Game 13 Uniforms | USF | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 13 Uniforms | USF

syracuse-qb-chuck-zimmerman-october-27-1958-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg
Yes, I am aware of the Chuck Zimmerman photo.

It's true that on occasion in the 1950s the football team wore all orange.

I am pretty sure that after 1958, the team never wore O-O-O but went O-W-O home and away - almost exclusively through 1966.

In 1967 the program went to O-B-O at home and O-W-O away through 1973.

Under Frank Maloney in 1974 the program went to W-O-W at home and W-W-O away. Those were tough years.

By 1977, Maloney was compelled to go O-B-W at home and O-W-W away.

in 1981, Coach Mac returned to O-B-O at home and O-W-O away.

Coach P carried on the Coach Mac look though he did on one or two occasions toward the end - 2003 I think - use the O-O-O look.

After Dr. Gross' first go at it - which was awful - Marrone returned to the Coach Mac look.

Dr. Gross gave it another shot after Marrone left - and it was awful.

I think it's hard to dispute the notion that the brand of success for the program - over the past 60 years or so - has been the Coach Schwartzwalder/Coach Mac/Coach P/Coach Marrone look.

Everybody has an opinion.

My opinion is that the O-B-O and O-W-O look is the best in college football and should be on display for national games such as this one.

Regardless, I am really looking forward to the game tonight. Let's Go Orange!

I am pretty sure that after 1958, the team never wore O-O-O but went O-W-O home and away - almost exclusively through 1966.

Under Frank Maloney in 1974 the program went to W-O-W at home and W-W-O away. Those were tough years.

Coach P carried on the Coach Mac look though he did on one or two occasions toward the end - 2003 I think - use the O-O-O look.

After Dr. Gross' first go at it - which was awful - Marrone returned to the Coach Mac look.

I think it's hard to dispute the notion that the brand of success for the program - over the past 60 years or so - has been the Coach Schwartzwalder/Coach Mac/Coach P/Coach Marrone look.

My opinion is that the O-B-O and O-W-O look is the best in college football and should be on display for national games such as this one.

All Orange uniforms are terrible.

It is very strange how often the uniforms changed during the Gross run as AD.

The best uniform items in his time was numbers on the helmet in 2005 (which of course he changed immediately) and the uniform look of 2012 (which of course he changed immediately).

We’re well beyond kids caring what our uniform looks like in when they pick a school. If the price is right they’ll wear an evening dress.

O-W-O should be the primary home and primary away.

do one offs of that.

always starting with Orange helmet

I absolutely despise the all orange uniforms and we always seem to play like crap in them.

Anything besides home O-B-O or away O-W-O completely sucks.

My heart sunk a tad walking to the seat after seeing the team wearing the atrocities. I’m not surprised at the suckage that ensued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom