Gottlieb leaving ESPN for CBS | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb leaving ESPN for CBS

Where does CBS have a sports radio show? Never heard of it. They don't do many network games prior to March. Hopefully CBS will replace the Sir Charles/Kenny Smith crew with some guys who know the college game and players.

I know here in Charlotte WFNZ is CBS. None of it is syndicated however.

Where does CBS have a sports radio show? Never heard of it. They don't do many network games prior to March.

To answer your second question first, CBS does plenty of Saturday afternoon games from December right through March Madness... 'Cuse generally gets on or two a year, but just because you're not watching Indiana vs. Michigan or Tennessee vs. Florida doesn't mean the games weren't broadcast on CBS.

As for your first question, the reason you don't know of CBS Radio is because it was just announced last month.

Here's what I found on The Times Union:

Ten days after the NBC Sports Radio Network announced a September launch, the CBS Corporation today announced the creation of CBS Sports Radio, a lineup of national programming “that establishes what will be the nation’s most listened-to sports radio network across the Top 50 markets.”
Scheduled to start Sept. 4, CBS Sports Radio announced that 14 stations — including WFAN (660 AM) in New York — “will add various components of CBS Sports Radio programming to their lineup.”
A full 24/7 launch will take place Jan. 2, 2013, and CBS offered a list (see below) of eight stations — though none in this region — nationwide that already have signed on to broadcast the network full-time.

The network will include:
  • 24/7 all-sports talk radio lineup to debut Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013. Original programs across multiple weekday and weekend time periods.
  • Opportunities for affiliates to regionalize their lineup by choosing from select programs currently featured on CBS Radio or Cumulus (which is the new network’s exclusive syndicator and sales partner) sports stations.
  • Beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 4, updates can be heard on all network affiliate stations.
  • Contributions from sport-specific experts, as well as a prominent role on the network from CBS Sports, CBS Sports Networks and CBSSports.com’s roster.
  • Online streaming of live network broadcasts.
The following CBS Radio stations will add various components of CBS Sports Radio programming to their lineup:
  • WFAN-AM (New York)
  • WSCR-AM (Chicago)
  • KRLD-FM (Dallas)
  • KILT-AM (Houston)
  • WJFK-FM (Washington, D.C.)
  • WIP-FM (Philadelphia)
  • WBZ-FM (Boston)
  • WXYT-FM (Detroit)
  • WSJT-FM (Tampa)
  • WJZ-FM (Baltimore)
  • WFNZ-AM (Charlotte)
  • KDKA-FM (Pittsburgh)
  • KHTK-AM (Sacramento)
  • WKRK-FM (Cleveland)
The following CBS Radio stations will broadcast CBS Sports Radio programming as their 24/7 lineup when the network debuts on Jan. 2, 2013:
  • KIKK-AM (Houston)
  • WIP-AM (Philadelphia)
  • WXYT-AM (Detroit)
  • WQYK-AM (Tampa)
  • WJZ-AM (Baltimore)
  • WBCN-AM (Charlotte)
  • KRAK-AM (Riverside)
  • KYDZ-AM (Las Vegas)
The following Cumulus radio stations in the Top 100 markets will broadcast CBS Sports Radio programming:
  • KNBR-AM (San Francisco)
  • KTCT-AM (San Francisco)
  • KTCK-AM (Dallas)
  • WCNN-AM (Atlanta)
  • WGFX-FM (Nashville)
  • WSJZ-FM (Orlando)
  • WHGB-AM (Harrisburg/Lancaster)
  • WJOX-A/F (Birmingham)
  • WBBL-FM (Grand Rapids)
  • WWLS-A/F (Oklahoma City)
  • KNML-AM (Albuquerque)
  • WMTI-FM (New Orleans)
  • KARN-AM (Little Rock)
  • WNML-A/F-WNRX-FM (Knoxville)
  • KCUB-AM (Tucson)
  • WWBU –FM (Roanoke)
  • WTRX-AM (Flint)
  • WLQR-FM (Toledo)
  • WBGG-AM (Des Moines)
  • WNKT-FM/WYMB-AM (Columbia, S.C.)
  • WUMP-AM (Huntsville)
  • WSKO-AM (Syracuse)
  • KLTD-FM (Waco)
  • WXSM-AM (Tri Cities)
  • KCSF-AM (Colorado Springs)
  • WZAT-FM/WJLG-AM (Savannah)
LINK: http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/creation-of-cbs-sports-radio-announced/10083/

Gee, the bottom line is that he will not show up on my TV nearly as much. Darn.:rolling:

I know people hate the guy because he gets on SU however I actually enjoyed hearing his view point. Last year our fan base looked like crap with some of the messages they sent him on Twitter. I can't understand why people get so worked up by hanging on every word he said.

