Give me a P Give me a O Give me a R. What does it spell.. | Syracusefan.com

Give me a P Give me a O Give me a R. What does it spell..

kcsu

Living Legend
JB better learn to do the Portal or next year is going to be a train wreck. Buddy and Joe are solid players but they are not starting ACC caliber guards. Marek Sid and Guerrier the same. Good players who probably dont start on the majority of ACC teams. The kids coming in are solid but not difference makers. The kids on our bench the same. Edwards, Goodine, Bras, Jab all good solid kids but none of them are miraculously going to become saviors.
If we dont land a star or 2 via the portal next years team will be at best another middle of the pack 500 type team that will continue the programs decline.

JB better learn to do the Portal or next year is going to be a train wreck. Buddy and Joe are solid players but they are not starting ACC caliber guards. Marek Sid and Guerrier the same. Good players who probably dont start on the majority of ACC teams. The kids coming in are solid but not difference makers. The kids on our bench the same. Edwards, Goodine, Bras, Jab all good solid kids but none of them are miraculously going to become saviors.
If we dont land a star or 2 via the portal next years team will be at best another middle of the pack 500 type team that will continue the programs decline.

I'm not sure whart my opinion is on that, being you said a lot there and it's late. For now, I will give you an e-fistbump(take that, to the fellow who mocked my cultural awareness of trendy cool talk/action[for adults]! lol)

I see a lot of possibility, but overall a decent amount of truth lies within your words. As noted with the stunned reactions to some of my posts earlier, I am not always quick to agree with absolutes, but I'll give it more thought with all this time we'll have,

What all of that pre-amble was for was to ease in to my reason for the fist bump. To quote one of my favorite lines, "That took courage", as it likely offended multiple groups of thought on here. Even if I completely disagreed with something, I respect someone who is willing to do so, if they appear to be sincere about it. After seeing the news about Shark after the game, I feel inspired for the moment, to express gratitude(amongst other things) to folks whilst I have the chance.

Last edited:
Over stated, JGIII was almost on the all rookie team, may yet get there. BB was a key to wins throughout the year. Every announcer heaped praise on them both. With Hughes they are responsible for the wins they got. I expect improvement from both and I would not be surprised if JGIII ends up all AcC btm he is finished, not a prediction. Improvement down low is the key. More from Marek with less fouls, some kind of improvement from the center position, not sure from where but Sidbe may surprise. And improvement from Guerrier who shows flashes of being a beast. If and when Hughes makes the jump, I’ll worry about that then.
I also see continued development from Goodine, he is something that’s needed on the team.
I think people see who‘s on the team and projects as they are. I always look for improvement. Sometimes a lot. I don’t know if there will be a go to guy next year. But I also don’t think the sky is falling.
Id mention incoming recruits but I don’t know who they are. Anyway this year isn’t over, I look forward to at least 2 more games.

Not one ACC caliber player, eh? That’s a bummer. JB must be a genius to win 10 ACC games with a squad full of players not fit for the conference.

This is where you need to interpret things with some deeper acknowledgement. Such as taking "ACC caliber guards" to be not so literal, but more along the lines of ACC caliber guards of said conference's good/upper echelon teams. Yes, JB got 10 W's, but we also have 10 losses in a conference that is historically weak based upon the percentage of conference teams that will be dancing this year.

Moreover, we have now hovered at basically .500 in our conference for 5 straight years, and this is who we are...a consistent middling conference team. Humbling for sure, knowing the realization as we currently stand, being nothing more than a has been program in relation to top dogs conference wise.

Last edited:
buddy with his 45 fiasco catapults himself back into # 3 for ACC MPG. poor elijah drops back to #2. marek and joe finish the regular season at a respectable #16 and #20. huzzzzaaaahhh ! the ACC minute champs !

JB was fortunate that this season came when the ACC as a whole is historically down. In a typical meat grinder year this team wins 5, 6 games maybe.

Not one ACC caliber player, eh? That’s a bummer. JB must be a genius to win 10 ACC games with a squad full of players not fit for the conference.
It probably makes more sense to say All ACC caliber. The point was that they are all solid players but none are stars. We had one of those types of guys on the roster this year that won't be here next year and were .500 in conference in a weak conference year.

Two questions: 1) Is .500 in conference satisfactory, given SU's history and tradition? 2) Who on the current roster or coming in from high school next year makes up for Hughes absence?

It's not unreasonable to suggest we need help from the transfer portal, if we're going to have a chance to be better next year. You do want the team to better, don't you? Do you enjoy being bad enough that we're not even in bubble talk?

Last edited:
Over stated, JGIII was almost on the all rookie team, may yet get there. BB was a key to wins throughout the year. Every announcer heaped praise on them both. With Hughes they are responsible for the wins they got. I expect improvement from both and I would not be surprised if JGIII ends up all AcC btm he is finished, not a prediction. Improvement down low is the key. More from Marek with less fouls, some kind of improvement from the center position, not sure from where but Sidbe may surprise. And improvement from Guerrier who shows flashes of being a beast. If and when Hughes makes the jump, I’ll worry about that then.
I also see continued development from Goodine, he is something that’s needed on the team.
I think people see who‘s on the team and projects as they are. I always look for improvement. Sometimes a lot. I don’t know if there will be a go to guy next year. But I also don’t think the sky is falling.
Id mention incoming recruits but I don’t know who they are. Anyway this year isn’t over, I look forward to at least 2 more games.

Honest question -- have you ever heard an announcer during a game say "this kid is not ACC quality - Syracuse's recruiting has really fallen off a cliff lately"?

Keep banging the drum that the guards are OK. Maybe it might come true.

i begin to get jim boeheims dislike of this whole SABERMETRICS thing . by any objective criteria his winning percentage as a head coach is trending down. looks like .500 and is now acceptable for this aging HOC coach.

Honest question -- have you ever heard an announcer during a game say "this kid is not ACC quality - Syracuse's recruiting has really fallen off a cliff lately"?

Keep banging the drum that the guards are OK. Maybe it might come true.

Fran Fraschilla basically said this about recruiting during the Penn State game in November.

Fran Fraschilla basically said this about recruiting during the Penn State game in November.
Its been mentioned a few times. It doesn't take a genius to realize we have whiffed on almost all of our top targets. No offense to Joe who is a warrior but when your starting PG is a true frosh from a small school in upstate NY who played the 2 in HS its obvious recruiting hasn't gone well. Washington Bras Marek Edwards JAB are all B C or D listers.

Yeah, he was pretty candid about what he thought of the roster versus what SU typically puts on the court...

Its been mentioned a few times. It doesn't take a genius to realize we have whiffed on almost all of our top targets. No offense to Joe who is a warrior but when your starting PG is a true frosh from a small school in upstate NY who played the 2 in HS its obvious recruiting hasn't gone well. Washington Bras Marek Edwards JAB are all B C or D listers.

Joe didn't play the 2 in HS.

Joe didn't play the 2 in HS.
Hahaha...win or lose I always expect an overreaction from said poster. He has already labeled the 2 recruits coming in as good but not difference makers and we do not have 1 ACC caliber starter. See you in Greensboro where hopefully SU can go on an unexpected run.

Actually, yes. I'm pretty sure it was a game that Fran Fraschilla did. He started out trying to be complimentary, but we got smoked, and then he let his guard down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom