Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see crystal balls for Ducharme. Maybe 3on3 whatever that is.

ON3 RPM POWERED BY SPINY.AI UTILIZES MACHINE LEARNING TO FORECAST COLLEGE CHOICES.

On3 drops balls based on "social media" presence.

247sports has dropped no balls.

He does sound really high on Cuse and raved about his relationships with JB and GMac. Legendary school, legendary coach. Would he start as a freshman at SG if Taylor is here? Or does he come off the bench? Maybe Taylor moves to SF, where he may play this season anyways…
I think he'd come off the bench at this point but is likely being told that he'd come right into compete for it. We'll see how are frosh play this year and how the roster shakes out...

Obvious we have targeted Reid as our top priority. 3 coaches at PJ to see him and probably a couple others like Gertrude. I believe Griff was at Adidas yesterday. Wondering if he was at UA prior to that. Shame all these tournaments run concurrently.

Just confirming this for my own sake, Reid's team didn't make it to Peach Jam right? I'm pretty sure BABC was not listed as one of the teams that qualified.

They did not. But they are playing other teams that didn’t make it either.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe both Jamie Shaw of On3 and Dushawn London of 247S had CBs to DePaul for Mintz for a while ...
And Crystal balls change all the time, like they did with Mintz in the last day or two.

Anything to keep their stats up I guess. Seems a little b.s. you’re allowed to change your prediction after submitting it, skews the stats to make the “experts” seem more than just people throwing darts at the wall
Totally agree.

If he was sold on SU, he would have committed by now IMO.
Why? Kid wants to make the best decision he can. More info maybe what he needs. There are only 2 timelines that matter: his and JB's.

Why? Kid wants to make the best decision he can. More info maybe what he needs. There are only 2 timelines that matter: his and JB's.

And he's entitled to do that.

But that has nothing to do with the post you responded to. Which stated, if he was sold on SU, then he would have pulled the trigger already instead of trolling for additional options / offers.

And he's entitled to do that.

But that has nothing to do with the post you responded to. Which stated, if he was sold on SU, then he would have pulled the trigger already instead of trolling for additional options / offers.
How is looking for your best landing spot trolling? If he isn’t sure X and cuse are the spot for him why wouldn’t he look at the other options we know are being Thrown at him.

This has been the case for a while with him. He feels undervalued and overlooked. He was waiting for summer ball to showcase his talents and hope for a big big program to offer. Not sure it is going to happen but he’s made it known he is open to other schools and is going to take his time completely

This has been the case for a while with him. He feels undervalued and overlooked. He was waiting for summer ball to showcase his talents and hope for a big big program to offer. Not sure it is going to happen but he’s made it known he is open to other schools and is going to take his time completely
He is playing a dangerous game. It is getting late in the recruiting game and there aren't a lot of open spaces for this position at attractive landing spots.

I hope it works out for him.

How is looking for your best landing spot trolling? If he isn’t sure X and cuse are the spot for him why wouldn’t he look at the other options we know are being Thrown at him.

"Trolling" is a fishing term. It means to throw your fishing line behind you while the boat is driving, to see what you might catch. Hence, why I used it given Ducharme saying that he's open to new offers.

And again, he's free to do whatever he wants -- nobody disputes that, haven't seen anyone criticize him for it, either. But the fact that he's either dissatisfied with the offers he has or didn't like what he saw on the official visit to SU doesn't bode well for Syracuse's pursuit of him.

"Trolling" is a fishing term. It means to throw your fishing line behind you while the boat is driving, to see what you might catch. Hence, why I used it given Ducharme saying that he's open to new offers.

And again, he's free to do whatever he wants -- nobody disputes that, haven't seen anyone criticize him for it, either. But the fact that he's either dissatisfied with the offers he has or didn't like what he saw on the official visit to SU doesn't bode well for Syracuse's pursuit of him.
It also doesn’t bode well for the perception of Syracuse as a “big fish” or “major player” in the basketball recruiting landscape. Not new news, but just an affirmation of where this program currently is.

He doesn’t believe SU is a top tier college basketball program. That much is clear, or he wouldn’t be open to other schools. Late in the game to find the right fit - he has all the info he needs from SU. If he liked it, it’d be done already. We have made him a priority.

Can you define “big big program” for me?

Once upon a time, that was Syracuse.

And if he’s waiting for Duke, UNC, Kentucky or Kansas, he needs better guidance.

It also doesn’t bode well for the perception of Syracuse as a “big fish” or “major player” in the basketball recruiting landscape. Not new news, but just an affirmation of where this program currently is.

I guess what I find so disconcerting is that he is one of the top two prospects we've targeted / prioritized. We've been recruiting him for a year+. This was a player that should have been a slam dunk for us to land, given the emphasis we've placed on pursuing him.

Despite that, it appears we missed our window.

He doesn’t believe SU is a top tier college basketball program. That much is clear, or he wouldn’t be open to other schools. Late in the game to find the right fit - he has all the info he needs from SU. If he liked it, it’d be done already. We have made him a priority.

Edit -- bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors