Goodine must have had really bad | Syracusefan.com

Goodine must have had really bad

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
practices Wed, Thurs & Friday.

I am not sure how what we saw today could have been worse with him playing 15-20 mins. Miami tried as hard as they possibly could to give us the game for approx 35 minutes. We should have been up 20.

practices Wed, Thurs & Friday.

I am not sure how what we saw today could have been worse with him playing 15-20 mins. Miami tried as hard as they possibly could to give us the game for approx 35 minutes. We should have been up 20.
its quite simple with no hughes for 2nd half we have to have buddy and girard in there to space the floor

when buddy messed up a fast break and then had a pass go right through his hands I screamed for him to be taken out and he wasn't

any other player probably gets taken out after that
Buddy on the fast break twice was really tough to watch. Getting blocked on one when he had a good 10 foot head start was bad but the fumble and then subsequent butterfingers on a return pass was just flat out unathletic and not D1 level b-ball. He tries but his lack of physical ability just hurts so much. He’s probably the least athletic ACC player (that plays) and the 35+ mins he gets every game just exposes him even more.

its quite simple with no hughes for 2nd half we have to have buddy and girard in there to space the floor
I'm so tired of this logic.

GOTTA SPACE DA FLOOR!!! SHOOTERS!!! CAN'T SPACE IT WITHOUT DA SHOOTERS!!! SHOOTERS GOTTA PLAY ALL DA TIME!!!

(the all caps rant isn't directed at you, just to be clear)

It’s clear who has been drinking tonight and should take a break from the board for tonight

GOTTA SPACE DA FLOOR!!! SHOOTERS!!! CAN'T SPACE IT WITHOUT DA SHOOTERS!!! SHOOTERS GOTTA PLAY ALL DA TIME!!!

Ummm, I think...and hope, he was being facetious. ;)

Buddy on the fast break twice was really tough to watch. Getting blocked on one when he had a good 10 foot head start was bad but the fumble and then subsequent butterfingers on a return pass was just flat out unathletic and not D1 level b-ball. He tries but his lack of physical ability just hurts so much. He’s probably the least athletic ACC player (that plays) and the 35+ mins he gets every game just exposes him even more.

The fast break layup attempt where three Miami players were in position to block him and two of them did? Yeah.

At what point in time does the elder Boeheim get called out for favoritism? At this point, there have to be some rumblings of it, no?

The fast break layup attempt where three Miami players were in position to block him and two of them did? Yeah.

At what point in time does the elder Boeheim get called out for favoritism? At this point, there have to be some rumblings of it, no?
It's been brought up in other threads.

It’s clear who has been drinking tonight and should take a break from the board for tonight
Ok you got me. Wait, were you referring to someone else? I’ll have another Manhattan wh8le I wait.

JB has lost his mind. Earlier in his career—when he was actually successful and winning and not mired in mediocrity for 6 straight seasons—he didn’t play non all-American guards like Buddy and Joe 40 minutes a game. He rested his starting guards or split the minutes. Even before 2018, he played a rotation of at least three guards. Goodine needs to get minutes, especially since his defense is so much better than the other two.

JB has lost his mind. Earlier in his career—when he was actually successful and winning and not mired in mediocrity for 6 straight seasons—he didn’t play non all-American guards like Buddy and Joe 40 minutes a game. He rested his starting guards or split the minutes. Even before 2018, he played a rotation of at least three guards. Goodine needs to get minutes, especially since his defense is so much better than the other two.

Despite your personal attack on me in another thread that I got done replying to a short bit ago, I have no issue quickly turning around and saying I appreciate your sports illustration here...even though I am not firmly in either of the camps for the issue(same with many issues, I like maintaining the right to be flexible, lol).

I made some jokes about Tyler Roberson and wondered aloud if JB viewed(unwittingly maybe, if possible) multiple starters as Robersons(irreplacable, at least at the moment...with the disclaimer that the judgment of their limitations required to make the Roberson comparison work would seemingly be coming more from the board than Coach himself).

I do remember the presser where he ripped on questions about both Edwards and Goodine, and although long ago, saying it might be too late for the latter to turn it around and contribute meaningfully. I think the question about Jesse was answered with laughter. I think it was at least a month and a half ago, and the undead haven't had the easiest times breaking free to return to the land of the living to help do our bididng.

For what it's worth, I saw flashes of Jesse as possibly picking up some of the loose change that Sid dropped this game for whatever reason, again adding questions to my opinion of the balance balance between the two and the amount of focus that should be on each going foward.

yup, that 33 percent three point percentage of Girard demands in your face D at all times. People say things I guess. If you took his game and put it in the body of someone not named Joe Girard, that guy wouldnt see the floor his freshman year.

yup, that 33 percent three point percentage of Girard demands in your face D at all times. People say things I guess. If you took his game and put it in the body of someone not named Joe Girard, that guy wouldnt see the floor his freshman year.

That 33% is better than the shooting averages of nine of the ACC Teams...and Goodine shoots 29% overall and a blistering 13% from beyond the arch.

With what we have, he’s a threat.

Before this year's UNC game, ESPN Classic played the SU/UNC game from November 1987. SU was the preseason #1 team in the country. They showed some graphics about JB's success up to that point. Suffice it to say, those numbers are not nearly as good now as they were then. It almost seems like he has given in to the idea of mediocrity. Is he too stubborn to adapt? Does he lack the energy to do what needs to be done? Does he not believe that being really good is realistic anymore? I don't know what to think. He's built the program and is a legend. Maybe he can make one last push or maybe we're seeing things wind down. Only time will tell.

That 33% is better than the shooting averages of nine of the ACC Teams...and Goodine shoots 29% overall and a blistering 13% from beyond the arch.

With what we have, he’s a threat.

Over the last 11 games played, Goodine is shooting better from three than BB, Girard, and Hughes!!

I had to pick 11 to get in Goodine's 1-1 game 11 games ago, but still, it's nice I could find an 11 game package where he's outshooting all three!

our 3 point shooters are pretty awful. If they were even avg in the low 30's we would have won a few more games... sure some are with pressure, but a lot of 'em were wiiiiiiide open. Is what it is, but one does wonder if Goodine was given the chance would he have helped or with a larger sample size, would he have been another brick layer. We didn't find out, maybe we will in the NIT.

our 3 point shooters are pretty awful. If they were even avg in the low 30's we would have won a few more games... sure some are with pressure, but a lot of 'em were wiiiiiiide open. Is what it is, but one does wonder if Goodine was given the chance would he have helped or with a larger sample size, would he have been another brick layer. We didn't find out, maybe we will in the NIT.

No doubt that if goodine played 35-40 per game and was allowed to bomb away he would have similar stats to Joe and maybe Buddy. Perhaps the same for shaken if he was given the keys at start if the year and told you will play 35 and play through mistakes. He wasn’t and Goodine wasn’t. Better if everyone shared minutes but instead we have what we have.

Cuse!

Double-edged sword, this.

I’ve done both my best and worst posting after a day of steady boozing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom