Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

That offensive line...is concerning. Wish the NCAA would get its act together and approved Bleich's transfer waiver. Yikes.

If I went to prison in January 1999 and the last game I got to watch was a #5 lined up at QB and then got out of prison today only to see a #5 lined up at LG...I’d probably go back to prison.
Laff!

So pulling guards and rolling right I guess? Wonder if we are actually going to run some option plays or just pitches and counters?

How did the team get so thin in depth? OL especially.

Any comments?

How did the team get so thin in depth? OL especially.

Any comments?
Injuries and how bare the cupboard Cav inherited was. We’ve had two decent OL hauls in 2019 and 2020, a better than decent haul in 2021, but OL ideally redshirt rather than get plugged in. White’s not yet realized his potential and Alexander was a whiff. There’s a number of issues right now, I’m giving Cav a pass though. We missed on a number of recruits too unfortunately but it seems thats since been improved upon.

So Andre is the Rover and Trill is at FS

Interesting
The safety/rover scenario was presaged by TomCat. Cisco and Trill will be excellent - but the tradeoff of moving Trill to FS is two frosh at CB (talented group but yikes). DL is also as predicted -undersized but experienced. The stunners are - Barron getting in there behind Taj and Elmore at LOG (good stopgap but we need Bleich to clear NCAA waivers). LB's as expected at the Mike but at Will there's another freshman surprise (Wax). At SAM Linton is backing up Thompson (unexpectedly), and Richards is nowhere on the 2-deep. Wow. We're either desperate or the frosh breaking into the 2-deep are uber-talented.

Last edited:
1. Elmore list at LG
2. No Tyrell Richards
3. A true freshman starts at LB over Linton
4. A redshirt freshman starter at CB, backed up by another redshirt freshman and walk-on.

Takeaways - Obvious depth problems at OL. I know we got burned by last years graduate transfer but I wish they tried again (ie. The starting center from Rutgers who played at Don Bosco that Redrum mentioned). Interesting that they’d rather go with Elmore than temporarily moving someone like Anthony Red inside to guard from tackle.

Tyrell Richards had a weird tweet a few weeks back directed at Wildhack. Not going to speculate but guessing there’s some internal issues there.

Thompson starting at a true freshman says more to me about what he has shown than any depth issues. We heard rave reviews about Linton and there are several good LB prospects on this team already. Think he will be a big part going forward.

Aside from any OL issues, if next week does not go well I think we’ll here about how Howell picked apart the RF who is starting at one of the CB spots. Here’s hoping a plan is in place and Williams has the talent to make up for no experience. Also interesting that Adrian Cole did not make two-deep and is behind a walk on.

The safety/rover scenario was presaged by TomCat. Cisco and Trill will be great - although moving Trill to FS leaves two frosh opposite Meli at CB (talented group but yikes). DL is also as predicted -undersized but experienced. The stunners are - Barron getting in there behind Taj and Elmore at LOG (good stopgap but we need Bleich to clear NCAA waivers). LB's as expected at the Mike but at Will there's a surprise (Wax). At SAM Linton is backing up Thompson (unexpectedly), and Richards is nowhere on the 2-deep. Wow.

The staff absolutely LOVED Thompson last year as a recruit. But for him to crack the lineup as a true frosh...

Will be an interesting game, with lots of new faces getting their first taste of game action.

Was hoping Anthony Red was on the two deep if not starting in Bleich’s absence.

If he’s injured I hope he gets healthy.

Easy kid to root for so hoping for the best.
He’s banged up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom