Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

The odds of both of them verballing is the same as JB coaching another ten years.
wow hell be older than 80. your right written poorly. But i think i meant if one verbals and then doesn't sign. (what are those odds.) So given our scholarship limit we'll be shat out of luck with both.

y
I see what you did there.
th
yup. this is tougher than the Iran deal. LOL

Murray fits better with KJ. I'd agree the longer this drags out less likely Battle is to end up at SU. Thinking he's a huge Duke lean at this point but could be wrong.

'CuseHoops said:
Murray fits better with KJ. I'd agree the longer this drags out less likely Battle is to end up at SU. Thinking he's a huge Duke lean at this point but could be wrong.

Speculation is frowned upon in this forum.

Difference between the two is that Murray has played with the ball in his hands forever, while it'll basically be on the job training for Battle at SU.

Either would be great, both would be orgas... impossible, but fun to think about.

CraigForth said:
Either would be great, both would be orgas... impossible, but fun to think about.

If the staff could convince them that they would be co-lead guards and that together they could be part of JB's greatest and final team and send him out on a championship note. The publicity would be huge.

Difference between the two is that Murray has played with the ball in his hands forever, while it'll basically be on the job training for Battle at SU.
What's KJ's role if Battle or Murray commits? I gotta think either would start if they come. Are we basically recruiting over KJ?

Edit: Just read Jekelish's article that said Murray's a combo guard like Battle. I guess either could play alongside KJ in that case.

Well, Murray is more of a point guard but he's also a terrific scorer, so he could easily slide over and play off the ball if/when needed. That's really why I referred to him as a combo guard, but he's primarily going to be looked at to run the point at the college level (and beyond).

Francis, Evan Daniels' piece this morning had a blurb on Murray and he didn't mention SU as one of the schools showing interest.

Thoughts?

What's KJ's role if Battle or Murray commits? I gotta think either would start if they come. Are we basically recruiting over KJ?

Edit: Just read Jekelish's article that said Murray's a combo guard like Battle. I guess either could play alongside KJ in that case.
If KJ doesn't step it up next season, then I think it won't matter as he'll be gone to Providence or Rhode Island. If he improves as we all hope, then I believe the addition of another ball handler whether it's Murray/Battle will only benefit him more. The rare times when KJ was decent last season were at times when he played off the ball a bit and didn't have to worry about being the full time QB for the offense. It was similar to what his role was in HS, where he played in a three guard offense and was just relied on being a playmaker instead of a lead guard.

Francis, Evan Daniels' piece this morning had a blurb on Murray and he didn't mention SU as one of the schools showing interest.

Thoughts?
Unless something changed recently on the SU side, from what I've always heard is that Murray loves SU but the feelings haven't been mutual. Obviously the staff is all in on Battle and I don't personally see them going hard after Murray unless they feel that Battle is trending elsewhere. I still think there is a good chance that he'll sign somewhere later in the spring.

If KJ doesn't step it up next season, then I think it won't matter as he'll be gone to Providence or Rhode Island. If he improves as we all hope, then I believe the addition of another ball handler whether it's Murray/Battle will only benefit him more. The rare times when KJ was decent last season were at times when he played off the ball a bit and didn't have to worry about being the full time QB for the offense. It was similar to what his role was in HS, where he played in a three guard offense and was just relied on being a playmaker instead of a lead guard.
It's funny you mention Providence...that's always been the one school I've had in the back of my mind IF he were to ever transfer.

Providence finished 2nd in his recruitment and he has a very close relationship with Ed Cooley.
See, I never even realized Providence was his second choice. I probably knew about it in the back of my mind...but still. It just feels fitting for a New England kid, if he ever does leave.

Francis03 said:
Unless something changed recently on the SU side, from what I've always heard is that Murray loves SU but the feelings haven't been mutual. Obviously the staff is all in on Battle and I don't personally see them going hard after Murray unless they feel that Battle is trending elsewhere. I still think there is a good chance that he'll sign somewhere later in the spring.

Thanks. Just curious. A few people seem to be heating up the Murray talk, but doesn't appear there's much there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom