Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the course of a week or two we lost Elmarko Jackson (didn't even make Top 11!), Elijah Gertrude (Top 5), and Reid Ducharme -- and maybe JP Estrella too. Were they recently told something we don't know about? Seems like we had some promising connections and all at once every single one disbanded. Thought maybe we backed off the guards because of Ducharme, but evidently not.

So, you nail a lot of the key points.

Why bring the kid in on an official, if you [1] aren't willing or ready to take his commitment, and [2] have other guys rated higher on your recruiting board? An unofficial -- sure, if the family wants to come up on their own.

But why bring Ducharme up on an official if you are targeting another guy [cough, Elmarko, cough] -- especially one you don't have an official visit lined up with yet? And then have to dis the kid and his family by turning down the commitment they are willing to make? And THEN not land in the kid you covet more's top ELEVEN.

Completely botched. People can point to JB as the root cause, but the dysfunction from this entire group is rampant. Which is why we need complete change.
As I said in an earlier post, we should have accepted his commitment and continued after other guards. If we land a much better player and Reid is unhappy and wants to leave, then let him out of his commitment. Other teams over recruit all the time and deal with the situation that might arise from it. But, we maneuver like amateurs even though we have a head coach with 40 to 50 years of recruiting experience. Add to the fact that guys are always transferring or leaving early, things have a way of working themselves out so Reid perhaps could have still been in a good spot if we went out and got another guard.

JB has publicly stated that he knows when he's retiring, and Wildhack knows also.

“I’m not going to tell you or anybody when this is going to be, (but) we have a plan in place,’' said Boeheim. “A good plan. An iron-clad plan. It’s not my decision. I’m not naming the coach like people say all the time. I’ve had no input in any (athletic director) that’s ever been hired here, any associate AD that’s ever been hired here, even the AD that oversees basketball. I’ve never had any input into that. None.

“And that’s fine. I’m not the athletic director. I’m not the chancellor.’'

Axe asked Boeheim if that means he knows when he will retire.

“Yes,’' Boeheim said. “We have a plan. Yes.’'

Did Boeheim know when or how he would announce his decision? “I don’t have a say in that. That’s up to the school.’'
JB says things.

" And now the time has come... The final curtain... My friends ... and did it my way..."

As I said in an earlier post, we should have accepted his commitment and continued after other guards. If we land a much better player and Reid is unhappy and wants to leave, then let him out of his commitment. Other teams over recruit all the time and deal with the situation that might arise from it. But, we maneuver like amateurs even though we have a head coach with 40 to 50 years of recruiting experience. Add to the fact that guys are always transferring or leaving early, things have a way of working themselves out so Reid perhaps could have still been in a good spot if we went out and got another guard.
If what was reported is true it's amateur hour at the melo center

In retrospect, and in hindsight, firing Pasqualoni was a mistake- and count me in as one who was all for it at the time. It was hubris by our AD & many of our fans. We’ve been paying for it for 20+ years.
That being said, this school has bent over backwards to accommodate JB. The longer this goes on, the worse it’ll likely be.
I’m not an ageist, by any means, but I’ll repeat….our HC is approaching 80 YEARS OLD! It’s been time for a change. JMHO
The way it was done was the mistake

And Sean Miller is absolutely a cheater. If you know for sure every minute detail about this recruiting then please share. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying Miller is no saint.
Neither is JB. People gotta stop acting like SU has never crossed the line and we only lose players because others cheat.

Neither is JB. People gotta stop acting like SU has never crossed the line and we only lose players because others cheat.
No one should need to cheat to sign Reid. He’s not a top twenty recruit.

So, you nail a lot of the key points.

Why bring the kid in on an official, if you [1] aren't willing or ready to take his commitment, and [2] have other guys rated higher on your recruiting board? An unofficial -- sure, if the family wants to come up on their own.

But why bring Ducharme up on an official if you are targeting another guy [cough, Elmarko, cough] -- especially one you don't have an official visit lined up with yet? And then have to dis the kid and his family by turning down the commitment they are willing to make? And THEN not land in the kid you covet more's top ELEVEN.

Completely botched. People can point to JB as the root cause, but the dysfunction from this entire group is rampant. Which is why we need complete change.
This is exactly why there should be no “retirement plan”. JB lost his chance to have any say in naming his replacement. The need for a continuity hire is long long gone. What we need now is a someone from outside of the program and a shot of adrenaline otherwise things are going to get bleaker than they already are.

JB has publicly stated that he knows when he's retiring, and Wildhack knows also.

“I’m not going to tell you or anybody when this is going to be, (but) we have a plan in place,’' said Boeheim. “A good plan. An iron-clad plan. It’s not my decision. I’m not naming the coach like people say all the time. I’ve had no input in any (athletic director) that’s ever been hired here, any associate AD that’s ever been hired here, even the AD that oversees basketball. I’ve never had any input into that. None.

“And that’s fine. I’m not the athletic director. I’m not the chancellor.’'

Axe asked Boeheim if that means he knows when he will retire.

“Yes,’' Boeheim said. “We have a plan. Yes.’'

Did Boeheim know when or how he would announce his decision? “I don’t have a say in that. That’s up to the school.’'
They had a plan in place and JB decided not to retire and now we have 8 years of mediocrity.

It gets worse by the day when you look at our recruiting.
Losing to Puke, UK ok.
Losing to that maniac in Connecticut, Iowa, etc is ridiculous.
Now losing a barely top 100 kid to Xavier, without a fallback, after he wanted to commit here… I’m at a loss right now

I don't know which is the bigger recruiting liability. Having a 78 year old head coach who stays. Or having a 78 year old HC that could leave at any time which creates a very unstable situation for recruits. You can be sure other coaches all attempt to capitalize on this negative recruiting angle, they would be fools if they didn't use it against us.

This is exactly why there should be no “retirement plan”. JB lost his chance to have any say in naming his replacement. The need for a continuity hire is long long gone. What we need now is a someone from outside of the program and a shot of adrenaline otherwise things are going to get bleaker than they already are.

Amen.

I wish I could like your post 1,000 times.

I don't know which is the bigger recruiting liability. Having a 78 year old head coach who stays. Or having a 78 year old HC that could leave at any time which creates a very unstable situation for recruits. You can be sure other coaches all attempt to capitalize on this negative recruiting angle, they would be fools if they didn't use it against us.
The effort speaks for itself, no need for other schools to even negatively recruit anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom