Given all of Dino's comments have any of you given any thought that | Syracusefan.com

Given all of Dino's comments have any of you given any thought that

Don

2nd String
He might not even think Jacobian is the future at QB .Look at all of his comments about shielding the young QB's and hopefully not having to play them at all this year. How they dont need to be thrown to the wolves before they are ready to not break there confidence.

I would not read anything into Jacobian being the first of the freshman being put in games. He may just be the QB most ready now or the one that Dino is less inclined to worry about destroying his confidence. In Other words no matter what we see from Jacobian these next few weeks or weather Tommy or Rex comes back perhaps Dillon is the guy he really wants to protect for the future. In Dinos world this would be the strategy he employing.

I would love to see Dillon play as well but im not going to get to overly worked up seeing Jacobian as the future just yet

He might not even think Jacobian is the future at QB .Look at all of his comments about shielding the young QB's and hopefully not having to play them at all this year. How they dont need to be thrown to the wolves before they are ready to not break there confidence.

I would not read anything into Jacobian being the first of the freshman being put in games. He may just be the QB most ready now or the one that Dino is less inclined to worry about destroying his confidence. In Other words no matter what we see from Jacobian these next few weeks or weather Tommy or Rex comes back perhaps Dillon is the guy he really wants to protect for the future. In Dinos world this would be the strategy he employing.

I would love to see Dillon play as well but im not going to get to overly worked up seeing Jacobian as the future just yet
The future could be any of them, including justin Lamson. The practical point is this is a free opportunity to get one or both game experience.

Tommy will come back, Rex will come back, we’ll of course have Morgan, Dillon, Lamson next year.

When we come to the huddle to start the Ohio game next year, Summers will be the starter.

Solich will be so unprepared, he’ll retire on the spot.

Tommy will come back, Rex will come back, we’ll of course have Morgan, Dillon, Lamson next year.

When we come to the huddle to start the Ohio game next year, Summers will be the starter.

Starter at TE? I like it

I think Tommy and his dad are shopping his talents right now, thinking about possible January transfer to another P5 school, if they can get it.

it doesn’t matter. We already know that Rex is not the future. It’s time to see what the kid has. If he’s not the answer well at least we know and it’s on to the next.

it doesn’t matter. We already know that Rex is not the future. It’s time to see what the kid has. If he’s not the answer well at least we know and it’s on to the next.

We've got a couple freshmen. Play them both, so that neither has to get shellacked behind a crap line.

So either way Dino is playing to lose? If Rex is out there it is an L for sure. If Dino says the freshman are not ready it's and L for sure. If Dino thinks Rex gives SU the best chance to win it is very telling about his failed recruiting for a QB. Rex was moved to TE at one point for goodness sake.

His father didn’t say he was coming back...

he said he hopes he comes back. But there’s no guarantee
Here is the quote of what he said:

He has Had schools sniffing around since last year big time schools Tommy is as talented as they come they know his situation
That being said he is planning on being an orange man next year . Fix the line get some transfers in and get him some big boy throws and mix in some pro concepts and we will be the Offense you want us to be . Cut the crap
All the crap stirring is out of your boredom.

Go focus on the young players

Better than his dad? Wow!
His dad has their side of the story, SU has the other. They both could be on different pages, like many relationships that go through growth or difficult times.

If Cuse brings in a transfer, especially a junior or senior, who knows what could happen.

His dad has their side of the story, SU has the other. They both could be on different pages, like many relationships that go through growth or difficult times.

If Cuse brings in a transfer, especially a junior or senior, who knows what could happen.
That’s a different proposition.

Even with an improved OL which is a big question mark still not sure Tommy is the answer.
Not sure about Dino statements about playing upper class men. He’s playing Tucker and Lutz over Pierre. He’s playing queeley and Harris over S. Johnson and senior wr. I’m worried Lamson reads those comments and wonders why he should come if a freshman does not have a chance to win the starting job.
He’s worried about the seniors coming back. Seniors want to win. They may be friends with Rex but they still want to win. Not seeing them all leave if the freshman get some play.

Here is the quote of what he said:

Yeah and that's just one place he said it. The people that want TD replaced are consistently spinning/evolving everything into him wanting to leave.

Even with an improved OL which is a big question mark still not sure Tommy is the answer.
Not sure about Dino statements about playing upper class men. He’s playing Tucker and Lutz over Pierre. He’s playing queeley and Harris over S. Johnson and senior wr. I’m worried Lamson reads those comments and wonders why he should come if a freshman does not have a chance to win the starting job.
He’s worried about the seniors coming back. Seniors want to win. They may be friends with Rex but they still want to win. Not seeing them all leave if the freshman get some play.
Dino is just saying stuff to try not to throw anyone under the bus. He knows the players we have available are not good enough to get it done either because of youth or lack of talent. There were reasons those guys weren't projected starters to begin with.

With an improved oline, TD may or may not be the answer. I had my criticisms of him before he was hurt, but I would still like to see him behind a better line and with a good running game. I would also like to see what happens when WRs don't drop 5-10 balls a game. If TD isn't the answer, we may not have the answer on the team right now. Given all of the challenges on the offensive side of the ball, I'd rather not throw a young inexperienced guy out there to get physically and emotionally beat up. There's a difference between throwing a guy out there against the other team's second string and rolling him out as the starter. I don't think throwing any of them to the wolves is going to show us anything unless one of them is off the charts talented. If that were the case, the coaches would've seen them giving our defense fits as the scout team qb.

Last edited:
Per McAllister at that new SI spot, SU hasn't even reached out to the Mississippi State transfer that we once recruited. That would lead me to believe that the Devitos aren't taking their show on the road.

If TD was indeed leaving, I would think Dino would be playing the freshmen QBs a lot more to get them ready for next year? What we are seeing is the exact opposite.

At least 1 person on here with some serious connections doesn't think so.
I'd take the word of the Dad over a source. I grew up around enough Italians to know their word is their word.

However, the statement has a little wiggle room.

I still think TD will be back and will compete against the other challengers in the Spring.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom