Class of 2015 - G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Franklin Howard (MD) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
King hits a three now, but Oak Hill seems to be slowly pulling away. Giddens is just too much for PVI on both ends.

Howard hits both freebies, drew the foul on Giddens. PVI is fighting for their home court, so still holding on. Within 5 now.

VJ just took a tough shot. He's a really good shooter, but keeps fading away. Howard just missed a wide open three but like announcers said, he's the only one taking good shots right now. Nice give and go with the lead guard and his teammate gets an easy layup.

Wow. Really heady play by Howard, he took a three quarter shot again and clearly drew a bonehead play foul on Oak Hill player. Refs? Oh, they missed that. Welcome to Syracuse Franklin! :rolleyes:

Btw, announcers are really super quality on the high school level. Both of them know these two teams well and know the game.

Howard has 9 points at the half. Took a few extra threes to try to fire their way back, but Paul VI trails by 8 at halftime.

one of the 2 announcers was former UVA star, from back in the day junior burrough, didnt watch the stream because i was at the game so i'm not sure who the other one was.
I'll have some video up from the event
Here's last 4 mins of the dematha chaminade game ... We need to get in the markelle fultz sweepstakes, this kid is gonna be special

Franky went ballistic recently in a 39 point blowout victory. 23 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals all in 19 minutes of run. But look at those percentages. 7/11 fg 3/6 deep ball 6/7 ft.
He'll get you every single time.
B421kO_IAAASXeb.jpg

The News-Press in Fort Myers Florida has an article featuring the role Franklin Howard played in Monday night's City of Palms fifth-place semifinal game between Mater Dei and the Paul VI Panthers. By the way, fifth place is nothing to sneeze at, as many of the top Prep schools in the country are at this tournament. The article is headed by a nice picture of a well-sculpted Howard dribbling the ball up the court. (Maybe someone who knows how could go online and post it here).

Quoting the article by David Dorsey: "Mater-Dei senior guard Rex Pflueger, a Notre Dame recruit, scored 12 points and missed a last-second layup attempt rebounded by PaulVI senior Franklin Howard.
Howard, a Syracuse signee, missed two free throws but made a go-ahead 3-pointer in overtime. He scored 13 points and grabbed 13 rebounds."
"We had to overcome adversity," Howard said. "... I'm just glad we got the stop at the end and that I got the rebound."

For those in the DMV area or with Direct TV, you can check out the PVI matchup against Montverde with #1 2015 Ben Simmons and 2016 target Howard Washington tonight at 8 on Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic Plus(643 Direct TV).

PVI got another beating tonite again vs a very strong team. Howard had 8 of his teams 16 at the half. Going to try to get to a game of two once they are in WCAC play.

Yeah PVI got worked pretty good against Montverde 72-50. They just don't have a deep enough roster outside of Frank and VJ to compete against the national top 25 teams this year.

For those in the DMV area or with Direct TV, you can check out the PVI matchup against Montverde with #1 2015 Ben Simmons and 2016 target Howard Washington tonight at 8 on Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic Plus(643 Direct TV).
Sounds like a Presidential roll call: Benjamin, Franklin, Washington, Howard...

Good evening Folks, it' been a little while .. i've been hitting the gyms hard, at a different HS game every night .. even though the #1 and 2 ranked teams in the area were playing tonight (DeMatha and O'Connell) I opted to go see Frank and Paul VI play at McNamara. Frank is looking pretty good, but his team is a different story, they are struggling, and defenses are really starting to key in on Frank ... because they can. Paul VI doesn't have a lot of offensive options so teams can double him without much risk. Frank still struggling at the FT line and his perimeter game is a bit inconsistent, but his vision is sharp, he gets to the line ALOT, and he makes plays on both ends. Here are tonight's highlights.
If anyone wants DVDs of any of the games I film they are 15$ each + 5$ shipping per order (regardless on # of DVDs). I've got a few games on Frank this year.

Good evening Folks, it' been a little while .. i've been hitting the gyms hard, at a different HS game every night .. even though the #1 and 2 ranked teams in the area were playing tonight (DeMatha and O'Connell) I opted to go see Frank and Paul VI play at McNamara. Frank is looking pretty good, but his team is a different story, they are struggling, and defenses are really starting to key in on Frank ... because they can. Paul VI doesn't have a lot of offensive options so teams can double him without much risk. Frank still struggling at the FT line and his perimeter game is a bit inconsistent, but his vision is sharp, he gets to the line ALOT, and he makes plays on both ends. Here are tonight's highlights.
If anyone wants DVDs of any of the games I film they are 15$ each + 5$ shipping per order (regardless on # of DVDs). I've got a few games on Frank this year.
Much thanks sterncuse and keep it coming!

If anyone is interested they can listen to the Paul VI game at Gonzaga today here http://mixlr.com/gonzagahoops/
Frank going up against AAU, team takeover back-court mate and wake forest commit Bryant Crawford
Other notable players Gonzaga's Sam Miller (Dayton) Gonzaga 5'6'' PG Chris Lykes (2017) and Paul VI's VJ King obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.