Georgia Tech now has an opening for 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech now has an opening for 2012

Southeastern Louisiana took no time to accept a trip to Mizzou instead.

That would be a nice schedule if we can get Temple at home.

H- Stony Brook, NW, Temple, UConn, Pitt, Louisville
R- Minn, RU, Cincy, USF, GA Tech
N- USC

That would be a nice schedule if we can get Temple at home.
Unless TGD obtained this concession from Providence, I wouldn't expect things to fall in to place so nicely. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice to have a home (for me) football game for once.

Southeastern Louisiana took no time to accept a trip to Mizzou instead.

I think the sentiment could be switched on this. Mizzou wasted no time getting SELA on their schedule.

Unless TGD obtained this concession from Providence, I wouldn't expect things to fall in to place so nicely. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice to have a home (for me) football game for once.

Yeah, almost seems like wishful thinking that we'd get any concession such as being on 4-3 home-away next year since we're both leaving, and we're supposed to be 3-4 next year (well, supposed to be 4-4 with TCU).

Have a feeling we're looking at dual 1AAs, which is in no way, shape or form helpful. Does nothing for the program whatsoever. If it does go that route, I'd even argue my $99 ticket is overpriced.

Have a feeling we're looking at dual 1AAs, which is in no way, shape or form helpful. Does nothing for the program whatsoever. If it does go that route, I'd even argue my $99 ticket is overpriced.

It would also be stupid. We'd be better off playing at an Alabama type team with no return asked for. Can only count 1 FCS game so we would need 6 of 11 for a bowl. Rather take my 1% chance with an Alabama type than the 0% of the 2nd FCS game counting towards our record.

It would also be stupid. We'd be better off playing at an Alabama type team with no return asked for. Can only count 1 FCS game so we would need 6 of 11 for a bowl. Rather take my 1% chance with an Alabama type than the 0% of the 2nd FCS game counting towards our record.

Yep, completely agree.

If we played an Oklahoma in 2010 instead of Maine, we would have been 6-6 and playing in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I think the sentiment could be switched on this. Mizzou wasted no time getting SELA on their schedule.
That's what I said: "Southeastern Louisiana took no time to accept a trip to Mizzou instead." You can only accept something that was offered. Mizzou offered SELA the game as soon as it was clear that their GA Tech game was off, if not sooner.

With ACC membership, your wish has been granted.
most acc teams hate playing ga tech, so I'd love to see how we stack up to the gimmick offense.