Gbinije knows how it works | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije knows how it works

Is that going to be an issue for him? Wonder if there will be repercussions.

CuseFaninVT said:

Reprimand at worst, if even that.

CuseFaninVT said:

Of course it will be. You can't call out officials.

Any idiot can see it. Syracuse gets hosed on foul calls.

Twice on inbound passes angel had two hands on gbinije.
The Joseph three point play late the guy had two hands on him.
Any time they reached in it was called a steal any time we reached it was whistled a reach in.
I was breaking stuff after the game, nearly put a hole in my wall.
How is it the less aggressive defensive team shoots 1/3 of the foul shots as the more aggressive defense, especially when they pound it inside alot?

In the end Gbinije said I don't think we deserved to win anyway, nothing to see here.

turnovers though we didn't just turn them over but they turned them into 2 points or foul shots every time.

Yes, agree about the officiating but the line that stuck with me was: "Michael Gbinije played the worst game of his Syracuse career on Saturday."

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about G. I wondered at times if he was not well or had his mind on something besides the game. He made mistakes that anyone else on the team would have been skewered for.

The concern for me is that the Pitt game was not one of his best either. He was a marked man by the defense but given that, he stilled played below his ability the last two games.

Yes, agree about the officiating but the line that stuck with me was: "Michael Gbinije played the worst game of his Syracuse career on Saturday."

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about G. I wondered at times if he was not well or had his mind on something besides the game. He made mistakes that anyone else on the team would have been skewered for.

The concern for me is that the Pitt game was not one of his best either. He was a marked man by the defense but given that, he stilled played below his ability the last two games.
He's had a rough two games shooting the ball after being remarkably consistent and good up until that point. He's trying to facilitate the offense from the point, but also knows this team needs him to put up points to be successful since Roberson and Coleman are so inconsistent offensively, and Lydon seems to be growing increasingly reluctant to shoot. It has to be a tough position to be in, and the result lately has been poor shot selection on his part and some questionable decision-making with ball.

Maybe G is frustrated bc Hop isn't saying anything so he felt like he had to... It's the coaches job and Hop isn't saying anything. Almost like he is scared to make them mad

Maybe G is frustrated bc Hop isn't saying anything so he felt like he had to... It's the coaches job and Hop isn't saying anything. Almost like he is scared to make them mad
Damn that Hop, I just knew he was losing the locker room...

He's right. This crap has been going on for years though, every time we play Louisville and Pitt. "Aggressive" teams basically have license to foul. The officiating in college hoops is atrocious. The whole sport is a joke.

Any idiot can see it. Syracuse gets hosed on foul calls.

Twice on inbound passes angel had two hands on gbinije.
The Joseph three point play late the guy had two hands on him.
Any time they reached in it was called a steal any time we reached it was whistled a reach in.
I was breaking stuff after the game, nearly put a hole in my wall.
How is it the less aggressive defensive team shoots 1/3 of the foul shots as the more aggressive defense, especially when they pound it inside alot?

In the end Gbinije said I don't think we deserved to win anyway, nothing to see here.

turnovers though we didn't just turn them over but they turned them into 2 points or foul shots every time.

Yeah, a few of those "steals" were shocking. The one on G where they blitzkrieged his arm and leg to get to the ball, with no call, was particularly stunning. The only thing he didn't do was punch him to get the ball on that double team.

There were a bunch like that where the contact was ridiculously obvious...but we got called for a ton of those.

I thought the Pitt game for the most part was officiated fine, but yesterday really was horrendous. Miami was all over the ballhandler no matter who it was, Rodriguez should have fouled out 10 minutes in.

Look at the free throw disparity. We were called for EVERYTHING, especially last 5 minutes of the game. Granted, we were desperate then and perhaps deserved the foul calls but the disparity is glaring.

I thought the Pitt game for the most part was officiated fine, but yesterday really was horrendous. Miami was all over the ballhandler no matter who it was, Rodriguez should have fouled out 10 minutes in.
I still want to know how Chino got called for a block...

The phantom calls were in full force yesterday. From the players perspective it's got to be incredibly frustrating to see your lead evaporate while coupled by officiating which emasculates your defense while at the same time sanctions complete license for the opposing team to foul without any scrutiny.

I don't think he'll be reprimanded. He was basically just relaying what happened between him and the ref.

The refs should have repercussions, for sure.

I think G was just stating facts. Anyone that watched the game clearly saw that. 1 of the times that COleman airballed a layup he was bodied up in a clear foul, no call. immediately on the other side of the court 275 lb coleman goes against a much smaller player who easily makes a layup with little contest and Coleman gets called for the touch foul.

also... can someone please explain how silent G clearly shot a 3 and was fouled but only got 2 shots? How did Hop not argue it?

Thought the same thing. I went back and watched it twice.

Hmm I missed that...surprised G didn't say anything (or Hop for that matter)

as soon as
also... can someone please explain how silent G clearly shot a 3 and was fouled but only got 2 shots? How did Hop not argue it?

as soon as they ran up the court after the SECOND shot, i immediately called the OP to see if I missed something because I was drunk...apparently, the officiating crew drank more than I did

yep, was going to post about this too - and I love that Cremins and the other dude were too busy talking about whatever to take notice or comment

Hop hasn't worked the officials at all. I know he's in a tough spot, but he needs to let the stripes know he's paying attention.

Hmm I missed that...surprised G didn't say anything (or Hop for that matter)
Hop is a shrinking violet on the bench when it comes to the refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom