Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije

Hoot

Walk On
Haven't seen any mention of 'G'. Without his 7 points in the 1st half we would have been half toasted. I mean we only put up 24. He also had 4 rbs in 22 minutes, our high was 5. The one where he went to the corner like a starved junkyard dog dove for it and passed it for a break was a thing of beauty. We need more of that.

Aside from that, he's in the lead for my one liner of the year. Just before going to Hawaii he was interviewed by Donna. She asked how they were going to handle playing three games in three days. He got a little smirk on his face and said: "We're going to have to eat our vegetables and drink our milk for sure." I guess you had to be there, but it cracked me up.

Haven't seen any mention of 'G'. Without his 7 points in the 1st half we would have been half toasted. I mean we only put up 24. He also had 4 rbs in 22 minutes, our high was 5. The one where he went to the corner like a starved junkyard dog dove for it and passed it for a break was a thing of beauty. We need more of that.

Aside from that, he's in the lead for my one liner of the year. Just before going to Hawaii he was interviewed by Donna. She asked how they were going to handle playing three games in three days. He got a little smirk on his face and said: "We're going to have to eat our vegetables and drink our milk for sure." I guess you had to be there, but it cracked me up.

There was a thread last night labeling Gbinije the unsung hero.

He provided great minutes last night when we were shorthanded, and really came through offensively in a game where we needed every single point.

Hats of to Michael!

best game of his Syracuse career

CJ and Tyler are getting well deserved accolades, but the reality is that it was all hands on deck and everyone contributed key plays

for example, Grant's rebound with about a minute left that led to CJ's jumper pulling us within one; on the next Pitt possession, Cooney snags a rebound and makes a quick outlet to Tyler leading to the go ahead free throws.

G is currently shooting 47% from long distance. Only 23 attempts, but he has made 11 of them.

His aggression tonight was fantastic. He's just very active. I said it before, I'll say it again-- X factor.

The ability to play the 1, 2, and 3, pending foul trouble/personnel makes him an incredibly useful utility.

This thread is a great example of JB's success the last five years. The combination of 1 and 2 done guys because of the need for top-shelf talent and mixed in with the top 75-125 guys that will either be a great 4 year player (Andy, CJ, James S, Rich J) or real solid role players (Baye, Gbin, Scoop, etc).

Is this year's class a microcosm?

Ennis - 1 or 2 year star.
Roberson 2-3 year player, with 1 or 2 years great play?
BJ - CJ Fair high end of role player?
Patterson and Chin - solid mins, role player?

G is currently shooting 47% from long distance. Only 23 attempts, but he has made 11 of them.

His aggression tonight was fantastic. He's just very active. I said it before, I'll say it again-- X factor.

The ability to play the 1, 2, and 3, pending foul trouble/personnel makes him an incredibly useful utility.
Bingo, especially the last paragraph. I actually think at this stage in his career, he's best suited at the 3. But JB can't help but love having a 6'7" guy at the top of his zone. He's incredibly important, especially if Keita is out longer than expected.

Yesterday had some big time minutes by both G and Rak. Both played great, and I hope they continue to play as tough as they did at the Zoo. Those two are gonna need to be comfortable and confident next month

Yesterday had some big time minutes by both G and Rak. Both played great, and I hope they continue to play as tough as they did at the Zoo. Those two are gonna need to be comfortable and confident next month
Thats the major difference in Rak this year. You can tell like he knows he belongs. It's how he looked vs K-St and OSU in '12 spelling Fab

Loved me some KO. He wasn't afraid to mix it up with the thugs of the time, like Dajuan Blair, Greg Monroe, and Thabeet.
We never really had a guy like him in recent history. Glue guy, hustle , mix it up and could shoot. Hop, McCorkle, maybe, but KO could play on the backline and be effective.
This is why Tyler R needs to play until Baye is ready. I believe KO was basically the 9th man in an 8 man rotation, but because of injuries moved up the chain.
Didn't one game he get knocked out?
Its funny , I can remember 1983 better than 2008.

Thats the major difference in Rak this year. You can tell like he knows he belongs. It's how he looked vs K-St and OSU in '12 spelling Fab
Roc is probably arguably the second best center in the ACC right now (behind only Zanna)

We never really had a guy like him in recent history. Glue guy, hustle , mix it up and could shoot. Hop, McCorkle, maybe, but KO could play on the backline and be effective.
This is why Tyler R needs to play until Baye is ready. I believe KO was basically the 9th man in an 8 man rotation, but because of injuries moved up the chain.
Didn't one game he get knocked out?
Its funny , I can remember 1983 better than 2008.

I think in a game vs. Uconn, he got borderline tackled on a layup, possibly by Stanley Robinson. He hit the hoop/ground really hard, and was slow to get up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom