GM III out Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GM III out Saturday

defensive back? he was a game changer in HS as a DB, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this since he's stuck behind Ashton for the foreseeable future

Here comes The Salt Badger!

badger.jpg

Agreed.
to make the NFL you have to make guys miss or be able to get yards after contact.. Reyes was not that type of back. He was a one hole, power sweep guy.

there is a reason Mungro/Carter had a run and Reyes did not.

Wow, disagree on all counts. Reyes has tremendous speed and was a complete back. The reason he didn't make the NFL was due to his shoulder dislocation problems his senior year. Very poorly timed, as it prevented him from making a final run at the record books and impaired his ability to play professionally.

My opinion only, but pound for pound Reyes was the best we've had in a long time, and doesn't get some of the recognition he deserves due to his senior year being cut short.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/10/syracuse_running_back_george_m_1.html

Here is the full report:
Out for season
  • Adrian Flemming (lower body)
  • Ross Krautman (lower body)
  • Keon Lyn (lower body)
  • Tyler Marona (upper body)
Out
  • Travon Burke (upper body)
  • George Morris II (upper body)
Doubtful
  • None
Questionable
  • None
Probable
  • None

This is the first time I've seen Marona listed as being out for the season. I think it was assumed early on that he suffered a concussion. Probably not good if he's out for the season. Anyone know what his injury might be?

This is the first time I've seen Marona listed as being out for the season. I think it was assumed early on that he suffered a concussion. Probably not good if he's out for the season. Anyone know what his injury might be?

I found this note on Marona from August 24...

"Tyler, we're taking it easy," Shafer said. "He's had some injury issues in the past. We're trying to do what's in the best interest for him as a young person."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/08/syracuse_kicker_ross_krautman_1.html

From Aug 12...

"Nothing major," Shafer said. "We've got a couple upper-body, a couple lower-body (injuries). ... Those kids are good. They'll be back when the time is right. Nothing major. No surgeries or nothing like that. I feel good about them." A reporter followed up by asking if that statement also referred to Funderburk and Marona, the two most high-profile names not present at practice, and Shafer confirmed that it did.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/08/syracuse_dealing_with_minor_in.html

Wow, disagree on all counts. Reyes has tremendous speed and was a complete back. The reason he didn't make the NFL was due to his shoulder dislocation problems his senior year. Very poorly timed, as it prevented him from making a final run at the record books and impaired his ability to play professionally.

My opinion only, but pound for pound Reyes was the best we've had in a long time, and doesn't get some of the recognition he deserves due to his senior year being cut short.
Reyes had a similar running style to Dickerson, not too many of those guys make it in the league. Not because they're not talented but its just a style that doesn't seem to work well and may be injury prone. Carter\Mungro types seem to have an 'easier' time making it in the pros.

I found this note on Marona from August 24...

"Tyler, we're taking it easy," Shafer said. "He's had some injury issues in the past. We're trying to do what's in the best interest for him as a young person."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/08/syracuse_kicker_ross_krautman_1.html

From Aug 12...

"Nothing major," Shafer said. "We've got a couple upper-body, a couple lower-body (injuries). ... Those kids are good. They'll be back when the time is right. Nothing major. No surgeries or nothing like that. I feel good about them." A reporter followed up by asking if that statement also referred to Funderburk and Marona, the two most high-profile names not present at practice, and Shafer confirmed that it did.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/08/syracuse_dealing_with_minor_in.html

There was also a text (from Tyler's sister) back from when the injury was first reported.

It mentioned something about having bad luck, and I believe something about a shoulder on another text from some one else.

I was wondering about Marona as well. I didn't know he was out for the year. Also, to think Morris at this point is injury prone is extremely premature.

Per Shafer on the pre-game radio, he'll be out at least three weeks -- and made reference to a "small break."

Per Shafer on the pre-game radio, he'll be out at least three weeks -- and made reference to a "small break."

So he'll back for Wake Forest. Too bad he'll miss his return home next week. Our only visit to Georgia, no less, while he's at SU.