GM III out Saturday | Syracusefan.com

GM III out Saturday

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Per Axe Tweet. Dreaded Upper Body Injury. And by GM 3, I meant GM 2. Pardon me.

More concerned what this may mean for next year. If he's our feature back and injury prone, we're in deep doo-doo. We need another back, and a good one, in this class.

Does this perhaps open the door for Estime to finally get a shot returning kicks, which he should have been doing all season?

He tweeted that earlier in the week that he would be (for what its worth)

More concerned what this may mean for next year. If he's our feature back and injury prone, we're in deep doo-doo. We need another back, and a good one, in this class.
I wouldn't say this means he's injury prone, first of all. But also, McFarlane looks awfully talented back there as well. I think we'll be just fine either way next year. But yes, I would like to see another good RB added to the mix, particularly with the likelihood that 'Rome goes after this year. Obviously if he stays, we're set.

I wouldn't say this means he's injury prone, first of all. But also, McFarlane looks awfully talented back there as well. I think we'll be just fine either way next year. But yes, I would like to see another good RB added to the mix, particularly with the likelihood that 'Rome goes after this year. Obviously if he stays, we're set.

We're deep this year, but not next year if Smith goes. Would like to see Moore get a run.

I think Smith is giving us all he has and is doing a great job but still dont see Pro when i watch him play. of course nassib didnt to me either and as of yet hasnt really shown it in the pro's . he probably doesnt make the team if not for where he was drafted.

I think Smith is giving us all he has and is doing a great job but still dont see Pro when i watch him play. of course nassib didnt to me either and as of yet hasnt really shown it in the pro's . he probably doesnt make the team if not for where he was drafted.
I think if we didn't try to platoon our RBs as much as we are you'd be thinking differently. Don't get me wrong, I thought the same last year but came around on Rome. I think he's a backup RB in the NFL right now. I'm not sure he'll ever be a starter, but he could be a short yardage/change of pace guy down the road.

Of course if Delone couldn't make it, I'm not sure Rome can. We will see, though. If Rome comes back next year, holy crap, we will be so loaded. I like PTG but man, I feel like it'll be addition by subtraction to get him out of the rotation and give those carries to Morris and McFarlane.

I think if we didn't try to platoon our RBs as much as we are you'd be thinking differently. Don't get me wrong, I thought the same last year but came around on Rome. I think he's a backup RB in the NFL right now. I'm not sure he'll ever be a starter, but he could be a short yardage/change of pace guy down the road.

Of course if Delone couldn't make it, I'm not sure Rome can. We will see, though. If Rome comes back next year, holy crap, we will be so loaded. I like PTG but man, I feel like it'll be addition by subtraction to get him out of the rotation and give those carries to Morris and McFarlane.

I believe Rome is way better than Carter. Carter maxed out speed about two steps past the middle linebacker and could never go outside.

I believe Rome is way better than Carter. Carter maxed out speed about two steps past the middle linebacker and could never go outside.
Post-injury, perhaps. Pre-injury, I'd take DC3 over just about any RB we've had in the last 20 years. Reyes being the only exception, probably.

Brisly may be returning kicks?

@McAllisterOnFox: A sign that Brisly Estime could be returning kicks in Morris' absence? RT @BALL_CHILL1: back deep this week ✊

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

@ : A sign that Brisly Estime could be returning kicks in Morris' absence? RT @BALL_CHILL1: back deep this week ✊

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
Yup. And he just deleted the tweet which means he's def. returning kicks saturday

Does this perhaps open the door for Estime to finally get a shot returning kicks, which he should have been doing all season?
You got your wish

@ : A sign that Brisly Estime could be returning kicks in Morris' absence? RT @BALL_CHILL1: back deep this week ✊

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

defensive back? he was a game changer in HS as a DB, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this since he's stuck behind Ashton for the foreseeable future

Dont dance brisley, 90mph north south and hit the seam.

Last edited:
Why do people think George "The Third" Morris II is injury prone?

Might turn out to be blessing in disguise if Estime busts a touchdown run, would ignite the team on the road.

Post-injury, perhaps. Pre-injury, I'd take DC3 over just about any RB we've had in the last 20 years. Reyes being the only exception, probably.

I thought Reyes would make it in the NFL. He was our best since Joe Morris, IMO.