Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is that guy in the background with the Orange Syracuse shirt on? You think he's a scout? Maybe a syracusefan.com poster? It's very hard to make out his identity but he just has the look of a brilliant basketball mind and 'Cuse fan.:cool:

-318cc484acb66b78.jpg

Last edited:
Who is that guy in the background with the Orange Syracuse shirt on? You think he's a scout? Maybe a syracusefan.com poster? It's very hard to make out his identity but he just has the look of a brilliant basketball mind and 'Cuse fan.:cool:

-318cc484acb66b78.jpg
Oh, wait. And who's the dashing young fella sitting next to him?

You don't need a point guard who finishes at the rim, just one who can penetrate, score and dish, see Billy Edelin. I would take another point guard with his ability, all the time.

You don't need a point guard who finishes at the rim, just one who can penetrate, score and dish, see Billy Edelin. I would take another point guard with his ability, all the time.

Yes but Billy had an uncanny ability to use his body to sheild the ball and finish over bigs with little flip shots and floaters. He was also great at making those 8-10 foot shots on the move.

Still remember the end of Notre Dame, where after the game JB said last shot was supposed to go to Melo. Billy bringing ball upcourt, at halfcourt, Gerry breaks free behind 3 pt line, ball goes from Billy to Gerry into the basketball for the win.

Agree I imagine its much harder to stop a pg's midrange game then his interior game. I imagine its harder to double a midrange scoring pg, and it opens up more dishing lanes when you have one as well. Flynn and MCW had some rough moments because they lacked the midrange game for awhile.

Starting to think this was a real steal by the Cuse. Noted as the go to option on his loaded high school team - think he has a big year. It will be nice to have some depth at the PG position next season.

Blowing out his knee and not playing at all during his junior year didn't help as far as the hype goes. Would love to see him be another C.J. Fair case where comes in under the radar due to a high school knee injury and turns out to be a stud!

Starting to think this was a real steal by the Cuse. Noted as the go to option on his loaded high school team - think he has a big year. It will be nice to have some depth at the PG position next season.

No doubt. I have a feeling that he's going to be a major, major "get" for us, regardless of where he's ranked.

Very impressed with his size / versatility / shot making capabilities.

Last edited:
At this point its not a stretch to think he will be starting for us. It seems that we have been recruiting some pretty impressive people of late not just players.

Let's hope not--I'd hate to go into the fourth consecutive year of only having one point guard on the roster...

[although I think we're going to be in better shape this year / next year, given Gbinije's capability to backup the point]

Let's hope not--I'd hate to go into the fourth consecutive year of only having one point guard on the roster...

[although I think we're going to be in better shape this year / next year, given Gbinije's capability to backup the point]

As I think about it if Kaleb winds up in the NBA and Mike is back then he may start at PG as a senior. That is no knock on Howard who I expect will be very good after all he is the PG that the SU staff wanted and have shown that they know how to pick them.

As I think about it if Kaleb winds up in the NBA and Mike is back then he may start at PG as a senior. That is no knock on Howard who I expect will be very good after all he is the PG that the SU staff wanted and have shown that they know how to pick them.

I think Kaleb is an NBA talent. Hope we can hang onto him for two years.

And I agree 100% about Howard. His film and ability to make shots reminds me a lot of the Harrison twins from UK. I think he'll be a similar, versatile combo guard who can run the point.

I agree we seem to be targeting high character kids with good academics who can also play. I guess JB has had enough of the high maintenance headache kids.

It seems to be a pattern. Also if you have a core of really good character kids then a wildcard player or two are much easier to roll the dice on.

Status
Not open for further replies.