Now it is who is paying the most dollars. Coach doesn't matter a lick.
More reason for JB to stick around. You're basically an NBA like HC that does not need to do the extra GM work.

More reason for JB to stick around. You're basically an NBA like HC that does not need to do the extra GM work.

OK, I could see it from that perspective. I thought the implication was he has to stick around because these players expect to play for him. I don't think they give a crap who the head coach is as long as they are minimally competent and/or give them all the minutes they want.