Good to hear his voice | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good to hear his voice

Some things never change.
I watched the interview with Nixon from a couple of days ago. He told us absolutely nothing about what offense we would be running, and I understand why and respect it .

I don't care if my coach has a sense of humor, story telling ability, and interest in things other than football.

I care if my coach is a good human, a good leader, and a good coach.

I mostly agree with this - although my standard for “good human” is inversely related to how good a coach he is. Belichick isn’t the greatest human being in the world - that didn’t bother Patriot fans when they were winning Super Bowls.

If Fran can get us into the newly expanded playoffs, not committing any felonies (Edit - or Class A misdemeanors) is going to be a good enough human for me.

He won 30% of conference games. He’s a bum.
I agree with all the "nice guy" folks. However, I can't ignore the fact he was paid well and didn't produce results commensurate with his level of pay. Did SU get a positive return on their investment in him?? Would anyone here be happy if their stockbroker produced similar results with their personal investments? That's my sticking point with him. I wish him well like I would any other human being...but I still feel he and his teams over the length of his stay here were sub-par. Clearly, that's why is no longer here.
Go Coach Brown and SU!!!

I agree with all the "nice guy" folks. However, I can't ignore the fact he was paid well and didn't produce results commensurate with his level of pay. Did SU get a positive return on their investment in him?? Would anyone here be happy if their stockbroker produced similar results with their personal investments? That's my sticking point with him. I wish him well like I would any other human being...but I still feel he and his teams over the length of his stay here were sub-par. Clearly, that's why is no longer here.
Go Coach Brown and SU!!!

Half the well paid coaches lose every week. They aren't stock brokers.

Go Coach Brown and SU!!!

No one asked you to. The theme of this thread is that I liked the guy and miss him, even though I realized it was time to move on. Also, I wish Coach Brown's speaking style was a little more like Dino's.

I actually have found his interviews now quite annoying and used to enjoy them

Doesn’t answer questions, talks like he knows more than everyone, I actually think he’s low key rude to the reporters but does it with a smile on his face

I’ll be happy to never hear him speak again
That’s the way it’s been with him for a while. I think some have a nostalgic view of his 2106-2018 vibe but he’s been that way for years now.

No one asked you to. The theme of this thread is that I liked the guy and miss him, even though I realized it was time to move on. Also, I wish Coach Brown's speaking style was a little more like Dino's.
My response was I don't miss him and I explained why. I pray Coach Brown wins on the field and Dino is forgotten in my rear view mirror.

Half the well paid coaches lose every week. They aren't stock brokers.
And the ones that loose on a regular basis or win less than expected are shown the door...Like our former coach .

I’ll root for Dino to have success in whatever he does, but I get a feeling he isn’t wishing the Orange much success from here on out.Probably not a lot of coaches that have been fired wishing their former schools success though.
I do wish that he would of put out some kind of statement on his time in Syracuse and what it meant to him, but maybe that’s for later on in life.

And the ones that loose on a regular basis or win less than expected are shown the door...Like our former coach .

Just didn't agree with the analogy. Coach's get fired and they get paid nicely. Hopefully you don't turn over your financial guys at a similar rate.

Really !!!! He mentioned that the weather in CNY wasn’t great…… Wow he should be locked up for that outrageous comment !!
The guy got fired , I’m sure he feels some anguish, that was a nothing burger if I ever saw one.
Yeah, how about 115 in the shade in Arizona. A good friend lives in Phoenix and he wanted to know why I didn’t stop by when I had to drive through the area. Hey, it was over 120 that day

Just didn't agree with the analogy. Coach's get fired and they get paid nicely. Hopefully you don't turn over your financial guys at a similar rate.
The analogy was our SU $$ (yes, tuition, season tix, etc.) did not produce a good return on our investment in Coaxch Babers. Nice guy? Sure. Worth what was spent on him??? I guess we have a different opinion.

And... yes if my financial guy was down over a 5-8 year period?? I would absolutely move on. I did exactly that years ago when a "friend" was more interested in commissions than producing results for my portfolio.

So - the Clemson upset & 2018 season didn’t happen?

Mmmkay.

We did get to 3 bowl games during his tenure.

Were ranked in the Top 25 for the first time since 2001.

Which none of his three predecessors achieved.

That’s not nothing.
It’s not what we’d hoped for, and I absolutely agree that it was best to move on from him.

He did not produce consistently enough, is more accurate.

(And his recruiting the last year or 2 was turrible, so it wasn’t gonna improve had he remained.)
I agree with most of what you said. The constant and consistent blowouts on national television in his whole tenure sour him for me. How many times did we come out of a bye week and get blown out? He was the head coach of way too many non-competitive, embarrassing blowouts when the game was hopelessly lost by halftime.

I have been following SU football avidly since the 1970s. Any chance to hear a coach talk, I was there.

Heck, I even kept listening to coaches shows in the days of GRob.

I liked Dino and hoped he would succeed. Really enjoyed listening to him tell stories. But when it came time to talk about games, strategy, post game breakdowns, etc, I found him unlistenable.

He is good at speaking and saying nothing. And yes, I agree he has not changed now that he is in Arizona. It is too bad because he would be interesting if he chose to be.

Good luck to him there. Hope he has enough class to stop talking badly about a place that gave him such a great opportunity (and where he failed repeatedly to get the job done).
That 100 times. He’s made it an art.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think that god almighty is whispering in a SF posters ears.

Incredibly let down when I click the thread and see it’s a Dino interview.

Well I mean if you expected to post a separate thread to call out that you like and miss Dino and didn’t expect to get the opposite reaction, not sure what to tell you. A number of us don’t miss him and/or don’t like him. I personally don’t feel he was a good steward of the program the last 2 years he was here and was not engaged at the level he should have for the amount of money he was making. That’s on him.

The analogy was our SU $$ (yes, tuition, season tix, etc.) did not produce a good return on our investment in Coaxch Babers. Nice guy? Sure. Worth what was spent on him??? I guess we have a different opinion.

And... yes if my financial guy was down over a 5-8 year period?? I would absolutely move on. I did exactly that years ago when a "friend" was more interested in commissions than producing results for my portfolio.
If your finances were terrible to begin with, your financial guy gave you hope with a few big hits, then had one really really strong year before COVID crashed his successful trades, you'd move on and wish him well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom