Goodbye Benny? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Benny?

Benny was given far more opportunity, in light of performance, than anyone I can remember.

If you don't understand the reference you haven't followed the program to closely over the last 40 years. Its not just Benny. Its Boeheim's uncontrollable urge to publicly beat down a player publicly that he's shown since the 80's. This isn't a Benny is a great player post.

As an aside, Taylor played horribly today on both sides of the ball, was allowed to play through it and unsurprisingly didn't get screamed at on the sideline when he got pulled.

JB doesn't like it when he's not the snarkiest one in the room. Good on the DO reporter for hanging in there and standing his ground. Something that the .com reporters fail to do.

Didn’t Josh Wright pull a “will he or won’t he” leave at the end?

If you don't understand the reference you haven't followed the program to closely over the last 40 years. Its not just Benny. Its Boeheim's uncontrollable urge to publicly beat down a player publicly that he's shown since the 80's. This isn't a Benny is a great player post.

As an aside, Taylor played horribly today on both sides of the ball, was allowed to play through it and unsurprisingly didn't get screamed at on the sideline when he got pulled.
I have followed the program closely for 40 years (actually over 50) and Benny Williams has had more second chances than any player I can remember. The “uncontrollable urge” comment is laughable.

Benny gets 3 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days and 5 sick days per year. We encourage him to use his time off to achieve work/life balance blend
FIFY Just was in a webinar. The new phrase is work/life blend, as in, if in need to take care of some personal stuff during work hours, that should be okay.

if that’s the same student reporter, he’s letting JB push his buttons.

”is that the most important question?”
you just stop and back and forth and make Jim answer the question
That was just an uncalled for response as he said publicly he would address it after the game. And if it was a student, well then he shouldn't be at a college where you treat your students with that type of contempt.

Last edited:
I was told today he was done and would be transferring. I guess there’s always an opportunity for the assistants to reel him back in, but I have a hard time seeing a role for him in the future with the other young forwards on this team.
Kind of pissed JB didn’t make the move to start Brown earlier between semesters so that Benny could go then to get on with his life.

Jims personality, more importantly his extreme insecurities have always been ugly. Its his worst trait.

As to Benny he has been afforded an enormous opportunity and hasn't played well.
Benny needs to transfer for his own good. A fresh start is exactly what he needs. It will be good for him and good for the team. Im sure the staff will help him land in a good spot.

As to Jim he has the mind to coach another 5 or more years but i dont think he has the patience or personality to coach todays players. This year is over and next year will not be much different.
Joe Jesse Benny and im sure one other player will leave. Bees says he staying next year and i believe that.
Jim has to look in the mirror and decide why he wants to keep coaching as he seems miserable.
Its sad for the players, staff, Jim and his family. Only JB can change narrative. This has always been his call, his decision. Hopefully he pulls himself together and finishes strong.

He sounds so lifeless and miserable in interviews. If you don’t like tough questions, just leave already, you are bringing all of Syracuse fandom down with you. The program has been run into the ground and you're the man at the top, accept it's not working and ride off into the sunset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom