Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what? He's the only kid to come for an official visit so far this summer and we didn't accept his commitment? Whats the point of recruiting him? If they had a bunch of other official visitors at his position I could see that strategy but this one baffles me.
I don't think it actually got that far. Just that we knew we could get him and put him off just a bit. And by the time we were ready for his commitment, he was starting to look elsewhere. I don't think that is really all that rare. And let's not just assume we won't either still land him or land someone we like as much or more.

I don't think it actually got that far. Just that we knew we could get him and put him off just a bit. And by the time we were ready for his commitment, he was starting to look elsewhere. I don't think that is really all that rare. And let's not just assume we won't either still land him or land someone we like as much or more.
That's the gamble. People here would lose their crap if we didn't go after a higher ranked kid if we thought we had a chance.

This has been the case for a while with him. He feels undervalued and overlooked. He was waiting for summer ball to showcase his talents and hope for a big big program to offer. Not sure it is going to happen but he’s made it known he is open to other schools and is going to take his time completely
I remember not that long ago when a Cuse offer *was* a big time offer that top 50 kids jumped at. SMDH. In just a few years, now it’s become onetime Cinderella schools like Gonzaga. We need a coach that can make us a big time program again.

Elijah Gertrude? Or Elmarko?

Ducharme is a nice player who would be a perfect off-the-bench guard in 2023 and a very solid 4-year player who would work into a starting role, but if Weitsman wants to start spending money, hopefully he starts big and we can grab a 5-star Top 10 player from the clutches of a blue blood, instead of sealing the deal on good, but not elite players, being recruited by Xavier and Penn State. The collective that is being put together in the Fall should be helping with players like Ducharme. If we're going to start buying recruits, let's go steal DJ Wagner from Kentucky/Louisville.
With that said, using a NIL deal to recruit is against the "rules", and even though everyone else is doing it, I doubt Weitsman will do it. What will attract elite talent, however, would be Weitsman setting up NIL deals (whether directly with his money, or indirectly through his many business connections) with committed players -- news would travel fast.
Need to sign the first deal to let people know it’s out there.

Ducharme, Estrella, and Gertrude would be a helluva class. I wonder if the staff views Ducharme and Gertrude as an either-or situation.

It certainly would -- that would be a top 20 class, with three terrific prospects coming into the program.

I'm guessing we don't get 2 of those 3, unfortunately -- and might miss on all 3, depending on Estrella.

It certainly would -- that would be a top 20 class, with major talents coming into the program.

I'm guessing we don't get 2 of those 3, unfortunately -- and might miss on all 3, depending on Estrella.
We still have a shot w/ JP, and I feel like we've put in the work to land him. Sounds like we potentially missed an opportunity to lock up Ducharme and were late to the game w/ Gertrude, which is frustrating. On the bright side, JP seems most important given the current roster.

We still have a shot w/ JP, and I feel like we've put in the work to land him. Sounds like we potentially missed an opportunity to lock up Ducharme and were late to the game w/ Gertrude, which is frustrating. On the bright side, JP seems most important given the current roster.

Agree -- JP is in play. He's the most important.

Looks like the ship may have sailed with Ducharme, not sure about Gertrude. Love him as a prospect -- if someone said we could land a two player class of Gertrude and JP, I'd sign up for that right now without hesitation and be extremely pleased.

Sounds like Gertrude might be blowing up, though. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Looks like the ship may have sailed with Ducharme, not sure about Gertrude. Love him as a prospect -- if someone said we could land a two player class of Gertrude and JP, I'd sign up for that right now without hesitation and be extremely pleased.

Sounds like Gertrude might be blowing up, though. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
I know this is the Ducharme thread, but are we out with Elmarko Jackson?

Not sure why everyone is assuming we are out on Ducharme. We went three deep for him including JB at the Peach Jam and the staff wouldn't waste their time if they didn't think they have a solid shot. The Ducharme camp has been quiet. He is heading to Brewster. Maybe waiting to see what JP does?

Not sure why everyone is assuming we are out on Ducharme. We went three deep for him including JB at the Peach Jam and the staff wouldn't waste their time if they didn't think they have a solid shot. The Ducharme camp has been quiet. He is heading to Brewster. Maybe waiting to see what JP does?
He said he wasn’t making his decision until before Brewster‘s season.

It certainly would -- that would be a top 20 class, with three terrific prospects coming into the program.

How many Brewster kids that we have prioritized have we lost. Seems like we have a pretty good track record.

No inside info here, but I don't think SU is out of the mix for Reid. He's also a SG/SF, whereas Elijah is a combo guard, Elmarko is a point guard and new recruit Mike Williams is a PG/CG. Some overlap here, but I could see SU grabbing two of these guards (or none lol).

Where are people getting the idea that the ship has sailed with Ducharme? We’re in his final three.

Where are people getting the idea that the ship has sailed with Ducharme? We’re in his final three.
The ship hasn't sailed, but it seems like we missed a good chance to lock him down. He made a Top 3, took visits including to Cuse, and then said he's open to new offers. That's not great. He's ripe for another P5 to swoop in and scoop him up, especially since he was lightly recruited so far and he just strung together great performances. We still have a great chance at landing him and it appears the staff is still pursuing him hard, so we'll see what happens soon probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom