Gap year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gap year

Is DC2 even going to play this season?

DC2 will be an interesting question. If we have a mediocre season and DC2 doesn't every make it back and CMAC doesn't show enough to leave early......what do you do or not do to find room for Bryant?

You too. Writing this team off. 3 games into the season. 3 !!!!

Young, but Talented, will get better.

The defense will get better, but I'm beginning to worry about the offense. Boeheim has had a number of stinky offensive teams in a row. Opposition coaches comment to the media about how easy our offensive sets are to identify. We don't run a lot of plays. We still rely a lot on offensive talent to make up for it. I guess he has to put in the defense first with an almost-new team, but we need to see more from the offense this year. We are way too predictable, and way too reliant on guys beating players with one-on-one effort as the basis of our offense.

CuseHulk said:
That 2007-2008 Team, would have been a lot better. Rautins got hurt during the summer, and then Devendorf went down just before conference play.

But if Andy didn't get hurt we have no 2010.

Devendorf blowing out his knee on as 50 point win against East Tennessee was just brutal.

JB's system needs great one on one players. This team has none. I see athletes, but I don't see highly skilled baskeball players.

I've been saying for years that there are multiple facets to a "talented" player: "athletically gifted," "fundamentally skilled," and "tactically developed." The team possesses players that have athleticism, but these young men generally lack mastered fundamentals on both ends of the court at this time. Moreover, it's obvious that many of the key players are still learning their responsibilities in the offensive and defensive systems, leading to mistakes and breakdowns.

The good news is that, with hard work, these athletic players can develop their fundamentals and their knowledge of the game. Whether or not that will come together this season remains to be seen. It's definitely possible. It's also possible that the fruits of their development may not ripen until next season.

Unfortunately, some of these players may never reach their potential, or they may do so only after leaving Syracuse. Let's hope this is not the case.

This very same team spanked the same opponents in the same fashion as Cal.

They were shell shocked by the level of resistance, & they simply went into street ball mode. You can't win that way in college ball, & they learned this the hard way.

They might even lose to Iowa, but I don't expect them to lose like this anymore this season. I am quite sure JB sat 'em down in the locker room & told them to leave the concrete courts to your childhood buddies back home.

Basketball is truly a basic game: Find the open man with the best chance of scoring.

Last night, they tossed the basics for ME ball...

I think people make the problem more complex than it is. This team's problem is that no one has yet shown a consistent ability to put the ball in the basket.....good clean opportunity or not.

That 2007-2008 Team, would have been a lot better. Rautins got hurt during the summer, and then Devendorf went down just before conference play.

They were 6-3 and an awful team when Devendorf got hurt.

That made them worse, of course, but that was already the worst team of the new century.

... I have seen enough the past few years where I am starting to be mildly concerned about the ability of the team/staff to score points on good teams. I don't know enough to tell if it's the parts or X's & O's, but, something has to change. Even last year towards the end of the season it looked like tonight in terms of no clue what to do on offense. Looking forward to Iowa!

The defense will get better, but I'm beginning to worry about the offense. Boeheim has had a number of stinky offensive teams in a row. Opposition coaches comment to the media about how easy our offensive sets are to identify. We don't run a lot of plays. We still rely a lot on offensive talent to make up for it. I guess he has to put in the defense first with an almost-new team, but we need to see more from the offense this year. We are way too predictable, and way too reliant on guys beating players with one-on-one effort as the basis of our offense.

Have to agree.

If great coaches get their preferred recruits for three seasons in a row and the team can't score, whose fault is that?

DC2 will be an interesting question. If we have a mediocre season and DC2 doesn't every make it back and CMAC doesn't show enough to leave early...what do you do or not do to find room for Bryant?

I'm sure DC2 is a great kid but as like you I also hope there's room for Bryant. But CMAC will probably be one-and-done so it's not worth worrying about. Besides we will probably lose the scholarship anyway because of the "investigation".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom