Go back and look at Winslows screen in the paint | Syracusefan.com

Go back and look at Winslows screen in the paint

Jack Hall

All Conference
Against UNC on Jones game tying lay up. And then watch a replay of Raks screen. Seriously. I cant say if Raks screen was a foul or not as i dont know the specific rule well enough. But what i can say w 99.999% certainty is if Raks screen was a foul then Winslows moving screen and grab was a double foul and yet no call on Duk at home of course, i doubt it even crossed one of the refs minds in that game to even consider blowing a whistle. Why cant these "professionals"define what a proper screen is, what a travel is, and what a block is and then call it semi-consistently within league play at least. The way they call things its just random and arbitrary at best. I cant even imagine being a player trying to understand it.

And whats most bothersome is both those calls, one an egregious no call, and one a borderline call, both may very well have determined the outcome in the last secs of a game and there was ZERO consistency between the two calls, same league.

I can't believe this is the only post about that call...

VERY VERY VERY VERY questionable.

Against UNC on Jones game tying lay up. And then watch a replay of Raks screen. Seriously. I cant say if Raks screen was a foul or not as i dont know the specific rule well enough. But what i can say w 99.999% certainty is if Raks screen was a foul then Winslows moving screen and grab was a double foul and yet no call on Duk at home of course, i doubt it even crossed one of the refs minds in that game to even consider blowing a whistle. Why cant these "professionals"define what a proper screen is, what a travel is, and what a block is and then call it semi-consistently within league play at least. The way they call things its just random and arbitrary at best. I cant even imagine being a player trying to understand it.

And whats most bothersome is both those calls, one an egregious no call, and one a borderline call, both may very well have determined the outcome in the last secs of a game and there was ZERO consistency between the two calls, same league.

Winslow was in crowded lane - Rak was way out exposed. It was a foul, what happened somewhere else doesn't really matter.

Winslow was in crowded lane - Rak was way out exposed. It was a foul, what happened somewhere else doesn't really matter.
Yes but they were both screening a defender trying to make a play on a guy driving to the hoop for a game tying or potential game winning basket. I get what you are saying but at some point a screen is a screen. Winslow in fact wound up screening two unc guys from making a defensive play on Jones and he just happened to be grabbing a guy while moving and screening a defender, and in the process , as i said , got in the direct path of another defender. No call. And then Raks is a call? No rhyme or reason

MacAllister has a free article up on the Scoot site about this call as well as the tap dance that happened at the end, i.e. travelling x3, and wasn't called and resulted in the game clinching basket. I won't even get into the raised elbows that mugged Roberson but did not result in a foul. The refs were not very good and the announcers actually said how well the game was officiated, but the announcers weren't very good either.

I mean think about it, Rak probably was watching the unc duk game and saw what winslow did and how he got away with it. Now late in the game Rak has to execute a play where he is less egregious. What is he to think? Wouldnt he think to be aggressive? Wouldnt he have an expectation the ref will swallow the whistle as he did w duke? Didnt work out as well

MacAllister has a free article up on the Scoot site about this call as well as the tap dance that happened at the end, i.e. travelling x3, and wasn't called and resulted in the game clinching basket. I won't even get into the raised elbows that mugged Roberson but did not result in a foul. The refs were not very good and the announcers actually said how well the game was officiated, but the announcers weren't very good either.
Wow. The Vine in that article says it all...

I mean think about it, Rak probably was watching the unc duk game and saw what winslow did and how he got away with it. Now late in the game Rak has to execute a play where he is less egregious. What is he to think? Wouldnt he think to be aggressive? Wouldnt he have an expectation the ref will swallow the whistle as he did w duke? Didnt work out as well

I am 100% on board with college hoop officiating being the worst of the major sports, no argument there.

That being said Rak committed the foul in broad daylight - it's 2 four year guys to execute the play. Wish they did it better.

I was under the impression that to post a link to Scout was against the rules?

I saw that Puke play in real time and I was wondering why it wasn't called a HOLD (like in football, 10-yard penalty), then I realized that it was Puke and they can do no wrong in eyes of the ACC refs.

oh got it, the scoot thing threw me for a loop, thxs
I didn't realize there was a whole other thread with the same vine. Oh internet, why do you confuse me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom