Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown

In order to buy single game seats for the Cuse game, you either have to buy a 5 game "mini plan" - or be a Gtown athletics donor. As much as it pained me, I just paid the minimum donation amount of $50 (made mine to the Women's Golf Team), which allowed me to get up to 8 400-level tickets. Figure it's only a 6 buck charge per ticket - whatever.

My son purchased 2 tickets on Stubhub as a present the last time we played there. Great seats but we were interrogated by 2 Gtown admins telling us we were sitting in Georgetown fan seats not available to SU fans and asking how we obtained them. I was taken totally off guard but said that if what they said was true then Georgetown fans sold them on stubhub. They then asked for the white tshirts we had in our laps that were on the seats for their "white out". I handed them to them and told them with all the empty seats around us, SU fans who do attend games were the least of their problems. Horrible attitudes.

The whole thing they do to keep SU fans out is just sad. They don't have enough fan support to fill that place. I can understand offering the better seats to Gtown fans, students and alums first for a period of time but when you have to do the things they do to sell multiple tickets it speaks very poorly of the programs fan support.

I will be there with a few others. We are going to hit up stubhub next month. be patient.

To anyone making a donation to the Georgetown Athletics fund here is the plan:

1. Make the contribution to the men's basketball team, this should make you a booster.

2. Text all of their recruits offering riches and anything else you can think of if they attend G'town.

3. Alert the NCAA and turn over all of the evidence.

To anyone making a donation to the Georgetown Athletics fund here is the plan:

1. Make the contribution to the men's basketball team, this should make you a booster.

2. Text all of their recruits offering riches and anything else you can think of if they attend G'town.

3. Alert the NCAA and turn over all of the evidence.

That's actually not a bad idea.

That's actually not a bad idea.

You probably have to get them to accept the riches, so you'll probably need to just send them cash.

Let me give you my address....er I mean the GU basketball dorm address.

My son purchased 2 tickets on Stubhub as a present the last time we played there. Great seats but we were interrogated by 2 Gtown admins telling us we were sitting in Georgetown fan seats not available to SU fans and asking how we obtained them.

That's incredibly bizarre to me. You're an American and you purchased a ticket to a sporting event and you have the right to wear whatever color shirt you want.

That's incredibly bizarre to me. You're an American and you purchased a ticket to a sporting event and you have the right to wear whatever color shirt you want.

Apparently that is not the case. During the Stanley Cup Final games in Tampa Blackhawk apparel was not allowed in certain sections.

However, I agree with your original statement that if I pay hard earned dollars for a ticket I should be allowed to wear whatever I please so long is it passes decency laws.

In order to buy single game seats for the Cuse game, you either have to buy a 5 game "mini plan" - or be a Gtown athletics donor. As much as it pained me, I just paid the minimum donation amount of $50 (made mine to the Women's Golf Team), which allowed me to get up to 8 400-level tickets. Figure it's only a 6 buck charge per ticket - whatever.
I don't understand this (multiple game requirement). Last I heard, Gross had worked out a home/home series with GT that included a condition that SU had 5k seats without the petty GT/Verizon ticket nonsense.

Nunes posted an article on this: http://www.nunesmagician.com/2014/6...ckets-donations-series-rivalry-verizon-center

I hope she's right.
I PM'd her. But while I'm waiting to confirm it with her, I believe the new (2014) deal includes a substantial ticket allotment (well beyond the few hundred reserved for insiders as the minimum allotment).

If it was just the minimum allotment of 100-200, then the problem would not even have been addressed. I'm pretty sure it was.

That question has been asked since a Hoya appeared on our scheduler the first time. I believe that its a reunion of the Schitt family. Fulla,sackov , pieceov and a few other cousins too tired to remember at this time, It doesn't really matter because if they are related comes down to one thingSchitt =Hoya. John Thompson and the goons he put on the floor was a key component to building the Big East His comment after the last game at Manley puts him square in the middle of the Orange "hate list". He had one goon who I believe his name was Graham?" thats the only name I can think of because of the years distance in time.

Last edited:
As I predicted a few weeks ago, tickets to this game are now on sale through ticketmaster.
No strings attached... other than your normal ticketmaster fees.
The only seats available are in the 400s, and cost close to $70 each.
LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom