Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts

Charles Pride could have helped us. 12/6 an Bonnie. 40% from 3. Not saying he had any interest, but we should have. He's a tough kid.

Aaaand MLAX loses to finish off the trifecta for a terrible day to be an SU fan..

No other way to parse it, a brutal & deflating loss coming off of the best win/best played game of the entire season... It's one thing to get out rebounded, it's another to be absolutely brutalized & soul-crushed with possession after possession strung together by offensive rebounds. That was what GT did to the Orange tonight. Frustrating. Would have liked to see Red run something different on D when it was clear we couldn't rebound out of the zone with that personnel.

I just can't with Taylor... I said tongue-in-cheek a month or two ago that there should be a Vegas prop bet on Taylor just horrendously airballing a 3 at least once a game. Unfortunately it's a reality, again tonight with that weird release/hitch that seemingly has no control on the ball when it leaves his hand. He muscled up ONE TIME & took it into the paint & got a bucket. Followed up with two or three more missed 3's from the perimeter. You're open for a reason, bro. I don't care about any coach speak on shooting "good" open shots, it's stunning how poor it looks. I was genuinely getting angry when he kept hoisting.

When Bell is locked in & focused, he is a major piece of this team. When he's not... well, he's not not. You can tell almost right away by his body language how it's going to go. He was rushing his shot so much that he lost his form. That catch & shoot corner 3 without loading it up at all looked like a shot you'd take as a joke in a shoot around, I couldn't believe it was real. He almost blew the hinges off the side of the rim. It was essentially a turnover.

Copeland is what he is... but has he forgotten he has a left hand? I've seen him finish with his left on occasion... but when he's driving left in the lane & under pressure, he's using his right hand no matter what & it gets ugly, like off the bottom of the backboard spinning english ugly.

I could say lots more... but it'd just be venting.

Bummed out by this one big time.

A quick antidote: SU 8 Maryland 7 with 1:29 to go in third on ESPN+ (lax)

Well, that may not have made you feel better, (we lost 11-12 in OT after we'd led 11-9: an SU goal in OT was disallowed because the guy fell into the crease). But it should. SU proved it belonged with one of the top teams in the country and the lax season has a great deal of promise - a lot more than SU BB does.

i could see Maliq Leaving sadly. He’s the 5 next year too wirh Freeman coming in. Unless one of them is OK coming off the bench. doubt Donnie could play the 3
Me too

I'm just sick of seeing the players crying to the officials on seemingly every position. Mintz almost got wiped out jawing to the officials and not seeing that he was about to run into a GT player. Would have been fitting.
It occurs to me that this team plays like we all act in a game thread. They overreact to every perceived poor call and every good and bad moment during the game. It is amazing how undisciplined this team is. I cannot understand how the coaching staff has allowed it all year, but I guess you can't dismiss everyone.

It occurs to me that this team plays like we all act in a game thread. They overreact to every perceived poor call and every good and bad moment during the game. It is amazing how undisciplined this team is. I cannot understand how the coaching staff has allowed it all year, but I guess you can't dismiss everyone.
I have been told by someone who would know, that the league refs are sick of our act. Other teams don't whine like we do.

This is what happens when you have 9 Sophs or whatever it is

I have been told by someone who would know, that the league refs are sick of our act. Other teams don't whine like we do.
I wondered about that during the game. Amazing that we weren't called for any technicals.

I’d keep 4 guys on this roster next year. Brown, Cuffe, JJ and Westry. The rest to go

Yup I am iffy on Cuffe but we need solid bench pieces. Those 4 with Freeman and Moore and 2-3 starters from the portal. We need some upperclassmen and leaders.

I got to say, I don’t know what to think of Judah.

Bc at this point, the tourney is out of the picture, Judah has slid off of all draft boards and with Givony’s rankings, he’s not close to being a draft pick. And, again, this is the worst draft since 2013. If he stays another year, 2025, at least now, is considered better.

He had one assist tonight. 14 points on 15 FGAs.

There is a lot of blame to go around, but Judah was supposed to be the man. And he may have enough aggregate stats to warrant all conference or whatever, but he has to elevate the team and it’s not close to happening.

Again, I know tonight was awful and blame goes all around, but Judah has been really disappointing and inconsistent.
I know exactly what to think. He isn't a winning basketball player and never will be in college. I don't care where he goes but I don't want him on my team next season.

The problem, we don't know what players we can get in the portal. We don't have the same buzz we did years back.
We will be ok. He will keep Patterson (and prob Naheem) so that will be 6, plus freeman and Moore. We can easily get 5. We got 5 this year.

How do you expect to win when you can’t shoot or rebound? Two pretty important parts in a game. How we stayed this close is more an indictment of GT.

We will be ok. He will keep Patterson (and prob Naheem) so that will be 6, plus freeman and Moore. We can easily get 5. We got 5 this year.
Question is how good will those 4-5 be? We need legit contributors. I wish we would’ve gotten that kid from George Mason that went to Providence.

I know exactly what to think. He isn't a winning basketball player and never will be in college. I don't care where he goes but I don't want him on my team next season.
I do. He is playing with a number of guys that can't help him win. With the proper help, he can be a solid guy on a winning team. He just isn't good enough to carry a team. And looking around at the bunch he is playing with, he believes he has to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom