Get ready for a screw job on Thursday... | Syracusefan.com

Get ready for a screw job on Thursday...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
IU called for 4 fouls in the 2nd half. How is that even possible? Especially since Oladipo was mugging Wyatt off the ball on every possession to keep him from getting the ball.

The BS call on the Wyatt steal toward the end sealed Temple's fate

I thought the refs were bad, but Temple blew it on their own. That Wyatt call on the Oladipo steal was a good call, he totally body checked him.

Hopefully we'll have a different officiating crew. I would think the NCAA wouldn't allow you to see the same crew twice in the same tourney, in the event there was carry-over from a controversial call (like Iowa St getting jobbed).

After last year against OSU, I have no faith in the NCAA tourney "preferred storyline agenda" refs.

They will lead with the "NCAA violation" story again, followed by some crap calls to get IU ahead.

The clock management on the last possession when Temple was down one was nothing short of embarrassing. You wait until there is ten on the shot clock and call a time out? Really? Awful. At that point, you may as well let them play it out. Why not call the time out when they get the ball over half court and set the play up? So dumb.

Wyatt definitely fouled him and it was right after he took a terrible shot when he had a clear driving lane. Temple blew the game, not he refs.

I feel like I'm straddling the fence but I don't know why it always has to be "CBS/Refs rigged it" vs "the calls were fine". I don't think the refs or Jim Nantz cares that much and I do think Temple blew it. But I think we all watch enough college hoops to know why homecourt is important. When you have homecourt you get the borderline calls - especially the block/charges and especially when you're behind (I honestly think the Craft play is called a block if ISU was losing instead of up 1). When Zeller misses a couple shots and rightfully doesn't get a call the crowd boo's and it gets inside the refs/announcers head that IU needs to get the next call, and they have the audacity to give a Bronx cheer on the next Temple foul when IU has 1 foul in 15 minutes. Maybe the sport needs mentally tougher refs and maybe it's human nature; it's just what it is.

I am rambling now. Point is we need to fill DC with as much orange as possible.

I feel like I'm straddling the fence but I don't know why it always has to be "CBS/Refs rigged it" vs "the calls were fine". I don't think the refs or Jim Nantz cares that much and I do think Temple blew it. But I think we all watch enough college hoops to know why homecourt is important. When you have homecourt you get the borderline calls - especially the block/charges and especially when you're behind (I honestly think the Craft play is called a block if ISU was losing instead of up 1). When Zeller misses a couple shots and rightfully doesn't get a call the crowd boo's and it gets inside the refs/announcers head that IU needs to get the next call, and they have the audacity to give a Bronx cheer on the next Temple foul when IU has 1 foul in 15 minutes. Maybe the sport needs mentally tougher refs and maybe it's human nature; it's just what it is.

Hit the nail on the head. Hopefully we can replicate Boston last year, but obviously with a better result.

Hit the nail on the head. Hopefully we can replicate Boston last year, but obviously with a better result.

not to say i completely disagree w the home court theory, but last year's elite 8 game certainly disproves that theory...

Well pretty much the rest of the country thinks Ashevile was jobbed so it balances out.

Nice to see we're already manufacturing excuses.

Well pretty much the rest of the country thinks Ashevile was jobbed so it balances out.

Granted there's no need for a pre-excuse thread like this...
But to be fair, the average "unbiased" fan who is dying to see a #16 beat a 1 isn't much more objective than us.

Too easy. We got jobbed last year - they didn't want Bernie Fines name anywhere near the Final Four.

The whole "don't blame the refs" thing is a cover for refs and their poor performance and/or agenda.

If this game is called like the OSU game along with the violations story the week of our 1st game - 2 years in a row? Call it an excuse if you want - you may have more faith in the business of Sport than I do.

Please. Premature anything isn't good, including worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not worrying about it - was a prediction that I hope in wrong about.

I'm just jaded from last years game. Not getting jobbed this game would help restore some faith.

BS those were the right calls. Maybe one went to us that wasnt supposed to, but you can say the same for them. How about the Marquette tourney game in 2011 with the mysterious backcourt violation? Coin flip calls and blatantly obvious botched calls are totally different things.

BS those were the right calls. Maybe one went to us that wasnt supposed to, but you can say the same for them. How about the Marquette tourney game in 2011 with the mysterious backcourt violation? Coin flip calls and blatantly obvious botched calls are totally different things.

Good point. We never get calls, but when we lose a big game the reason is always OMG REFS.

It's ing embarassing and you're orange goggles are too thick if you dont think we might have got a little help against Aheville.

Exactly right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom