Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay

I can’t remember the last long ball/deep thrown TD over the middle for our offense… it’s absolutely mind-blowing how little we utilize the middle portion of the field. Stunning really.

It seems to be the best reason to keeping him is he’s a “good guy”

Unfortunately that doesn’t win us football games..

He has the final stretch to prove to the AD and the fan base why he should be kept….

Has to win at least 3 of the final 5 for me.

It’s really unreal.

Good grief! I’ll be that “good guy” for 2 mil vs the 4 he’s getting. ;)

The beginning of the end was turtling up in the second half at Clemson last season. That would have been a program defining win and we genuinely, objectively should have won that football game.

Playing not to lose instead of to win and the typical ACC officiating ended up being devastating. I was broken walking out of Death Valley that day I cannot even imagine what the people in the program felt.

The beginning of the end was turtling up in the second half at Clemson last season. That would have been a program defining win and we genuinely, objectively should have won that football game.

Playing not to lose instead of to win and the typical ACC officiating ended up being devastating. I was broken walking out of Death Valley that day I cannot even imagine what the people in the program felt.
That game broke Shrader last year and it looks like the Clemson game and the huge hit on the first drive broke him again this year.

I think FSU beats anyone in a neutral field right now even UGA or Michigan and the calls against Clemson and UNC were worse than anything I've ever seen so I have no problem at all dismissing these 3 awful games.

If we finish strong and buck the November collapse for once great. If not this is a good time to move on the buyout is minimal you almost have to extend Dino if you don't get rid of him and it doesn't look like we'll be spending big $ on a basketball hire anytime soon.

I'd much rather finish strong than get a new coach. Retain Allen and Gadsden beef up the line and bring most of the D back for an easy schedule next year.

That game broke Shrader last year and it looks like the Clemson game and the huge hit on the first drive broke him again this year.

I think FSU beats anyone in a neutral field right now even UGA or Michigan and the calls against Clemson and UNC were worse than anything I've ever seen so I have no problem at all dismissing these 3 awful games.

If we finish strong and buck the November collapse for once great. If not this is a good time to move on the buyout is minimal you almost have to extend Dino if you don't get rid of him and it doesn't look like we'll be spending big $ on a basketball hire anytime soon.

I'd much rather finish strong than get a new coach. Retain Allen and Gadsden beef up the line and bring most of the D back for an easy schedule next year.

Hey if he can do all that, I’m all for keeping him

FSU and UNC will or already have beaten all of them also.

FSU is final four team and UNC is exceptional this year. They boat raced the U last night

The same U that lost to GT last week at home. Miami isn’t that good, smart either, so many self inflicted wounds.

I’m not convinced FSU is Final 4 material. They have weaknesses, we just couldn’t exploit any of them.

There’s a lot of parity in the top 10 IMO. I don’t know that they aren’t final 4 material. They have weaknesses but I think they’d crush a b10 team with their speed. They have a number of players who have blazing speed and know how to play football. They aren’t a great defensive team but they may not need to be really great, just pretty okay to be a top 4 team. In years past the top 1-2 teams were all solid all over the place, including coaching. I’m not sure we have that this year. Georgia obviously being the clear favorite but I’m not convinced they’re as solid a team, top to bottom, as some of the #1 teams in the past.

There’s a lot of parity in the top 10 IMO. I don’t know that they aren’t final 4 material. They have weaknesses but I think they’d crush a b10 team with their speed. They have a number of players who have blazing speed and know how to play football. They aren’t a great defensive team but they may not need to be really great, just pretty okay to be a top 4 team. In years past the top 1-2 teams were all solid all over the place, including coaching. I’m not sure we have that this year. Georgia obviously being the clear favorite but I’m not convinced they’re as solid a team, top to bottom, as some of the #1 teams in the past.

Agree but I would guess their odds to make it are pretty short. I think the top of the SEC is down this year and FSU did beat LSU 2x. And I also like them against the Big Ten teams.

The good Pac 12 teams will start dropping like flies now they are all playing each other rest of the season. Too many good teams they'll beat each other up I'd rule out everyone in that conference TBH the CCG probably has both teams on 2 losses.

1 loss FSU should make the final four though unless an ACC school (UNC) makes the field over them. I don't see 2 losses including the ACC title game. Duke w/o Leonard this week at home is the hardest ACC game they have left. There won't be 4 undefeated teams.

I hope wild hack has a team making a list is all I’m saying. He better be ready to make a decision and make it count.

Let’s hear the reasons why we think Dino should stay with the program.

Let’s weigh the positives and the negatives.
Have to analyze how long will it take Syracuse to improve versus starting over and how long will the rebuild take? If we win at least 7 games and make a bowl game, I say Babers stays. Supposedly, our NIL and Collective profile is underway, so, we should be players in this year's portal and this recruiting class looks better than last year. Let's revisit this discussion at the conclusion of the season.

Last edited:
Have to analyze how long will it take Syracuse to improve versus starting over and how long will the rebuild take? If we win at least 7 games and make a bowl game, I say Babers stays. Supposedly, our NIL and Collective profile is underway, so, we should be players in this year's portal and this recruiting class looks better than last year. Let's revisit this discussion at the conclusion of the season.

His recruiting classes have looked better every year he's been here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom