Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown

Is anyone going to the Verizon Center when SU plays Gerogetown on Dec 5th? Does anyone have a contact for tickets?

Georgetown-Hoyas1.gif
PissingMonkeySmiley.gif

I just got an email. Have to buy a 5 game ticket package

So hilarious. Of course we know they have been doing this for years, but it says so many things about their program. None of them are flattering if you are a Hoya fan.

So hilarious. Of course we know they have been doing this for years, but it says so many things about their program. None of them are flattering if you are a Hoya fan.
I hear what you are saying but this is not unusual at all at many universities. If you want decent seats, you need to take advantage of these packages and not wait for single seat time. You can always get a few bucks back on the other game on open market or Stubhub.

Is anyone going to the Verizon Center when SU plays Gerogetown on Dec 5th? Does anyone have a contact for tickets?

A lot of people are going and likely you're on your own. Georgetown people will put it on stubhub and the school will do everything possible to avoid a general sale of just this ticket like they did in the past.

Even donating through SU isn't that helpful in this case unless it's major, major bucks.

I will be there just heard today that I'm getting 4 tickets. All accounted for however.

Gonna try to go - anything to make my two-week-old a cuse fan an instead of Duke

I'm likely taking my 10 year old as it looks like my Dad may not be able to make it. She's finally taken an interest.

Buy them on the secondary market either from Stubhub or on the street in front of the arena.

I tried pricing it out last night with 4 awful games and Cuse. It still comes to about $100 per Ticket and that is in section 400. Not sure it includes the donation.

I'm not sure how my tickets are acquired. I'm guessing stubhub or something, using an expense account. They are usually decent but not great seats.

I hear what you are saying but this is not unusual at all at many universities. If you want decent seats, you need to take advantage of these packages and not wait for single seat time. You can always get a few bucks back on the other game on open market or Stubhub.

Yeah, but as I understand it - this isn't just for decent seats, it is for any seat. It's bush league.

I would check with a homeless shelter first before asking Syracuse fans

Do NOT buy any tickets to this game yet!!!
We've been down this road so many times.
First it's the 5-game pack.. then it's a 3-game pack.. then it's make a donation.
There WILL be tickets available with minimal or no strings attached.
They will NEVER fill that arena without thousands of us in Orange.
Just wait and don't even look at StubHub prices.. that is NOT the market yet (nor are any of the prices for Dome games)
Patience will pay off!!!

I thought that this issue was addressed before the Georgetown series was finalized? Are they breaking an agreement already?
http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...handle_ticketing_for_new_series_with_ora.html

this statement sounds like they pulled a fast one on Gross when agreeing to the series.

“As is standard in agreements such as these, the visiting team will receive an allotment of tickets and the home team will control the sale and distribution of all remaining tickets,” a Georgetown spokesman said via e-mail. “The visiting team and home team are free to sell/distribute their ticket allotments as they choose. Georgetown Athletics plans to continue its practice of providing priority access for tickets to those who buy multi-game plans or who support Georgetown Athletics.”

that being said, patience!!!!
There are 20k seats to fill and they will NOT fill them with the overpriced 5-game plan sales. Don't leap into one either with plans to resell, as Georgetown tickets ALWAYS sell for pennies on the dollar outside of Syracuse games!

I'll be there with a continent of 3 other guys. Planning on making it a weekend trip. Should be very fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom