Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

Littlefinger's thought process is a mystery right now. He was obviously blindsided by Sansa's rejection of him. What he decides to do with the Vale troops is anyone's guess.

Euron Greyjoy's goal is to align with Daenerys but when that moment comes will she go through with it? Or see him as the dirtbag that he is and decline? Or see him as the dirtbag he is and accept?

Jamie runs Casterly Rock now (for the first time) and he seems to be in good terms with Mace and Olenna at the moment.

The Brotherhood Without Banners should be making an appearance shortly and may contribute to some important outcomes. Who runs Storm's End? Dragonstone?

I haven't seen King's Landing acknowledge Roose's murder either, although a lot of stuff happens that we don't see on the show. But I'm not sure it would matter anyway.
Yesterday's episode showed Arya getting seriously hurt but I don't think she will die.The reintroduction of the "Hound would seem to be a natural connection between the two and we want Arya to "Needle" that girl who did the stabbing. I'm getting the feeling that Bran who may well be least thought of winner of "the Iron Throne actually may be the the direction this mythology is heading. The sooner they remove the Sparrows head and play soccer with it on the "walk of shame path"

Last edited:
For a split second Ithought Jamie Lannister might flip allegiances. I can’t see him being aligned with the Freys or Ramsey.

I thought Brienne of Tarth might convince Jamie to switch sides and and that the Lannister's 8000 men army might go to help Sansa. But in the coming attractions they showed Brienne fighting with Jamie. It could go either way.

I think Sansa was sending the letter to Little Finger to get aid. We shall see.

Arya needs help!

thought this past episode was really good. was great to see the Hound back. I'm rooting for the guy.

i was a little confused though why the band of brothers would slaughter all of those people. id always thought they were basically guerrilla fighters who drew from the local populations as well as the deserters etc. Was that not the brothers who did the killings?

Last edited:
i notice someone at the 40 second mark leaps off the side of the building. looks like the waif

thought this past episode was really good. was great to see the Hound back. I'm rooting for the guy.

i was a little confused though why the band of brothers would slaughter all of those people though. id always thought they were basically guerrilla fighters who drew from the local populations as well as the deserters etc. Was that not the brothers who did the killings?

A rival religion clearing away any competition is the reason.

i notice someone at the 40 second mark leaps off the side of the building. looks like the waif

Jaquen's only instruction to the Waif was to make sure that Arya didn't suffer during her assassination. I don't think that stabbing her in the gut multiple times, including one where she twisted the knife, qualifies as merciful. If Jaquen was a hidden observer in the crowd, which seems likely given his affection for A Girl, the Waif could be in some trouble.

i think we know now.

is that who Sansa sent the Raven to??

I can see littlefinger accepting.
Confirmed...

PgqohMA.png

I picked up the season 5 bluray set after catching a few random episodes on HBO, burning through it to get ready. Maybe because it comes on the heels of a TWD finale that left a bad taste in my mouth but I am really psyched for this return. Also for this season I will not need to make my spoiler free edition of this thread. :p

Despite whatever HBO says I'm not buying the Jon Snow is dead bit. Some iteration of him will be back, Jon Stark perhaps? He faithfully served the Watch until his death, so he is free man now. Hopefully after some sort of ceremony that requires Melissandre to be naked.
Arya's stabbing. Might she receive help from the traveling troop that she was assigned to kill the star lady. She instead warned the actress that her stand in was wanting her job and wishing her dead. I'm guessing that wannabe actress is somehow connected to the "faceless man."

Arya's stabbing. Might she receive help from the traveling troop that she was assigned to kill the star lady. She instead warned the actress that her stand in was wanting her job and wishing her dead. I'm guessing that wannabe actress is somehow connected to the "faceless man."

Good call. I love they way she cut the candle so she could fight in the darkness.

I imagine the forces of Dorne and massing for an attack. I wonder if Cersei is financing the attack on Meereen. My bet is the Dothraki will ride to the rescue. Also, I think Varys will hookup with Greyjoy fleet on the way to his secret mission. Turnaround, and engage the slaver's fleet. I wonder if Jamie was lying to Edmure about his child. Maybe the kid is Walder Frey's kid. Either way, I imagine before Edmure takes up arms again against the Freys he's going to try to steal is wife and child back first.

The night is dark and full of terrors. Why is it that all the most popular religions are always based on fear? Fear sells I guess.

Does anyone know how many episodes are left before the season 6 finale?

Not sure what I thought of last night's episode.

The Arrya chase scene was a little hokey and overdrawn. I loved the end though – does a girl have name - I’m Arrya Stark of Winterfell and I’m going home. That was great. His smirk implied to me he admired her. (and she certainly passed his test) Will we see him again as an ally?

I love the Hounds’ character. Hoping he hooks up with Arrya again and becomes her sworn knight.

Is the Blackfish really dead? I hate not seeing bodies. I'd prefer to have watched him go down fighting though than Arrya's chase scene with the Waif.

Cersei's "I choose violence" line was great. However, it ended up backfiring on her like all of her impulsive decisions. She's been pretty open about her Trial by Combat strategy, which is now moot after showing what they would have to face. Looks like the next plan will involve the Wildfire stockpiles if/when she musters the resolve to give up on her son and torch him along with the rest of Kings Landing.

Good call. I love they way she cut the candle so she could fight in the darkness.

I imagine the forces of Dorne and massing for an attack. I wonder if Cersei is financing the attack on Meereen. My bet is the Dothraki will ride to the rescue. Also, I think Varys will hookup with Greyjoy fleet on the way to his secret mission. Turnaround, and engage the slaver's fleet. I wonder if Jamie was lying to Edmure about his child. Maybe the kid is Walder Frey's kid. Either way, I imagine before Edmure takes up arms again against the Freys he's going to try to steal is wife and child back first.

The night is dark and full of terrors. Why is it that all the most popular religions are always based on fear? Fear sells I guess.
The Mountain has interesting ways of dispatching his targets and Çersie's" "I choose violence! "As for Arya, I loved the candle light swatting. I really thought she was going to plunge Needle into "the Man's heart but instead reclaimed her name and destination which she will no doubt run into the Hound.He,the Hound has lost none of his ability to kill with a sword or ax. I wonder if a clash between the Mountain and the Hound is coming?

The Mountain has interesting ways of dispatching his targets and Çersie's" "I choose violence! "As for Arya, I loved the candle light swatting. I really thought she was going to plunge Needle into "the Man's heart but instead reclaimed her name and destination which she will no doubt run into the Hound.He,the Hound has lost none of his ability to kill with a sword or ax. I wonder if a clash between the Mountain and the Hound is coming?
Does anyone know how many episodes are left before the season 6 finale?
I think there might be three left but its not a rock solid guess on my part. No doubt its going to be another terrible cliffhanger to match Jon Snow's death!

Not sure what I thought of last night's episode.

The Arrya chase scene was a little hokey and overdrawn. I loved the end though – does a girl have name - I’m Arrya Stark of Winterfell and I’m going home. That was great. His smirk implied to me he admired her. (and she certainly passed his test) Will we see him again as an ally?

I love the Hounds’ character. Hoping he hooks up with Arrya again and becomes her sworn knight.

Is the Blackfish really dead? I hate not seeing bodies. I'd prefer to have watched him go down fighting though than Arrya's chase scene with the Waif.

I thought it was a little weird that Jaqen H'ghar would let Arrya return to Westeros. I thought once you commit you are in for life. They did share "the gift" with her. It will be interested to see if see can use "the gift" in later episodes for her own personal gain (which is against the principles of the order).

My feeling is it will be Arrya who ends up killing Ramsay_Bolton.

Good point on the Black fish being dead. The Waif chase seen was little too much with the fruit baskets getting tipped over (cliche chase scene).

Maybe the Hound will clash with Ramsay Bolton. I think Arrya and the Hound definitely are going to hookup on her way to Winterfell. The Mountain is too far south, at least right now. Who knows, when Jamie gets back Cersie and Jamie may be force to flee to Casterly Rock with his 8000 men. I thought it was interesting to see Kevan Lannister turn Cersie away. She's really lost a lot of power at this point.

Last edited:
Maybe the Hound will clash with Ramsay Bolton. I think Arrya and the Hound definitely are going to hookup on her way to Winterfell. The Mountain is too far south, at least right now. Who knows, when Jamie gets back Cersie and Jamie may be force to flee to Casterly Rock with his 8000 men. I thought it was interesting to see Kevan Lannister turn Cersie away. She's really lost a lot of power at this point.
When you see a central character losing power after once having it ,it makes me think that a correction will be coming shortly.Every one wants her to dispatch the holy Sparrow. Preferably not by the Mountain but with her guile. Thats how I would write it, if I could.

I thought it was a little weird that Jaqen H'ghar would let Arrya return to Westeros.
Remember they met when HE was in Westeros, so I don't think they have any territorial restrictions. Not so sure about her reclaiming her name/title, but it could be rationalized as one of many faces that she now has.

In terms of her being allowed to live, my interpretation is that when a name is given to a faceless one, they are obligated to attempt to deliver it, but the Faceless God isn't actually particular about which face is received. Arya dispatching the Waif and bringing in her face settled things from each perspective. Not sure if that makes sense, but not much from their Order does.