G-Mac said the following on the radio tonight... | Syracusefan.com

G-Mac said the following on the radio tonight...

hi

• caio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gilardino

Starter
said when cooney missed the layup at end of game, hardaway traveled he took 4 steps while falling out of bounds. g-mac said check the tapes, we should of had the ball back with 4.9 seconds left

i actually thought the same thing live at the game.

was hard to tell on the highlights i saw.

southerland would have hit the 3.

i actually thought the same thing live at the game.

was hard to tell on the highlights i saw.

southerland would have hit the 3.

Agreed. Live, I couldn't believe that they didn't call the travel. And while I [and the entire Syracuse section] was gaping in disbelief, they got a run out dunk to close out the game.

Too bad.

The unfortunate thing is, as poorly as we played we were right there at the end. All we needed to do was make another basket or two throughout the entire course of the game.

Can't see any way we win that game in OT with triche and mcw on bench.

anything can happen over a 5 min stretch.

just hope cj and james get hot.

anything can happen over a 5 min stretch.

just hope cj and james get hot.
The only thing stops me from going crazy about this is that I don't think we had a chance in OT to be honest. Michigan definitely would have went into some sort of pressure defense (maybe even full court). Would Southerland have played up top on the zone? We pretty much would only have 1 ball handler for 5 minutes, and it would have been a redshirt freshman who hadn't played in that type of pressure situation since high school, and this was the Final Four. If we had one of MCW or Triche, I would have liked our chances.

After the game people keep mentioning Hardaway traveled, I didn't notice it live or on the replay; but I wasn't looking for it.

Can't see any way we win that game in OT with triche and mcw on bench.
I agree to a point, but then someone could have come up with a Paul Harris moment like the 6OT game . . . . you never know.

There was a thread the day after the game about the bad calls where I mentioned this travel as being an additional bad non-call. What is even worse about the non-call, if you watch the tape, you will see a ref right there not even 6 feet away with a clear view of the guy traveling. My brother and I were screaming travel when it occurred, but the ref swallowed the whistle. The only thing I can think of is that with that little time left, the ref decided he just wasn't going to call anything anymore because it was fairly blatant. (That or the fix was in.)

I still have a sick feeling in my stomach about that loss because it just feels like any chance SU had in the last two minutes of that game, the refs took it away. One can say, well, SU should have won it before the last two minutes, but that's ridiculous. Sometimes, games are won in the last two minutes.

Marquette, Butler, Ohio State and Michigan. Last 4 years, all games with Officiating that hurt SU. coincidence or fix? I call a one off a coincidence. four...

Marquette, Butler, Ohio State and Michigan. Last 4 years, all games with Officiating that hurt SU. coincidence or fix? I call a one off a coincidence. four...

I'll give you the Butler and Ohio State games. Bulter was allowed to play an extremely aggressive defense without many fouls called on them. Ohio St. was a combination of Craft getting away with his usual push off move, Sullinger getting free throws on a slew of touch fouls and getting Dion fouled out. The Marquette loss last year, I don't recall thinking the officiating was that bad. Just that SU came out flat and MU didn't, but maybe that was just me.

I'll give you the Butler and Ohio State games. Bulter was allowed to play an extremely aggressive defense without many fouls called on them. Ohio St. was a combination of Craft getting away with his usual push off move, Sullinger getting free throws on a slew of touch fouls and getting Dion fouled out. The Marquette loss last year, I don't recall thinking the officiating was that bad. Just that SU came out flat and MU didn't, but maybe that was just me.

The Marquette loss was the only one that the officials admitted to making a mistake afterward with the bogus backcourt violation.

The issue with Marqutte was the over and back call in the last 20 seconds or so. It was the wrong call, and teh NCAA apologized later, but it could have cost us the game.
That being said, MU got crushed by UNC the next round by like 30, so chances are our season would have ended the next game anyway.

I doubt we even would have gotten a shot off with the way coach was talking after the game...was a rather lame attempt at explaining cooney's misguided decision to go to the rim down 3.

He basically said..well, we were going to try and get the ball to southerland..michigan had him covered...so trevor had no other choice.

really? you think maybe you would have prepared for a situation in which southerland was covered...in fact it would have been better to use him as the decoy and set up something for fair..who happened to be wide open.

I doubt we even would have gotten a shot off with the way coach was talking after the game...was a rather lame attempt at explaining cooney's misguided decision to go to the rim down 3.

He basically said..well, we were going to try and get the ball to southerland..michigan had him covered...so trevor had no other choice.

really? you think maybe you would have prepared for a situation in which southerland was covered...in fact it would have been better to use him as the decoy and set up something for fair..who happened to be wide open.

Maybe he didn't want to throw Cooney under the bus at that point...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom