Get ready | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

Another thread on that board is claiming they are signing ERob through 2026, so I don’t know what to believe in this crazy world of forums
I was just coming to post that but there doesn't seem to be a source so who knows? Haha.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe.gif

My biggest concern is if you have Fran and Robinson, you have 2 of the top recruiters in the country…literally. But they are unproven as head guys at the highest level whether it be coordinators or head coaches. Example, look at Louisville basketball, you have a head coach who was unproven but is a stud recruiter. He gets the top guys but it doesn’t matter cause he can’t coach for his life.

We need to surround Fran and Robinson with proven X’s and O’s guys which Fran and Wildhack know. Fran and Robinson are 2 ACE recruiters…like y’all thought Swag Daddy was good, which he is, just imagine a better Swag Daddy and TWO of them on staff. There’s a potential for another ACE recruiter too that I heard about. That’s why I’m saying getting talent on campus will not be a problem but we need to make sure we have the right coaches X’s and O’s wise that can get these guys in the right scheme, position or all that talent means nothing. I know Fran and Wildhack know that but I need to see the hires for that

My biggest concern is if you have Fran and Robinson, you have 2 of the top recruiters in the country…literally. But they are unproven as head guys at the highest level whether it be coordinators or head coaches. Example, look at Louisville basketball, you have a head coach who was unproven but is a stud recruiter. He gets the top guys but it doesn’t matter cause he can’t coach for his life.

We need to surround Fran and Robinson with proven X’s and O’s guys which Fran and Wildhack know. Fran and Robinson are 2 ACE recruiters…like y’all thought Swag Daddy was good, which he is, just imagine a better Swag Daddy and TWO of them on staff. There’s a potential for another ACE recruiter too that I heard about. That’s why I’m saying getting talent on campus will not be a problem but we need to make sure we have the right coaches X’s and O’s wise that can get these guys in the right scheme, position or all that talent means nothing. I know Fran and Wildhack know that but I need to see the hires for that

I agree especially on offense. I feel Fran and Robinson (if he comes) have their thoughts on ideas on what they want on defense and what they want the defense to look like.

The OC needs to have serious offensive coordinator experience and a track record of working with QBs. The OC hire will make or break things for Coach Brown. I feel the OC can be a recruiter second and coach first. The OC can just point Coach Brown toward the people he wants and let him bring them in.

If the Michigan guy comes on as LB coach then you definitely would have 3 ace recruiters for sure.

CM4...bless his heart...

"Coach Brown is going to bring some swag and edge to Cuse football"

And immediately the room jumps to conclusions about coaches and recruiting.
Wrong.

This is all about the football team "walk up music" when they come running out of the tunnel to jack up the crowd. The music department has called together the string and woodwind sections(highlighted by some mean oboes) to compose a real toe tapping medley with rap mixed in.:cool:
Damn, a Seasons in the Sun/Cats in the Cradle mashup is gonna be sick!! What’s not to love?!

I’m sitting here in NC listening to the local sports news as they discuss portal activity, NC State, Tar Heels and them Duke boys thinking about all these new developments happening at SU.
Very very pleased with the way things could be heading and really happy for y’all in the ‘cuse.

Fran and Robinson have been preparing for these opportunities all their coaching lives. And being close personal friends, they've probably spent many many hours talking about and fantasizing out loud about this very moment. They know what's at stake and everything I've read about them tells me they ARE NOT going to blow something they've been striving to achieve their entire careers.

Everyone has to start somewhere, at some time. For these two outstanding young coaches, imho, Syracuse will be very fortunate to be the place and time for these talented and accomplished men to get their 1st big breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom