geez what is going on with NC St | Syracusefan.com

geez what is going on with NC St

orangefan13 said:
ncstate is top 7 of acc cuse,duke,unc,virgin,ville then ncstate/pitt imo
I'd take Miami over either NC state or Pitt.

Still think they're the 9th or 10th best in the ACC. Maybe worse. Gottfried is that bad, and they're too young still.

Still think they're the 9th or 10th best in the ACC. Maybe worse. Gottfried is that bad, and they're too young still.

One universal truth in every sport and every profession is DBag leadership doesn't work and usually ends badly.

NC State has the talent to be a top 3-4 ACC team this upcoming year.

Historically, NC State was one of the [nationally] prominent basketball programs in the old ACC along with Duke and UNC. They won two NCAA championships - 1974 ending UCLA's 7 year run and 1983 (Valvano vs. Phi Slama Jama). Looks like they may be coming back to that status like FSU football did. I don't expect them (or FSU) to win it all very frequently, but they will be tough competitors.

Last edited:
Historically, NC State was one of the prominent basketball programs in the old ACC along with Duke and UNC. They won two NCAA championships - 1974 ending UCLA's 7 year run and 1983 (Valvano vs. Phi Slama Jama). Looks like they may be coming back to that status like FSU football did. I don't expect them (or FSU) to win it all very frequently, but they will be tough competitors.
NC State looks like a mess to me in basketball. They are getting guys in, because everyone left. We will see if Gottfried can get the pieces to fit and be competitive. I don't see any evidence of a huge resurgence, where NC State will compete with the top teams in the ACC.

Does anyone know his record against JAB? Let's assume NCAA tournaments juussssttttt slightly more than normal.

He beat us in the 2004 Sweet 16 while coaching Alabama, and he 2-3 against Boeheim while at NC State. So the series is 3-3 overall.

I don't know about the coaching but they are in the ACC which should help any BB team to recruit players and in their case they do have a "name" in BB (beating LSU and Villanova to get to the Sweet 16 even a year ago) and two past NCAA titles to go with it unlike my "alma mater" (FSU), not to mention BC and Va Tech.

I would too, Nc state isn't top 7 good. I would also probably put Duke, Unc, and Lville ahead of us.

Almost every early preseason poll I've seen has UVA in the Top 10. You have us ahead of them?

Almost every early preseason poll I've seen has UVA in the Top 10. You have us ahead of them?
I know they'll be good (quality coaching). Fuentes is a great set-up guy who can hit the 3. But losing Anderson in 2015, then Gill and Tobey in '16 .. that was the nucleus of players that caused everyone fits. I don't see top 10, JMO.

they were in complete shambles about a month ago and now they're signing all these top 100 dudes - another one today
NC State gets commit from forward Ted Kapita
Its too bad for them Gottfried can't coach his way out of a paper bag.
This just reminded me of what was written about Lefty Driesell and the Twerps back in the day. In one newspaper (it might have even been their student paper, the Diamondhack), a writer said, "I have good news and bad news for Maryland basketball fans. The good news is Lefty Driesell has recruited another team for the University of Maryland. The bad news is he's also going to coach them."

I don't know about the coaching but they are in the ACC which should help any BB team to recruit players and in their case they do have a "name" in BB (beating LSU and Villanova to get to the Sweet 16 even a year ago) and two past NCAA titles to go with it unlike my "alma mater" (FSU), not to mention BC and Va Tech.

They are called nit state for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom