Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Apparently Manuel will start this week based on a pure financial decision regarding Tyrod potentially getting hurt.

That was speculated upon widely over on the Ganggreen.com board.

Dear Buffalo tank the game this week. It will move NYJ up in the draft and put you guys in the teens.

Buffalo Bills Head Coaching Odds:

Anthony Lynn +290
Tom Coughlin +300
Jim Schwartz +1200
James Franklin +1600
Mike Smith +2000
Sean Payton +2700
Kyle Shanahan +3500
Field -120

Buffalo Bills Head Coaching Odds:

Anthony Lynn +290
Tom Coughlin +300
Jim Schwartz +1200
James Franklin +1600
Mike Smith +2000
Sean Payton +2700
Kyle Shanahan +3500
Field -120

Franklin or Smith? No way. Those would be disastrous hires.

Franklin or Smith? No way. Those would be disastrous hires.

Smith seems to be gaining a lot of traction as a candidate given the turnaround the Bucs defense has had this season + the fact that he had a strong resume during his time in Atlanta. I'd be surprised if Buffalo really considers him though given he'd be another retread defense-first coach.

Franklin seems to be considered because of Pegula's connections to Penn State.

I still expect Lynn or Shanahan though.

Teryl Austin is a guy who should have odds on that list. I think its Austin, Lynn or Schwartz.

I think if Whaley thinks he can get a solid D.C. With Lynn at HC then he will be the guy. That is if they can't keep Lynn at the OC and have to promote him. I think Whaley wants to keep Lynn in 1 of 2 capacities.

I'll go Lynn first. If they think they can keep Lynn as OC, I'll go Austin or Toub

If Lynn leaves I bet they go with experience in a guy like Smith or Schwartz. With zero continuity on either side of the ball they will look for some experience, the Bills have a decent roster and they don't want to blow things up

Doesn't sound like Whaley is going to be fired, I was hoping we would clean house totally but the Pegulas don't want to go that far at least not yet.

Since it's the Bills, I'm sure that Whaley will lead the coaching search and then get canned next season, leaving us with a new GM who didn't hire the head coach, and more turmoil to follow.

Alsacs said:
Teryl Austin is a guy who should have odds on that list. I think its Austin, Lynn or Schwartz.

Cool, another SU guy.

Sounds like it's going to be Lynn. Article out today said that he is very prepared to be HC and has a staff ready to assemble whenever and wherever he should get a HC job.

Sounds like it's going to be Lynn. Article out today said that he is very prepared to be HC and has a staff ready to assemble whenever and wherever he should get a HC job.

But does he have a binder? I'm kidding everyone...

I'm good with it over another failed retread. Hopefully he can bring in solid coordinators

Lynn is out there saying that he wasn't in the room when the decision to start manuel was made.

run from buffalo, Lynn...RUN...

Buffalo really messed up with not consulting with Lynn.
From what I am reading Kim Pegula has a LOT OF POWER inside that organization.

Buffalo really messed up with not consulting with Lynn.
From what I am reading Kim Pegula has a LOT OF POWER inside that organization.

Why?

It's a contract issue/ injury clause. Has nothing to do with an interim head coach's opinion.

There was zero chance that Tyrod was playing in this game with Rex being fired. Lynn's opinion would have meant diddly poo.

Why?

It's a contract issue/ injury clause. Has nothing to do with an interim head coach's opinion.

There was zero chance that Tyrod was playing in this game with Rex being fired. Lynn's opinion would have meant diddly poo.
Buffalo isn't getting a better QB than Taylor next year. He is going to be the guy. So why pretend like the contract issue is a factor. If Taylor hasnt shown he is the guy you aren't keeping Lynn.
Who are you going to get Cutler? Romo? I think showing Taylor he is the guy for next year would have been the decision as the odds of him suffering a major career ending injury are sky low against a Jets team that has quit.

Buffalo isn't getting a better QB than Taylor next year. He is going to be the guy. So why pretend like the contract issue is a factor. If Taylor hasnt shown he is the guy you aren't keeping Lynn.
Who are you going to get Cutler? Romo? I think showing Taylor he is the guy for next year would have been the decision as the odds of him suffering a major career ending injury are sky low against a Jets team that has quit.

I agree that whoever is the QB in Buffalo next year will be no better than Tyrod. But I can't blame the Bills for wanting to leave the option open for the new head coach to decide if he wants Tyrod or not. For example, if it ends up being Shanahan that's hired, Tyrod isn't a good fit for that offense, so Shanahan might want to let Tyrod go and pay a cheaper alternative for a year while grooming a future starter.

The odds of missing the playoffs from 2000-2016 are 6 million - 1, so the Bills have beaten tremendous odds before, when you talk about the odds of Taylor being injured. I'm okay with sitting him out and let the next coach have input on the decision to keep him.

That's a great take. Just one thing... who tf is Jim Trotter? Never heard of him before and I've been following football my whole life. Never seen this guy comment on the Bills before. I'd take your opinion over his.

Tyrod's the guy? Great, he doesn't risk injury in a meaningless game and playing EJ means we have a better chance to lose and get a better pick.

Tyrod's not the guy? Great, he doesn't blow his knee in a meaningless game and cost the Bills a load of money while not being able to play.

Win-win

Anthony Lynn has zero say in that decision! ZERO.

Media has no clue what they're talking about, as usual.

That's a great take. Just one thing... who tf is Jim Trotter? Never heard of him before and I've been following football my whole life. Never seen this guy comment on the Bills before. I'd take your opinion over his.

Agreed, they said same thing when Marrone left. Bills have some nice parts and pieces and if Shady and Sammy stay healthy the offense will at least be adequate. Hire the coach that Whaley can be held accountable for, Fix the holes on defense, commit to a qb and roll the dice. Quit whining about shite and make the playoffs.

I say the Rams throw crazy money at their next HC which I don't believe is the answer