Class of 2017 - G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 G Hamidou Diallo (NY) to Kentucky

I'd like that 50x if I could, man!

Thanks man! It's cool how kids can somehow shine such a brite light on things without meaning to.
Oh PM me Monday, got something for you.

BTW I'll be SHOCKED if Diallo doesn't enter the draft after this season. Back on topic ;)

I'm not sure. I'd imagine if you repeat a year, some credits count towards the graduation requirements. My question is: so he graduated HS, what is he doing in school now? Repeating HS courses? Taking college courses? A lot of these prep schools are designed for that purpose.

Those are all my questions. It sounds like total b.s. And if he's repeating HS courses, isn't that some sort of acknowledgement that the ones you took weren't sufficient? This isn't to knock Diallo; I'm questioning being able to do it at all. Scratching my head.

Those are all my questions. It sounds like total b.s. And if he's repeating HS courses, isn't that some sort of acknowledgement that the ones you took weren't sufficient? This isn't to knock Diallo; I'm questioning being able to do it at all. Scratching my head.
I remember wondering the same things last year when Jamal Murray reclassified mid summer to be able to play at Kentucky in the fall. I was like w t f, how does that work? And it seemed that things like that were happening a lot with top ranked basketball players.

I began looking it up and I had no idea how many players were held back and enter college at 19. I'm pretty sure the decision is made before high school, because once they start their freshman year they have 4 years to play and 4 years to graduate with their peers. And if their body and their game mature earlier than expected they can somehow "catch up" on credits they would need to reclassify and graduate with their original class year

b25abdb24a64e561b7795f4c140807e661700dcdd767b0220de8aeb06dd2665a.jpg

You seem to be in the minority but he seems pretty insistent about planning to go the college route. His game needs a ton of work. My guess is if he winds up going pro, he'd wind up in the D league. Would he rather learn there and get paid?

How did he wind up graduating early? Anybody have info on that? I don't recall reading the specifics on that.
Reclassified when transferring to prep school after his sophomore year. Was always on target to graduate in his original class, 2016.

Reclassified when transferring to prep school after his sophomore year. Was always on target to graduate in his original class, 2016.

Francis03 Thanks. My question with these guys who reclassify is if they are on target with their original class, why are they allowed to reclassify? It seems like they are gaming the system. And again, I'm not knocking Hami. I'm knocking the system.

Francis, do you have anything on Lance Ware? I started a thread on him if you'd like to respond there. Thanks.

Francis03 Thanks. My question with these guys who reclassify is if they are on target with their original class, why are they allowed to reclassify? It seems like they are gaming the system. And again, I'm not knocking Hami. I'm knocking the system.

Francis, do you have anything on Lance Ware? I started a thread on him if you'd like to respond there. Thanks.
In Hami's situation, he was unknown and not on the national radar when he had transferred to a prep school and reclassified. He was very skinny at the time and I guess his family felt it was best to have an extra year to fill out and mature. Obviously he has extended expectations in a big way.

Dunno much about Lance Ware at the moment.

In Hami's situation, he was unknown and not on the national radar when he had transferred to a prep school and reclassified. He was very skinny at the time and I guess his family felt it was best to have an extra year to fill out and mature. Obviously he has extended expectations in a big way.

Dunno much about Lance Ware at the moment.
RYAN!

Like I said on my last pod, it makes no sense trying to predict anything with him until the spring. NBA is an option, while SU, UConn, and UK are the college front runners imo.
I know you love Lonnie, but I got my fingers crossed here. Love players like this...

My thoughts exactly. Somethings gotta give. Randolph, Walker, and Diallo. No chance. Don't care who you are.

As long as we get ONE of Walker or Diallo, we're golden.

Bizarre that we're seemingly waiting around for Zona's sloppy 2nd's, but if it lands us one of these studs, it'll all be worth it.

Somebody needs to show them highlights of Battle in action tonite, and tell them "that will be YOU" next year.

fwiw, Yukon thinks they have a "silent verbal". LOL
Mostly because he's been on campus 20 times, since Putnam is 15 minutes from Storrs. And they think he wants to play with Mamadou Diarra, a close friend of his. Mamadou Diarra. Not Melo, Durant, Rose, or Ben Simmons. Mamadou Diarra.

Mostly because he's been on campus 20 times, since Putnam is 15 minutes from Storrs. And they think he wants to play with Mamadou Diarra, a close friend of his. Mamadou Diarra. Not Melo, Durant, Rose, or Ben Simmons. Mamadou Diarra.
You have to admit, Diallo goes pretty well with Diarra.

LOL -- sounds like they are confident on this one, just as confident as they were about joining the ACC, then the Big Ten, then the Big 12...