I know people hate the guy because he gets on SU however I actually enjoyed hearing his view point. Last year our fan base looked like crap with some of the messages they sent him on Twitter. I can't understand why people get so worked up by hanging on every word he said.

Right there with you. The other reason I actually will miss him is that he along with SVP are the few who actually talk college basketball. I'm not an NFL fan - and especially with the way ESPN radio pimps the NFL as much as they do. It was refreshing to listen to someone who actually knew the sport because he watched the games and not just the highlights.

Not so fast. Quite a few fans will be searching for his blog analysis on cbs sports online (or whatever it's called) -- and then link to any controversial comment he makes by starting a new thread.

You guys don't really hate him as much as you can't live without him. Just wait and see. I think it's a smart move by CBS to bring him on board for March Madness.

Between Doug and Rome, CBS has been quietly poaching ESPN for awhile now.

Doug is kind of obnoxious on TV but that's just a persona. He's really very good and dialed back on radio.

Cowherd, on the other hand...

A moment to rant about Cowherd. The most annoying things on radio, for me, are excessive dead air and audible breathing/swallowing/chewing. Cowherd is guilty of all of these things, mainly dead air. That's why I always hated the Dan Patrick show, because he'd make a comment or ask a rhetorical question and then be silent for 5-10 seconds. That doesn't work on radio, guys.

Another radio pet peeve: Mike Greenberg (Mike and Mike) ALWAYS seems to be stifling burps or something on that show, or at least swallowing heavily, and when you watch on TV, he's always pressing his face directly against the mic. It's so irritating, and I don't know why.

ESPN is kind of like the Pittsburgh Steelers. They don't really think any one person is needed and they aren't going to overpay to keep any one, as all of these people are replaceable. Magically, by basketball season, there will be someone new on ESPN we all hate with almost as much vigor as Gottlieb.

ESPN is kind of like the Pittsburgh Steelers. They don't really think any one person is needed and they aren't going to overpay to keep any one, as all of these people are replaceable. Magically, by basketball season, there will be someone new on ESPN we all hate with almost as much vigor as Gottlieb.
Well Jalen is replacing Hubert. Are there any egotistical white point guards they could find to fill his role?

Between Doug and Rome, CBS has been quietly poaching ESPN for awhile now.

Doug is kind of obnoxious on TV but that's just a persona. He's really very good and dialed back on radio.

Cowherd, on the other hand...

A moment to rant about Cowherd. The most annoying things on radio, for me, are excessive dead air and audible breathing/swallowing/chewing. Cowherd is guilty of all of these things, mainly dead air. That's why I always hated the Dan Patrick show, because he'd make a comment or ask a rhetorical question and then be silent for 5-10 seconds. That doesn't work on radio, guys.

Another radio pet peeve: Mike Greenberg (Mike and Mike) ALWAYS seems to be stifling burps or something on that show, or at least swallowing heavily, and when you watch on TV, he's always pressing his face directly against the mic. It's so irritating, and I don't know why.

Cowherd is annoying a good portion of time but sometime I like his twist on things but the past few times I have listened to him I feel like he is reaching to make an interesting point. The worst at dramatic pauses on the radio was Rome. I remeber the first time I heard him on radio I almost turned the channel he paused so long in a random part of a sentence I almost turned the channel because I thought I lost the signal.

No one can get phones to light up like Cowherd. I used to hate him..but man, he has a knack. He is like ESPN's wet dream for a talk show host. He's like Skip Bayless, but a Skip Bayless who actually watches the games.

No one can get phones to light up like Cowherd. I used to hate him..but man, he has a knack. He is like ESPN's wet dream for a talk show host. He's like Skip Bayless, but a Skip Bayless who actually watches the games.

I like Cowherd. I may disagree with him a 1/3 of the time but I still like his style and comments. Bayless is annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Annoying is being kind in my book regarding Bayless. He is one of those people who make you say to yourself; "How the Hell did he ever get that job let alone keep it".

My favorite part of Skip Bayless's schtick this year was: "Dwayne Wade is Batman and Lebron is Robin..."

He kept saying it until the Finals, then he changed his tune.. "Oklahoma City let Lebron do this..they were nice to him. If they had been mean, Lebron would have failed."

Keep changin the narrative Skip! You'll get one right...

I like where Jalen Rose called him out for being a starting point guard on his high school team (which he never was). His reaction was priceless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom