Gerg back at Texas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gerg back at Texas

A football analyst in the personnel department? Say what?

Yeah, what the heck does that mean? First of all, the football program has a personnel department? Do the Longhorns have scouts then? And I thought we were making a jump up to the big leagues by hiring Eric White to tweet recruits. We're still way behind, apparently. Secondly, these kinds of hires are more evidence of the professionalization of amateur sports, which isn't good for anyone--especially for the schools.

Yeah, what the heck does that mean? First of all, the football program has a personnel department? Do the Longhorns have scouts then? And I thought we were making a jump up to the big leagues by hiring Eric White to tweet recruits. We're still way behind, apparently. Secondly, these kinds of hires are more evidence of the professionalization of amateur sports, which isn't good for anyone--especially for the schools.

I am going to guess Greg was hired to work on the Longhorn Network. Likable guy. I wish him the best in his new career.

I've come around to thinking of Robinson like that screwed up family member you can't completely leave out in the cold because they are family after all, but as soon as you hear what they're up to you just kind of chuckle and shake your head and hope that this time it works out, even though you know the next time the family gets together there will be a new story about how it was a train wreck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I get it now, Texas needed someone to motivate their players so they brought Gregger back in to read "The Little Engine That could" every day.

A football analyst in the personnel department? Say what?

Look man, someone has to figure which stuffed animals to use in certain gameday situations. It ain't easy.

With that said, GRob was a great guy off the field, as was his wife and family. I wish him the best in all seriousness.

However, he was WAY over his head at SU and I do not blame him for getting paid as a HC. I blame the person who brought him here. FAIL.

For the record, GRob has two Super Bowl rings as a defensive coordinator. He just wasn't meant to be a head coach, that's all.

For the record, GRob has two Super Bowl rings as a defensive coordinator. He just wasn't meant to be a head coach, that's all.

He also had the benefit of John Elway and Terrell Davis on those teams. As a diehard Broncos fan, their Superbowl winning years had much more to do with an unstoppable offense than it did with a stellar defense, not withstanding the '98 playoff run when the D played very well.

He also had the benefit of John Elway and Terrell Davis on those teams. As a diehard Broncos fan, their Superbowl winning years had to much more to do with an unstoppable offense than it did with a stellar defense, not withstanding the '98 playoff run when the D played very well.

That's why I don't give Jim Boeheim any credit for winning the national championship in 2003. He had Carmelo Anthony, who by all rights should have gone straight to the NBA, as well as Hakim Warrick, a freakish athlete who eventually went on to have an NBA career. So really, any coach could have won with that type of talent.

I'll never forget the insightful poster on this board who followed Denver during the GRob era.

When the announcement was made that Robinson was under consideration for the Syracuse job he simply said, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

That's why I don't give Jim Boeheim any credit for winning the national championship in 2003. He had Carmelo Anthony, who by all rights should have gone straight to the NBA, as well as Hakim Warrick, a freakish athlete who eventually went on to have an NBA career. So really, any coach could have won with that type of talent.

Where did I say Mike Shanahan didn't deserve any credit ;)

I'll never forget the insightful poster on this board who followed Denver during the GRob era.

When the announcement was made that Robinson was under consideration for the Syracuse job he simply said, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

That was probably me :)

For a second, I thought you were calling me a douche.

Gah, you responded to quick. I changed my response after I came up with something witty.

Gerg is going to analyze childrens books to be read to the team before games

:rolling:

The guy did his best. The hatred for him over the results of games which had zero impact on our lives continues to befuddle me.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Hate is a strong word. But I can't see how anyone who watched the utter debacle that was the SU-Penn State game the weekend of The Express premiere couldn't have intense dislike for him. He didn't just do poorly, he armageddoned a program through total ineptitude.

Hate is a strong word. But I can't see how anyone who watched the utter debacle that was the SU-Penn State game the weekend of The Express premiere couldn't have intense dislike for him. He didn't just do poorly, he armageddoned a program through total ineptitude.
Its just football. Its a game. We shouldn't like or dislike anyone involved. None of it means squat.

The guy did his best. The hatred for him over the results of games which had zero impact on our lives continues to befuddle me.

The games had an effect on my life I am an Orange fan, fan is short for fanatic if your teams play doesn't effect your life then you are not a fan
Oh Lord

Its just football. Its a game. We shouldn't like or dislike anyone involved. None of it means squat.

I get your point, and generally speaking I'm a "it's just a game" guy myself.

But SU football is something that I really enjoy, and GRob basically destroyed it. If he had a few, say, 4-8 years with a few positive occurrences then it'd be different. But the guy was just grossly incompetent at running a program and it completely sucked every last shred of enjoyment I had from something that I had spent 2+ decades enjoying.

So yeah, he royally pissed me off, even though it's just a game.

I get your point, and generally speaking I'm a "it's just a game" guy myself.

But SU football is something that I really enjoy, and GRob basically destroyed it. If he had a few, say, 4-8 years with a few positive occurrences then it'd be different. But the guy was just grossly incompetent at running a program and it completely sucked every last shred of enjoyment I had from something that I had spent 2+ decades enjoying.

So yeah, he royally pissed me off, even though it's just a game.

Member when we were "turning it around" after we beat nationally ranked Louisville?

That was a fun week.