Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Rex will be a DC somewhere, Rob might coach a position, but both are done at the highest level they achieved.

Rex will be a DC somewhere, Rob might coach a position, but both are done at the highest level they achieved.

The rumor has always been that Rex would never be a DC again; HC or TV personality.

stop the nonsense.
Buffalo has more talent on DL than NE.
NE has Donte Hightower probably the best LB but as a unit Buffalo has more talent at the LB position.
NE has a better secondary because of Malcolm Butler and Devin McCourty.
Offensively NE has Brady/Gronk/Edelman.
NE took Hogan FROM Buffalo.
Malcolm Mitchell has potential.
Amendola/Bennett are complementary pieces.

Brady is miles ahead of Taylor that coaching are the differences. Give Belichick Buffalo's roster he gets them atleast 11-5 easily.

TV book it. He could replace Gruden on MNF if he took the LA Job.

Bills need a tall physical receiver if Tyrod stays (among other things).

Waley and the rest of the front office staff should be next, time to clean house. I like what Lynn has done offensively since taking over (the Bush play not withstanding) but I think hiring him at the HC would be a big mistake. Need someone with some HC experience or at least a little bit more seasoned guy. Would love to keep Lynn at the OC though if possible.

Bills need a tall physical receiver if Tyrod stays (among other things).
We need a RT, big WR and a S.

QB if a guy is there we like.

Where we draft, Mike Williams or Jabrill Peppers may be available. I would take one of them or the top rated Tackle.

Tag Gilmore, re-sign Z. Brown and Mike Gillislee.

Disappointed that it didn't work out with Rex. I see a few parallels with Shafer and Ryan. I liked both of them as people and thought they really matched up well with the culture of their fan bases and organizations. Unfortunately, they both made the mistake of hiring friends/family as coordinators and saw their defenses take a nosedive in their final season.

Really hope we switch back to a 4-3 so Marcell Dareus isn't wasting away at NT with Jerry Hughes busy trying to spend all his time setting the edge.

Hughes - Williams - Dareus - Lawson

Z. Brown - Ragland - ?

Gilmore - Darby

Graham - ?

Is what I'd like to see on defense.

Schedule next year looks like a bear to. New HC is going to be in it deep from the word go.

Waley and the rest of the front office staff should be next, time to clean house. I like what Lynn has done offensively since taking over (the Bush play not withstanding) but I think hiring him at the HC would be a big mistake. Need someone with some HC experience or at least a little bit more seasoned guy. Would love to keep Lynn at the OC though if possible.

My potential concern with Lynn is style (note, this is not based on anything I have observed, simply a conceptual concern). Generally speaking, when you fire a coach, manager, whatever- you try to go with the opposite personality type than your previous leader (see Marrone, Doug). If Lynn is the dreaded "players coach" are we going to continue seeing more of the same dumb mistakes that plagued the Ryan brothers? I don't know, but that worries me. I am not in favor of Coughlin, but he would be a perfect "style" of coach...this is a team that sorely lacks discipline.

Like you, I would rather go with a more proven commodity vs. someone who just got his first crack as a coordinator- but he definitely has shown promise as an up-and-coming candidate. Are we willing to take on the learning curve that may accompany that promise? I would hope Whaley & company would demand that seasoned hires be made at the OC/DC positions. I'm still waiting for Russ Brandon's famed Analytics department to take off...

Anyway the move that had to be made is done. Interesting to see how the team reacts on Sunday...also will be interesting to see if Tyrod plays or is benched.

TV book it. He could replace Gruden on MNF if he took the LA Job.
hes a dynamic personality for sure. id be surprised if he gets dumped right away in a #1 analyst role. often they move the next guy into a new 3 man booth to get his feet wet or put him with a total pro PbP, on say the 3rd team.

I suspect next year's head coach will be Anthony Lynn or Kyle Shanahan. I'm guessing Coughlin ends up saying no to them.

I suspect next year's head coach will be Anthony Lynn or Kyle Shanahan. I'm guessing Coughlin ends up saying no to them.
Anyone named Shanahan makes me nervous.

We need a RT, big WR and a S.

QB if a guy is there we like.

Where we draft, Mike Williams or Jabrill Peppers may be available. I would take one of them or the top rated Tackle.

Tag Gilmore, re-sign Z. Brown and Mike Gillislee.

They need a linebacker as well. Preston Brown is terrible and I hope they have a plan B for Zach Brown if he commands more money in free agency than they are able to afford.

They need a linebacker as well. Preston Brown is terrible and I hope they have a plan B for Zach Brown if he commands more money in free agency than they are able to afford.

Getting Ragland back will help. I am sure they will bring in a LB or two via FA and the Draft. Getting a safety and a WR have to be priority #1's with RT not far behind. Bills would be wise to trade down in round 1 or 2 and pick up some additional draft picks.

Yea, I broke down the defense a few posts later, hoping they switch back to a 4-3 and purposefully left Preston Brown's spot as a question mark. Not a fan of him at all. Resign Z Brown and let P Brown go. Find another LB in the draft or FA.

My potential concern with Lynn is style (note, this is not based on anything I have observed, simply a conceptual concern). Generally speaking, when you fire a coach, manager, whatever- you try to go with the opposite personality type than your previous leader (see Marrone, Doug). If Lynn is the dreaded "players coach" are we going to continue seeing more of the same dumb mistakes that plagued the Ryan brothers? I don't know, but that worries me. I am not in favor of Coughlin, but he would be a perfect "style" of coach...this is a team that sorely lacks discipline.

Like you, I would rather go with a more proven commodity vs. someone who just got his first crack as a coordinator- but he definitely has shown promise as an up-and-coming candidate. Are we willing to take on the learning curve that may accompany that promise? I would hope Whaley & company would demand that seasoned hires be made at the OC/DC positions. I'm still waiting for Russ Brandon's famed Analytics department to take off...

Anyway the move that had to be made is done. Interesting to see how the team reacts on Sunday...also will be interesting to see if Tyrod plays or is benched.

I think Coughlin would be an interesting choice but his age worries me. Shannon scares the crap out of me, not saying he couldn't succeed her but man there's a lot to be worried about there. Really hope we cast a wide net and take our time getting a new HC, no need to rush. As for Tyrod might as well play him Saturday, Jones is no where near ready for primetime and we know what we have in Manuel at this point.

Saw on Twitter (same source who called Rex being fired today) that Bills are very interested in Lynn as permanent HC and would like to switch back to the 4-3.

I think Coughlin would be an interesting choice but his age worries me. Shannon scares the crap out of me, not saying he couldn't succeed her but man there's a lot to be worried about there. Really hope we cast a wide net and take our time getting a new HC, no need to rush. As for Tyrod might as well play him Saturday, Jones is no where near ready for primetime and we know what we have in Manuel at this point.
If Whaley goes, one needs to hire a GM before a coach - no?