Gottlieb 1, Cuse 0 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb 1, Cuse 0

what in the hell is going on in here? I need another 7 and 7.

You are partially incorrect here. Doug Gottleib, and other pundits have said UNC is better than Syracuse. Not potentially, but clearly... For them to say this is an obvious ignorance of the manifold evidence.

Kentucky has a case to be potentially better, but even they have inferior stats to Syracuse.

You definitely sugar coated their analysis here...
No I'm not. And I'm talking about Tirico, Gottlieb, Raftery, the PTI crew, ATH today. The world is bigger than Gottlieb. You changed the scope from Gottlieb to "these pundits." Not me.

I'm not sugar coating anything. You are cherry picking what Gottlieb said and applying it to everyone. You actually called them "liars" which suggests that you believe there is some premeditated intention to prop up other programs and put down Syracuse.

I can honestly tell you it sounds crazy to think someone would call these people "liars." That implies something being planned or intentional and I just don't believe "the pundits" have it out for SU basketball.

44cuse

No I'm not. And I'm talking about Tirico, Gottlieb, Raftery, the PTI crew, ATH today. The world is bigger than Gottlieb. You changed the scope from Gottlieb to "these pundits." Not me.

I'm not sugar coating anything. You are cherry picking what Gottlieb said and applying it to everyone. You actually called them "liars" which suggests that you believe there is some premeditated intention to prop up other programs and put down Syracuse.

I can honestly tell you it sounds crazy to think someone would call these people "liars." That implies something being planned or intentional and I just don't believe "the pundits" have it out for Sit's becaU basketball.

44cuse

It's not a conspiratorial untruth to put down other programs, it's a conditioned ideal that has been implanted into society by diverse unknown forces. I suppose it's due to the longterm success of these programs, which makes people assume they must be better than all other teams, no matter how good those teams are at that specific point in time.

I am not saying these people want to tear down Syracuse, I am saying they are incapable of rational thought due to a conditioned bias.

The only way to combat such neurosis, is to continuously challenge their beliefs with TRUTH, & never back down...

I just don't see how saying what he said was going out of his way to discount SU. Because the same things he said are the exact same things that lot's of SU fans are saying. 44cuse

Wait, what? If you don't think he went out of his way to discredit SU, I completely misinterpreted everything that he said. Tirico, as the moderator, had to step in and tell him what the F is up. Jay Williams was giving him a What look as well.

End of the day: I will single-handedly keep DG on the air with my hateful obsession.

It's not a conspiratorial untruth to put down other programs, it's a conditioned ideal that has been implanted into society by diverse unknown forces. I suppose it's due to the longterm success of these programs, which makes people assume they must be better than all other teams, no matter how good those teams are at that specific point in time.

I am not saying these people want to tear down Syracuse, I am saying they are incapable of rational thought due to a conditioned bias.

The only way to combat such neurosis, is to continuously challenge their beliefs with TRUTH, & never back down...

I'm not going to bite on the "unknown forces" comment. That's your deal.

I think it's much simpler than all this: fans like people who say good things about their team (Bilas, Knight). People don't like people who say negative things (Cowherd, Gottlieb).

It's as simple as that.

44cuse

So, after this thread is where it is tell me how it is not Gottlieb 1, Cuse 0?

Yikes.

Had a buddy text me about how big a DG was at halftime. He is not on this forum or as invested in Syracuse as I am but was upset enough to point out his douchebaggery because it was blatant. It is very obvious, to most apparently...

Wait, what? If you don't think he went out of his way to discredit SU, I completely misinterpreted everything that he said. Tirico, as the moderator, had to step in and tell him what the F is up. Jay Williams was giving him a What look as well.

End of the day: I will single-handedly keep DG on the air with my hateful obsession.

How is pointing out something that many many people agree with (including people on this board) discrediting SU?

The whole point is that what discredits SU is not talking about the good things about this SU team. Just because people say critical things does not make them untrue. And on top of that, if you hate the guy...and think he is a know-nothing, f him.

44cuse

The problem with Gottlieb is not that he's wrong. it's that even when he's right, he comes off a a jerk. Kentucky or UNC could beat us and Doug would still be a jerk. Alibrat said it best in the chatroom: "I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth."

For Jim Boeheim's opinion, listen to the Americu Jim Boeheim Show podcast from 3/1:
http://www.suathletics.com/podcasts.aspx
(It comes at about the 39 minute mark.)

How is pointing out something that many many people agree with (including people on this board) discrediting SU?

The whole point is that what discredits SU is not talking about the good things about this SU team. Just because people say critical things does not make them untrue. And on top of that, if you hate the guy...and think he is a know-nothing, f him.

44cuse

I respectfully dislike him and think he has a high BBall IQ; however, it still doesn't help the fact that you would have to hold his dog above a bonfire in order for him to finally say SU has an OK defense. It's THAT bad.

The problem with Gottlieb isn't that he points out our weaknesses. We do that every day on this board. But he never acknowledges the strengths of our team. Nor point out the very real weaknesses of teams he lauds as being better than us. Especially UNC. And he does this all while looking like it makes him physically ill to say anything nice about the 'Cuse. His history with our program and JB are well known and his repeated attitude towards SU basketball clearly demonstrates a bias against the program. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

I respectfully dislike him and think he has a high BBall IQ; however, it still doesn't help the fact that you would have to hold his dog above a bonfire in order for him to finally say SU has an OK defense. It's THAT bad.

That I don't disagree with. One of the many points in this thread: if Gottlieb was balanced and talked about SU's strengths as opposed to just the weaknesses, then the reaction would be completely different.

44cuse

I could care less about whether DG says we are with the likes of Kentucky or UNC, he is a shmuck and would say it if we hadn't lost I bet. Everyone else in the country knows that isn't true.

The reason I got a little mad at halftime was the way he went about it. I mean he obviously has something against SU, the dude was pointing out just their flaws as his basis for why we are not an elite team. I mean if these flaws are so much of a problem then how the F did we go 31-1, beat UCONN 3 times and Lousiville twice(with a possible third game), the two hardest teams to play besides Pitt. . Then when Tirico says we beat Florida he goes and so did everyone else. I mean he cannot give us any credit. I mean he acts like we are the only team that has problems. I just thought today was a bit over the top even for DG. He couldn't say anything positive about SU.

Tirico is the man btw, the guy was not putting up with DG's crap and was definitely pushing back. I wish Tirico would do the halftime shows more often. I mean even Jay Williams was like you do realize they are 31-1. I hate DG and I never really get bothered by his obvious distaste for SU but today DG's comments were stupid and made him look like a complete a-hole more so than ever!

The point is Dougie's comments are meaningless yes, just one analyst bashing a school he obviously doesn't like. However today was just unnecessary I mean we are 31-1 and you cannot say anything positive. That is just stupid, sure they have flaws but they obviously find other ways to win if our record is 31-1. You don't go 31-1 by chance in the Big East regardless if it is a down year or not. To say we are not elite with UK and UNC is dumb but to say nothing positive and continue to argue like we play in a mid major just shows that your hatred of SU makes you look like a moron who isn't fit to be an analyst anymore. If personal vendettas interfere that much with your comments!

Trying my hardest to get DG to come read the board. Lol.

sure they have flaws but they obviously find other ways to win if our record is 31-1. You don't go 31-1 by chance in the Big East regardless if it is a down year or not. To say we are not elite with UK and UNC is dumb but to say nothing positive and continue to argue like we play in a mid major just shows that your hatred of SU makes you look like a moron who isn't fit to be an analyst anymore. If personal vendettas interfere that much with your comments!

That's exactly right. It may be in large part about how he said it, but it's equally about what he chooses not to say.

Win and move on.

44cuse

That's exactly right. It may be in large part about how he said it, but it's equally about what he chooses not to say.

Win and move on.

44cuse

spot on--the best way to silence detractors is to win and advance.

Who gives a F about what Gottlieb or any of the other ostensible "experts" in the sports media have to say about us? Not one of them has any influence / impact whatsoever on how we perform.

Frankly, I wear it as a badge of honor that the confederacy of dunces like JWill, Hubert, Gottlieb, Digger, etc. continue to pick against us.

F em--when they make those predictions, I'm pretty confident we're going to win. No need to start a thread about it.

Besides, the postseason isn't about style points--it's about wins. Just ask Butler.

LGO!!!

spot on--the best way to silence detractors is to win and advance.

Who gives a F about what Gottlieb or any of the other ostensible "experts" in the sports media have to say about us? Not one of them has any influence / impact whatsoever on how we perform.

Frankly, I wear it as a badge of honor that the confederacy of dunces like JWill, Hubert, Gottlieb, Digger, etc. continue to pick against us.

F em--when they make those predictions, I'm pretty confident we're going to win. No need to start a thread about it.

Besides, the postseason isn't about style points--it's about wins. Just ask Butler.

LGO!!!

Digger is on us often, but unlike Doogie, Digger actually talked well of us today and pointed out a lot of our strengths and why we are 31-1.

Sent from my DROIDX

Count me as one of those who believe that DG has an axe to grind.
For those who are in Gottlieb's camp-hide your credit cards! Hey-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He is getting exactly what he needs: traction amongst SU fans.

I am one of the biggest DG haters too, but I have to admit, he wins.
Bottom line is "Scoreboard",just like the final score of last nights game against the Conns. As of 7:25 a.m. this morning , the largest number of views was Gottlieb--- 1 Cuse--- 0. The views totaled 2372, almost double the next viewed Post. That is my final answer!

Gottlieb doesn't like SU because they use lifelock and he can't get their credit card numbers. Nothing personal, it's just business.

Bottom line is "Scoreboard",just like the final score of last nights game against the Conns. As of 7:25 a.m. this morning , the largest number of views was Gottlieb--- 1 Cuse--- 0. The views totaled 2372, almost double the next viewed Post. That is my final answer!
exactly. he can still go sit on a tack, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom