Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

With the vibe of the scene and the closeups to some sort of potions I was actually expecting her to commit suicide. If nothing else to troll all of the fans who are just assuming she is going to bring Jon Snow back, and also considering how depressed she was about the prophecy in the flames being way off. I was a little relieved to see the old lady.
ive had her pegged as being weakened and hiding something.

turns out shes Rapunzels 'mother'

tangled-mother-rapunzel.jpg

He'll be back, but not as Jon Stark. And I concur that Mel should traipse about unclothed for the duration of S06.

which version though. not the last version we saw. that was bloody gross.

Solid episode. I thought the title of the episode gave away something was up with Red Women.

HBO trolled everyone with Jon Snow's fate still being up in air. I am wondering what they are planning with Daerneys and Tyrion.

Sansa storyline seems pretty understood. No more Dark Sansa. Cersei is cracking.

The show is bordering on un-watchable for me.

<<<SPOILERS BELOW>>>
Oscillates from an overwrought soap opera (the trite, repetitive Lannister-twin pep rally) to the ridiculous (overpowered video game character Brienne OF COURSE riding in at exactly the right time, out of nowhere, to save Sansa) to the inane (Sandsnakes whacking Doran and Trystane: why even introduce those two characters on the show?).

Tyrion and Varys buddy show provides relief, but doesn't advance anything. Jon Snow arc... just get on with it, we know another major battle episode is coming based on the trailers.

Please just get Drogon to free up Danaerys, Euron to arrive by sea, and Bronn back in the picture (Riverlands?). I am keen to see the Tower of Joy flashback. And where TF is Baelish?

The show is bordering on un-watchable for me.

<<<SPOILERS BELOW>>>
Oscillates from an overwrought soap opera (the trite, repetitive Lannister-twin pep rally) to the ridiculous (overpowered video game character Brienne OF COURSE riding in at exactly the right time, out of nowhere, to save Sansa) to the inane (Sandsnakes whacking Doran and Trystane: why even introduce those two characters on the show?).

Tyrion and Varys buddy show provides relief, but doesn't advance anything. Jon Snow arc... just get on with it, we know another major battle episode is coming based on the trailers.

Please just get Drogon to free up Danaerys, Euron to arrive by sea, and Bronn back in the picture (Riverlands?). I am keen to see the Tower of Joy flashback. And where TF is Baelish?
I disagree.

Brienne was either at or on her way to Winterfell when she killed Stannis. it makes sense she was out there as Sansa escapes Winterfell. it shouldnt be too difficult to track anyone, even with the snow.

I never cared for the sandsnakes at all anyway, so ill give you that.

we needed to se Tyrion and Varys and your last sentence is spot on.

Brienne was either at or on her way to Winterfell when she killed Stannis. it makes sense she was out there as Sansa escapes Winterfell. it shouldnt be too difficult to track anyone, even with the snow.

I never cared for the sandsnakes at all anyway, so ill give you that.

we needed to se Tyrion and Varys and your last sentence is spot on.
All Brienne had to do was follow the barking dogs. It's not as if traffic noise was blocking the sounds.

The last we saw Littlefinger he was at King's Landing manipulating Cersei into giving him the Warden of the North title if the Vale overtakes Winterfell...and it's possible that while he was there he gave Lancel a little nudge to get Cersei imprisoned. My guess is he's at least at the Eyrie convincing the House Arryn committee (not sure how that works) to round the Vale troops toward Winterfell, if not already in the North watching how the battle between Bolton and Stannis went down.

I don't see what is trite about the Lannisters. I find Cersei's evolution interesting (she now has the self-awareness to know how despicable she is), yet we still don't know exactly where it's going to go.

All Brienne had to do was follow the barking dogs. It's not as if traffic noise was blocking the sounds.

The last we saw Littlefinger he was at King's Landing manipulating Cersei into giving him the Warden of the North title if the Vale overtakes Winterfell...and it's possible that while he was there he gave Lancel a little nudge to get Cersei imprisoned. My guess is he's at least at the Eyrie convincing the House Arryn committee (not sure how that works) to round the Vale troops toward Winterfell, if not already in the North watching how the battle between Bolton and Stannis went down.

I don't see what is trite about the Lannisters. I find Cersei's evolution interesting (she now has the self-awareness to know how despicable she is), yet we still don't know exactly where it's going to go.
Brienne and anyone else in the great, wide North. Seems implausible that that pack of hounds is the one 'beacon' that draws Brienne and Pod (why aren't they heading back to Winterfell to rescue Sansa (since to my knowledge they have no knowledge of the Theon-assisted escape plan?) and - somehow - this same cacophony draws no one else.

I'm pretty sure I know where LF is; my intent was to call out the episode's lack of LF: indefensible to give a millisecond of screen time to the Thand Thnakes while eschewing Baelish.

RE: Lannister dialogue: trite, repetitive. I like where all of this is heading, but Cersei, Joff, et al. have at various times done the tough guy act and it's worn thin - but I found the scripting particularly uninventive: contrast with the tete-a-tete between Roose and Ramsey. Cersei's evolution is intriguing; hope we see the steep decline one would expect.

Brienne and anyone else in the great, wide North. Seems implausible that that pack of hounds is the one 'beacon' that draws Brienne and Pod (why aren't they heading back to Winterfell to rescue Sansa (since to my knowledge they have no knowledge of the Theon-assisted escape plan?) and - somehow - this same cacophony draws no one else.
I really doubt Sansa and Theon got very far on injured legs from Winterfell when that scene occurs. Remember that the forces were just returning when they leapt from the castle. Probably only took a few minutes for Ramsay to see or be alerted that they were gone and for him to send out troops and dogs to find them. Maybe they were even spotted on their way into the wooded area. I don't find it far-fetched that Brienne went back to her perch immediately after killing Stannis to see a panicked search team departing Winterfell and decided to see what the hub-bub was all about.
I'm pretty sure I know where LF is; my intent was to call out the episode's lack of LF: indefensible to give a millisecond of screen time to the Thand Thnakes while eschewing Baelish.
Haha I'm 100% in agreement there. My guess is we don't see much of the Dorne cast this season, considering how awful the response was to that entire plot line in Season 5.

bottom line, getting Brienne to pledge to and have Sansa accept (this time) was a pivotal point in the show, this is her 1st ally since her mother. she was obviously in the area and sometimes you just have to believe in fate or destiny. whats next, you going to tell us there is no such thing as Dragons ;)

Sansa is about to start asserting herself...

I really doubt Sansa and Theon got very far on injured legs from Winterfell when that scene occurs. Remember that the forces were just returning when they leapt from the castle. Probably only took a few minutes for Ramsay to see or be alerted that they were gone and for him to send out troops and dogs to find them. Maybe they were even spotted on their way into the wooded area. I don't find it far-fetched that Brienne went back to her perch immediately after killing Stannis to see a panicked search team departing Winterfell and decided to see what the hub-bub was all about.
You know, I'm realizing now that my Sansa storyline comments are colored by my intense dislike for overpowered, too charismatic Brienne. Book-Brienne was a more reasonable and flawed (in a likable way) character. Show Brienne is coloring way outside the lines IMO.

So yeah, probably not that hard for her and Pod to connect with Sansa. Carry on.

You know, I'm realizing now that my Sansa storyline comments are colored by my intense dislike for overpowered, too charismatic Brienne. Book-Brienne was a more reasonable and flawed (in a likable way) character. Show Brienne is coloring way outside the lines IMO.

So yeah, probably not that hard for her and Pod to connect with Sansa. Carry on.
I think I enjoy the show more simply because I never read the books. I've observed that those who have read the books criticize the show so much more than others. Almost as if they take it personal because what they're seeing isn't what they were envisioning in their own minds. I was hoping that that since the show had caught up with the books that the criticism from the readers would die down this season...but that hasn't been the case so far. ;)

http://www.theonion.com/article/nation-relieved-insufferable-little-game-thrones-f-52801

He's aliiiiiiiiiive!!!!

dd79b9e3f1eb6c3a8080f8d0c3faf38b.jpg

I'm glad they didn't drag it out for 8 or 9 episodes.

