Game 13 Uniforms | USF | Syracusefan.com

Game 13 Uniforms | USF

I kinda like it for Florida.

Does anyone know if Fran likes these uniforms, can find a way to get a retro uniform in the artillery, etc.

I'd love to see Fran bring back the numbers on the pants (on the side), the qbs wearing qb jackets pre game (always sharp seeing McNabb, Downing and Johnson in their qb only jackets), and the removal of the S on the helmet. Give me these retro Fran

I kinda like it for Florida.

Does anyone know if Fran likes these uniforms, can find a way to get a retro uniform in the artillery, etc.

I'd love to see Fran bring back the numbers on the pants (on the side), the qbs wearing qb jackets pre game (always sharp seeing McNabb, Downing and Johnson in their qb only jackets), and the removal of the S on the helmet. Give me these retro Fran
Fran seems to have a great sense of style. I'm sure if we're up for a re-designed uni per our contract with Nike he'll have a say.

Awful.

We might as well be Oklahoma State or Clemson or Miami.

We are a national game tonight. We are the only game on television.

We are attempting to re-establish our football brand.

The all-orange look will not at all distinguish us or remind the viewers of Graves, Johnston, MacPherson or McNabb.

With the branding strategy in mind, we should be Orange/Blue/Orange so the world of college football can get re-acquainted with us.

This is a horrible decision.

Awful.

The all-orange look will not at all distinguish us or remind the viewers of Graves, Johnston, MacPherson or McNabb.

With the branding strategy in mind, we should be Orange/Blue/Orange so the world of college football can get re-acquainted with us.

They should be a one off every year. It’s overused

Awful.

So your take is the all Orange look is off brand for a school with the nickname "Orange," whose mascot is an anthropomorphic orange, and whose only official school color is orange, because it won't remind non-fans watching a Thursday night bowl of guys who played for Syracuse 25-35 years ago?

Also, no one associates any of OKST, Clemson, or Miami, with all orange uniforms.

I'm sure old folks will subscribe to your take though. :rolleyes:

Awful.

For this game, i have no issues whatsoever. it's an exhibition that will be viewed by so few people. All orange in orange-ville florida, fine w me.

Hope next year we have enhancements to great uniforms

Awful.

My brother it's really not that serious trust me...plus these uniforms are sweet.

So your take is the all Orange look is off brand for a school with the nickname "Orange," whose mascot is an anthropomorphic orange, and whose only official school color is orange, because it won't remind non-fans watching a Thursday night bowl of guys who played for Syracuse 25-35 years ago?

Also, no one associates any of OKST, Clemson, or Miami, with all orange uniforms.

I'm sure old folks will subscribe to your take though. :rolleyes:
The brand of success for Syracuse University is O-B-O and O-W-O.

That is simply a fact.

Obviously, I can't speak for what you have seen, but the all orange look - besides being hideous - is something that Oklahoma State has used for years - dating back to the Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas days.

To a lesser extent, Clemson has used the look and to a lesser extent, so has Miami.

So, the notion that "no one associates" the other schools with all orange is inaccurate in my view.

The all-orange look for Syracuse University is a loser's look. We have had virtually no success with that brand. That's what the "younger folks" have had to endure since the days of Coaches Mac and Pasqualoni - other than the successful Marrone era.

When one looks at Syracuse University Football's history of success, one sees guys like Harrison, Freeney, McNabb, Graves, Johnston - none of whom wore all orange.

So, the "our official color is orange" argument seems pretty meaningless when one considers what the history of the blue and orange look that has existed for generations and that is associated with success on the field.

Fran seems to have a great sense of style.
I'm hoping Fran can bring back our classic look the same way that Autry did for basketball.

images

I'm always going to be a McNabb-era guy in terms of my fave uniforms, but a few things:

I think these are dope.

I hope the captains or seniors got to make the choice (pending our h/a status in the game)

Just have fun and win.

All Orange vs All Green.

For a pre-Christmas bowl game that nobody outside of Syracuse or Tampa cares about, it'll work.

The brand of success for Syracuse University is O-B-O and O-W-O.

That is simply a fact.

Obviously, I can't speak for what you have seen, but the all orange look - besides being hideous - is something that Oklahoma State has used for years - dating back to the Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas days.

To a lesser extent, Clemson has used the look and to a lesser extent, so has Miami.

So, the notion that "no one associates" the other schools with all orange is inaccurate in my view.

The all-orange look for Syracuse University is a loser's look. We have had virtually no success with that brand. That's what the "younger folks" have had to endure since the days of Coaches Mac and Pasqualoni - other than the successful Marrone era.

When one looks at Syracuse University Football's history of success, one sees guys like Harrison, Freeney, McNabb, Graves, Johnston - none of whom wore all orange.

So, the "our official color is orange" argument seems pretty meaningless when one considers what the history of the blue and orange look that has existed for generations and that is associated with success on the field.

Gave you a like. As I've noted elsewhere in this thread, your fave unis are mine as well.

I appreciate the way you stand on your beliefs whether it comes to coaches, uniforms, whatever. It's admirable, truly.

IMO and IMO only, I 1) already appreciate what HCFB has done in terms of throw back to the 90s in terms of what he says, the recruiting videos, the previous football players we've had, etc. and 2) separately, I think you (and I know I for sure) really enjoy those 90s uniforms because we were good... and we were cool.

McNabb was cool. Spotwood was cool. Bullock was cool. Darius was cool.

I get it. I always hope we go back to those uniforms but I'm fine if not. But I just wanted to post some solidarity even if I'm not quite as staunchly opinionated on this.

I’m not sure how anyone can say this isn’t “on brand” for the Syracuse ORANGE to play in all ORANGE

It’s not like we ran out there in the platinums.

It’s a bowl game, should always be a “special” uniform!!

Time to get with at least the 2000s!

Respect history. If HCFB’s first SU game was the 1998 kickoff classic game against Wisconsin, then bring back the unis that McNabb, Darius and co. wore that day.

B2CA791C-5602-4336-A11E-2E2FE8B4A953.jpeg

For this game, i have no issues whatsoever. it's an exhibition that will be viewed by so few people. All orange in orange-ville florida, fine w me.

Hope next year we have enhancements to great uniforms
Stop calling it an exhibition, it's a bowl game that they keep score, they determine a winner and a loser, and it's recorded on this season's record to determine if this season is a winning one or a losing one, they will keep that record in our stat books FOREVER, and it will be reflected in bowl records, winning season records, and even against this team again Forever. I want them to win and will be rooting for them to do so just like any other real game. Repeat after me : 'Every game matters'...

Stop calling it an exhibition, it's a bowl game that they keep score, they determine a winner and a loser, and it's recorded on this season's record to determine if this season is a winning one or a losing one, they will keep that record in our stat books FOREVER, and it will be reflected in bowl records, winning season records, and even against this team again Forever. I want them to win and will be rooting for them to do so just like any other real game. Repeat after me : 'Every game matters'...

If we win, it will also be hung in the rafters

Let’s add another banner!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom