Gassed at the end... | Syracusefan.com

Gassed at the end...

corpjet

Board Prophet
How else can you describe the slaughtering in the last 10 minutes of the last 2 games?

The lack of the big man which has been talked about ad nausea is the other nail in the coffin.

What changes when JB comes back?

How else can you describe the slaughtering in the last 10 minutes of the last 2 games?

The lack of the big man which has been talked about ad nausea is the other nail in the coffin.

We won't be starting conference play with 2 on the road. I will not get off of this. Not fair. Thanks a lot ACC

Get some home cooking and get things stabilized. We could have won both games.

We aren't a good basketball team, other than actually call timeouts, and do some yelling, not much.

Howard isn't sick anymore?

We aren't a good basketball team, other than actually call timeouts, and do some yelling, not much.
Easy to grade SU players today. Richardson an A. Lydon maybe a B. Cooney an F. Coleman an F. Gbinije an F. Roberson an F. Not a grade low enough for Joseph. My prediction is 6-12 in the ACC.

Unfortunately I think there are more problems than his flu...ugh, is it time for DinoBall in the Dome yet?

But that's the only thing that changes when JB comes back.

We still have all the same flaws that we've had all season. :(

Sucks that Diagne wasn't ruled ineligible until September.

Sucks that Bryant had Mommy issues and wanted to attend school 750 miles from Rochester (instead of 75 miles from Rochester).

Sucks that DC will probably never reach his potential.

On any other team Chino would make a good 11/12th man ... but he's now an 8/9.

Nothing we can do. Life's a soup sandwich, and it's our turn to take a bite. :bang:

brian williams said:
The lack of a true point guard really hurt today.

It's going to hurt us the rest of the year.

This team might be more mentally gassed then physically with Atlantis, then playing Wisconsin on a wednesday, then Georgetown and ST. Johns on the road. Playing 2 on the road to start conference play with a young team is not gonna help.

And then we finish with 2 on the road in conference play. How does this happen.

Out starting backcourt is like 50 years old combined.

In the final five minutes of the previous two games we were outscored by a total of 34-11
Pitt: 14-4
Mia: 20-7

Hard to believe

But that's the only thing that changes when JB comes back.

We still have all the same flaws that we've had all season. :(

Sucks that DC will probably never reach his potential.

Sadly, I think the thing that changes the most is that the bench will continue to grow shorter when JB comes back. Maybe that's why Hop is using so many subs - he knows JB won't so he's trying to get Cooney and G a couple minutes here and there to help with the end of the season.

Sadly, I think the thing that changes the most is that the bench will continue to grow shorter when JB comes back. Maybe that's why Hop is using so many subs - he knows JB won't so he's trying to get Cooney and G a couple minutes here and there to help with the end of the season.
Bleh.

Howard will play, simply because KJ shouldn't.

Agreed. But for few minutes. Dc will go back to 8-10 minutes a game, and our other big (terrible with his name) won't see the court again.

Easy to grade SU players today. Richardson an A. Lydon maybe a B. Cooney an F. Coleman an F. Gbinije an F. Roberson an F. Not a grade low enough for Joseph. My prediction is 6-12 in the ACC.
cooney is better off the bench--

Why won't he just go 40/40 (or about that) with G and Cooney? What gives you any reason to believe he'll give Howard real minutes in the backcourt rotation?

Unfortunately I think there are more problems than his flu...ugh, is it time for DinoBall in the Dome yet?

Ugh, I know. Really hoping it is just short-term illness. If KJ played today because of some pending life without Frankie issue, then just shoot me now.

i've used this analogy several times before but if you watch nascar you know the fastest car doesn't always win. fresh tires and good pit strategy will run down and overtake a superior competitor. and frankly we don't use our bench (pit) wisely.

We won't be starting conference play with 2 on the road. I will not get off of this. Not fair. Thanks a lot ACC

Yes we could've. Good teams win those. I knew we were in trouble early on in the Miami game when we were stuck on 20 pts doing nothing on offense (neither was Miami). The lead was then pissed away rather quickly and they got themselves in trouble every way possible.

i've used this analogy several times before but if you watch nascar you know the fastest car doesn't always win. fresh tires and good pit strategy will run down and overtake a superior competitor. and frankly we don't use our bench (pit) wisely.
We only have one tire on the bench and its a little low on air

It's funny you think the ACC will do SU any favors...ever.

Agree our bench may not be filled with McDonalds All Americans but a fresh body thats eager to play has value over a worn out starter...

We fell apart at the end due to ball pressure not due to being tired.
Against Pitt the offense stopped scoring and Pitt was hitting everything and getting the offensive board on misses late.
Had nothing to do with being tired.

It's funny you think the ACC will do SU any favors...ever.

My co worker says this all the time, and i have begun to live my life as such. Then Sometimes you gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.

No we are not a ACC Blue Blood like Duke, or North Carolina. But the ACC got on their knees and begged us to come. They wanted us. So better start showing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom