Gerg back at Texas | Syracusefan.com

Gerg back at Texas

A football analyst in the personnel department? Say what?

Coaching is truly a disgraceful industry, detached from any notion of meritocracy at the low end. It's all who you know.

I used to think the NBA was the worst in this regard, but Texas is making a strong play to make college football #1.

Texas is filled with morons and now they have one more.:crazy:
Ouch, I can't think of a state I would rather live less in than California. Well maybe a few but California is right there

Robinson ruined the Syracuse football program and we still have not recovered... Hope he rots in hell, got paid millions to suck, I would have had some respect for him if he had resigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funny as it only mentions Texas former D.C. and not former Syracuse head coach. I guess somebody left something very important out.

BTIW ...he is a very nice guy and wish him the best

funny as it only mentions Texas former D.C. and not former Syracuse head coach. I guess somebody left something very important out.

BTIW ...he is a very nice guy and wish him the best

I'm with you--he was a class act in every way off the field.

On the field he was an unmitigated disaster, who collected millions of dollars for unprecedented ineptitude. Period.

The guy did his best. The hatred for him over the results of games which had zero impact on our lives continues to befuddle me.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think most SU fans hate him personally

He was definitely a disaster, but I am not sure what coach, short of Lombardi, could have come in and had much more success. Fan support was dwindling P's last few years. Nearly everyone was calling for his firing, but no one had a better solution. A lot of people point to Ray Rice backing out of his commitment as the downfall of SU football, but according to most recruiting rating services (which I recognize as complete BS) Robinson got "better" commitments in his tenure than Rice. In fact some of Doug's success was also built on Robinson recruits.

I think Greg Robinson was too eager to get a head coaching gig and jumped at the first opportunity. Had he done more research he may have been like a few others who said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Don't misinterpret this post as me claiming Robinson was anything but a complete failure at SU, but I do think he walked into a shitty situation and despite his best efforts couldn't change it.

He was definitely a disaster, but I am not sure what coach, short of Lombardi, could have come in and had much more success. Fan support was dwindling P's last few years. Nearly everyone was calling for his firing, but no one had a better solution. A lot of people point to Ray Rice backing out of his commitment as the downfall of SU football, but according to most recruiting rating services (which I recognize as complete BS) Robinson got "better" commitments in his tenure than Rice. In fact some of Doug's success was also built on Robinson recruits.

I think Greg Robinson was too eager to get a head coaching gig and jumped at the first opportunity. Had he done more research he may have been like a few others who said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Don't misinterpret this post as me claiming Robinson was anything but a complete failure at SU, but I do think he walked into a shitty situation and despite his best efforts couldn't change it.

That's putting way too much positive spin on his tenure. He is a nice guy, but he was an awful coach. The fact that he got better commitments and had the worst four-year period in SU football history says even more about his ineptitude.

Just nuke this thread and the negative vibe that comes with it. Rehashing the unmitigated disaster that was the pre-Marrone regime serves no useful purpose at this point.

Let's get back to enjoying the fact that there is at least a small bit of concern amongst the Clemson faithful about their trip north. And while we're at it, somebody post something quick about State Penn's QB situation that will give us all hope for August 31.

And finally, give a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty to whomever started this thread in He Who Shall Not Be Named.

I agree he was a disaster, but the other thing is that SU went on a bad streak of 6-8 years of our best player being injured or out almost every year, starting with Walter Reyes.