Great episode. And now there's time travel! The only thing that was missing. Though I hope they don't ruin the possibility of a spin-off/pre-mini-series that contains all of the events that led to Robert's Rebellion. I always wanted to see the whole Raegar Targaryan/Lyanna Stark kidnapping thing followed by the war in live action form rather than just dialog. A good 8-10 episodes would suffice.

He's aliiiiiiiiiive!!!!

dd79b9e3f1eb6c3a8080f8d0c3faf38b.jpg

I'm glad they didn't drag it out for 8 or 9 episodes.

Great episode. And now there's time travel! The only thing that was missing. Though I hope they don't ruin the possibility of a spin-off/pre-mini-series that contains all of the events that led to Robert's Rebellion. I always wanted to see the whole Raegar Targaryan/Lyanna Stark kidnapping thing followed by the war in live action form rather than just dialog. A good 8-10 episodes would suffice.
I agree but when I saw Jon's wolf sleeping on the floor I knew they were going to use his waking to coincide with Jon's resurrection. In fact my wife called it first here.I think the watch who stabbed him are going to have a whole lot of s'plaining to do.

After two content-heavy episodes, they kind of took a breather this week to set the stage for upcoming events. I guess it's understandable, but a little annoying when the season is only ten episodes long.

Brace yourselves for yet another Stark Reunion Near Miss.

After two content-heavy episodes, they kind of took a breather this week to set the stage for upcoming events. I guess it's understandable, but a little annoying when the season is only ten episodes long.

That's not my take at all. I especially didn't think the Castle Black story was lacking. Jon awakens, hangs his killers, and quits the Night's Watch. What more could you want from one episode?

I also love the Bran and Raven story line. You can't expect all of the secrets of the world to be revealed in one episode. And it was good to see a scene in Dorne that didn't make me roll my eyes. Bran witnessing his father (not really) defeating the great knight guarding the tower contrast to what he was told growing up is important. If he's going to save Westeros and beyond, he'll need to shed all of his innocence.

The rest I guess are "set-the-stage" stories but that's what a serial TV series is, really.

A good analysisBlaze. I expect Arya to do some ass kicking on that bitch who took advantage of her blindness. I loved the hanging scene that included Ollie. I kind of hope that Cersie

able to dispatch her SHAME SHAME-judge. Now he wants more judgement . Its time for that story line to end. I expect Brienne to do what she does best.Wipe out anyone who threatens her or her charge.

A good analysisBlaze. I expect Arya to do some ass kicking on that bitch who took advantage of her blindness. I loved the hanging scene that included Ollie. I kind of hope that Cersie

able to dispatch her SHAME SHAME-judge. Now he wants more judgement . Its time for that story line to end. I expect Brienne to do what she does best.Wipe out anyone who threatens her or her charge.
From the preview it looks like Brienne, Sansa and Pod arrive at Castle Black. Probably just after Jon resigned and left. D'oh!

That's not my take at all. I especially didn't think the Castle Black story was lacking. Jon awakens, hangs his killers, and quits the Night's Watch. What more could you want from one episode?

I also love the Bran and Raven story line. You can't expect all of the secrets of the world to be revealed in one episode. And it was good to see a scene in Dorne that didn't make me roll my eyes. Bran witnessing his father (not really) defeating the great knight guarding the tower contrast to what he was told growing up is important. If he's going to save Westeros and beyond, he'll need to shed all of his innocence.

The rest I guess are "set-the-stage" stories but that's what a serial TV series is, really.
I agree with everything you said and really don't have much of a problem with the pacing of individual storylines. Just fretting a little that we are already 1/3 through the season and there is a ton of material to cover.

From the preview it looks like Brienne, Sansa and Pod arrive at Castle Black. Probably just after Jon resigned and left. D'oh!
We learn that he hasn't left yet and that Emelia Çkar as Danny is still "super hot"in both ways of being HOT. I have to think that the "Red Lady" meets her end by Brienne's sword!