Gbinije knows how it works | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije knows how it works

Hop hasn't worked the officials at all. I know he's in a tough spot, but he needs to let the stripes know he's paying attention.
Yeah, as an interim head coach he really should be concentrating on working the officials instead of actually trying to coach his team.

Yeah, as an interim head coach he really should be concentrating on working the officials instead of actually trying to coach his team.

It's not the most important thing, but it is part of the game. All the great ones do it.

Every basketball game ever played the losing team complains about the referees.

whether you won or lost, if you have a shot that is OWED to you taken AWAY from you, you have EVERY right to complain...apparently the refs can just change the RULES OF THE ING GAME on the fly

Hop is a shrinking violet on the bench when it comes to the refs.

I'm hoping the new AD told Hopkins the deal you guys made was with Gross, not with me.

How about rodriguez raping across colemans arms very late in the game after a rb yet no call. Not that i wanted coleman to shoot ft's but the refs were poor. It continues to be the case that "they cant call them all." That crew couldnt even call most.

There is no reason to handcheck and play physical 40 feet from the basket.
Cost Joseph and Malachi late one or twice. Slap at the ball with the offhand with one hand on the guy should be a two handed handcheck or a reach in every time. Should be a rule no hands on the guy to reach in outside the three point line. The guy had one hand on Josephs back and reached all the way across josephs back and stomach from behind to attempt to steal the ball how is that not a two handed handcheck or a reach in? Especially when you aren't in a 2 man trap as Joseph wasn't.

Malachi was beat by a double from a senior team hes a fresh it happens.Either beat the double before its established or let it establish and pass it dribble away. The worse thing you can do is dribble into the defender as he is flying at you for the trap.

The one that made me mad was Gbinije getting stuffed from behind though. Especially when you are down. ugh. Lit me up like a christmas tree. 5 point swing.

Truth is teams get away with fouls against Syracuse that they won't against other teams it really does happen.
Cheers to Gbinije for voicing alittle frustration sometimes. "I got your back your only down 10 with a minute left." really.

Last edited:

if you dont think he should work the officials a bit more after yesterday... I dont know what to tell ya.

And at least argue for the extra FT. How did they not even go to the video for that? I believe the FT's were even after a TV TO, but don't quote me on that. I was too busy being ticked off at the refs for missing a clear 3 point shot.

if you dont think he should work the officials a bit more after yesterday... I dont know what to tell ya.

And at least argue for the extra FT. How did they not even go to the video for that? I believe the FT's were even after a TV TO, but don't quote me on that. I was too busy being ticked off at the refs for missing a clear 3 point shot.
Short of sitting on the bench next to Hop, how am I supposed to know what he said to the officials during the game? I'll pay closer attention to him Tuesday as I watch from my living room.

Thank you guys for finally validating what I saw. I was going nuts everytime they tackled us and "stole" the ball while we got called for touch fouls. All three of our bigs got called for simply standing straight up at least once each. While G doesn't handle pressure as well as a true pg (he's made plenty of poor decisions at the ends of games), he didn't sign up for rugby. The Rodriguez kid got away with murder.

Why is there no mention of this in any of the post game articles I've read? To me it seemed like the deciding factor. Rebounds even, both teams shot poorly, but huge discrepancy at the line. Officiating must be questioned.

This game reminded me of the last BE tournament. We had a great team that year and we had the momentum until Louisville starting fouling our guards all the way up the court.

Yes, agree about the officiating but the line that stuck with me was: "Michael Gbinije played the worst game of his Syracuse career on Saturday."

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about G. I wondered at times if he was not well or had his mind on something besides the game. He made mistakes that anyone else on the team would have been skewered for.

The concern for me is that the Pitt game was not one of his best either. He was a marked man by the defense but given that, he stilled played below his ability the last two games.

Has his wrist been taped all year? I only noticed it the last few games. As for crying about calls...make a FT and I'll start worrying. IMHO DC is getting the most unfair treatment from the stripes thus far. He gets hit every play but since he's below the rim it seems they let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom