Class of 2023 - G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 G Reid Ducharme (MA / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to commit on his visit and SU held him off.
How does something like that even go down? You look the kid and his parents in the eyes, and say hold off, we are after bigger fish?

I hope JB is here 10 more years just to PO you.

Sounds stupid doesn’t it?
Well, that certainly would do it. Cherry on top would be if no one knew if he would return year over year.

I mean, it's all hearsay to me. But, seems that it's coming from multiple reliable sources.
Do these sources talk to eachother to confirm stories is the real question

How does something like that even go down? You look the kid and his parents in the eyes, and say hold off, we are after bigger fish?
And to top it off, the staff knew him and Estrella would both be at Brewster. Can't get a package deal if you don't get the first dominoe to fall. Take Ducharme and you can sell the package to Estrella.

Trey Autry will now take an official visit and commit to SU
He’s not an ACC caliber player? Just stop the talk of him coming to SU. If his last name wasn’t Autry, this board would go bonkers if SU took him. He’s a good player, but not good enough if we want to compete in the ACC. If we want to stay where we currently are, it’s fine to bring him in.

And to top it off, the staff knew him and Estrella would both be at Brewster. Can't get a package deal if you don't get the first dominoe to fall. Take Ducharme and you can sell the package to Estrella.
Ok, grassy knoll conspiracy theory; was this on purpose, to basically be "forced" to take RedJr? No one could be this incompetent, right?

He’s not an ACC caliber player? Just stop the talk of him coming to SU. If his last name wasn’t Autry, this board would go bonkers if SU took him. He’s a good player, but not good enough if we want to compete in the ACC. If we want to stay where we currently are, it’s fine to bring him in.
Neither were Buddy or Andy, until they were. (I know Andy was Big East, but the point remains.)

I think we are missing the big story here. It isn't not getting Reid. Now, I wanted Reid. But we do have Taylor and Bunch for the 2 and 3 going forward. The big story, and the one that should scare the crap out of us is that we didn't get in the top 5 for Jackson or Gertrude. That should tell us where we stand in the recruiting world right now.

whats kind of scary/sad in the same part that no one has mentioned...

All of the games the coaches watched (including JB)...all the recruits they went to every AAU game for...are all gone/wont come here. It was like the effort they did try to do in the summer time is all a waste. I honestly can't remember the last time this has happened where we watched all of the games/majority of games for X amount of recruits in the summer and we don't land any of them.
I did. That’s why I said there’s no plan b. We are so far behind it’s ridiculous

It happens more than you think. I think Reid is probably more marginal P5 material. The flaw I see is they are only recruiting for 2-3 spots which is a mistake imo

I think we are missing the big story here. It isn't not getting Reid. Now, I wanted Reid. But we do have Taylor and Bunch for the 2 and 3 going forward. The big story, and the one that should scare the crap out of us is that we didn't get in the top 5 for Jackson or Gertrude. That should tell us where we stand in the recruiting world right now.
Exactly. The uncertainty and disengagement is killing us

Death, Taxes & us having a great shot at CityRocks kids is now not always true unfortunately

Perhaps he just doesn’t really like the school? This isnt a video game where if you pour enough points in to the kid that the algorithm brings up a commitment, these kids don’t have to like to Syracuse, we missed on kids in early 10s even though Syracuse was on the top of the world because at least 145 of the top 150 recruits don’t come here every year.

I obviously don’t know as much as the insiders but I know enough about the real world to recognize that some people don’t like the things other people love. I would never want to work for Apple because of the location, expected hours. And nature of the work but there are hundreds of thousands who would move mountains to get a job there.

Last edited:
Teams need fourth guards... Taking a guy with good size, strong defense and basketball smarts who can also hit an open three isn't the worst guy to give your emergency minutes.

Perhaps he just doesn’t really like the school? This isnt a video game where if you pour enough points in to the kid that the algorithm brings up a commitment, these kids don’t have to like to Syracuse, we missed on kids in early 10s even though Syracuse was on the top of the world because at least 145 of the top 150 recruits don’t come here every year.

I obviously don’t know much as the insiders but I know enough but the real world to recognize that some people don’t like the things other people love. I would never want to work for Apple because of the location, expected hours. And nature of the work but there are hundreds of thousands who would move mountains to get a job there.

Recruiting is certainly a two-way street.

But Ducharme and his family WANTED to commit on their official visit, and were rebuffed. The staff declined to accept their commitment, because they had another backcourt prospect rated higher. So there goes that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom