Great exposure for the program... | Syracusefan.com

Great exposure for the program...

Status
Not open for further replies.
longislandcuse said:
McDonough is too close to the program for this to be a fluke. I've never heard an announcer team be this nonstop with the coaching talk.

McDonough asking whether Shafer is good enough to take us over the hump is the question that Coyle better be asking himself. How many unforced errors from the coaching staff...that have nothing to do with execution or just a better opponent...are we going to be forced to endure?

Wake, USF, BC and Miami all played FSU tough. A mediocre Georgia Tech beat them. Yet we make them look like the 2013 team.

Coyle wants attendance to go up? Let's see attendance next year when no changes are made.

McDonough is too close to the program for this to be a fluke. I've never heard an announcer team be this nonstop with the coaching talk.

What else is there to say? It's a blowout. FSU has only had to throw the ball 2x in the second half. The Syracuse coach has shown himself to be grossly incompetent. It doesn't take a guy with an axe to grind or inside info to start speculating about a change.

McDonough not really backing shafer to much. This is a disaster

He really isn't that close to the program. He certainly isn't close to the new AD? I doubt he knows SS at all. He was very close to Coach Mac.

dasher said:
He really isn't that close to the program. He certainly isn't close to the new AD? I doubt he knows SS at all. He was very close to Coach Mac.

Given his visibility and the fact that openly cheers for us when he calls our games...and he's definitely close to the basketball program, he has to have some contacts in the AD.

Was willing to give Shafer one more year but after today a change is necessary. The Temple, Memphis and Houston coaches will be available if not gobbled up immediately after the season concludes.

Good. It's about time that the alumni of this school call out the university for the shoddy product being rolled out there.

We're not even competitive in these types of games. I get that there is s talent disparity but is that really the root cause because other teams with similar talent seem to be able to make games competitive.

Given his visibility and the fact that openly cheers for us when he calls our games...and he's definitely close to the basketball program, he has to have some contacts in the AD.
Not really.

If we don't win another game, there is no way you can keep him. 9 straight losses, no way. This board will be unreadable after a loss we all know is coming next week.

And yet people still think we're going to turn it around and pull out 3 wins. Where?

Was willing to give Shafer one more year but after today a change is necessary. The Temple, Memphis and Houston coaches will be available if not gobbled up immediately after the season concludes.
Why would any of those coaches want to come to Syracuse?

I'm not questioning you wanting Shafer gone in general, because I realize there are some people who do. But why would TODAY of all games put you over the hump? Why would losing on the road at freaking Florida State, a team that was favored anywhere by between 16-21 points all week, suddenly change your mind? I guess I just don't get why today is really changing things for people. No one expected us to win. We didn't win.

I can understand why people got fed up with USF and Virginia. But playing at Tallahassee? I guess I just don't get that one.

I'm not questioning you wanting Shafer gone in general, because I realize there are some people who do. But why would TODAY of all games put you over the hump? Why would losing on the road at freaking Florida State, a team that was favored anywhere by between 16-21 points all week, suddenly change your mind? I guess I just don't get why today is really changing things for people. No one expected us to win. We didn't win.

I can understand why people got fed up with USF and Virginia. But playing at Tallahassee? I guess I just don't get that one.

Because his decision making stinks.

Why did they want to go to Temple, Memphis or Houston?

Before we got Coyle, there were posts on this board thinking the best we could do was the guy from Bucknell.

We have money. We have good and improving facilities and we're in the ACC.

Because his decision making stinks.
But there were questionable decisions last week, too. I guess I just don't get why losing to FSU is the deal breaker for some people.

Orangejet said:

Because those schools are basketball schools...oh wait... ;);)

Why did they want to go to Temple, Memphis or Houston?

Before we got Coyle, there were posts on this board thinking the best we could do was the guy from Bucknell.

We have money. We have good and improving facilities and we're in the ACC.
I'm assuming they went to those schools to be Head Coaches. I'm just asking a question not trying to piss anyone off. If there is a legit reason why one of them would pick us instead of one of the better openings is all I'm wondering.

The pattern has set in with too many, that's basically it.

If it were called like LSU it would be different.
And I get that it's a pattern people don't like. I guess my question is - there were questionable things in multiple games before this week. So why did FSU push people over the edge? A game where basically everyone expected us to get blown out?

I honestly get the frustration, and I understand why people are pissed about the mistakes, and I understand that people want a change. But it just feels like a weird opponent to choose as the one that finally pushes you over the edge.

But there were questionable decisions last week, too. I guess I just don't get why losing to FSU is the deal breaker for some people.

Then you haven't been paying close enough attention. People aren't upset w/ the loss. They're upset that whatever chance we had at even keeping it close were blown by in-game coaching decisions and longer term coaching failures. The problem isn't losing to FSU. It's losing the same way every week, including to teams not named FSU.

I got an internship at ESPN because of McDonough. He is close and friendly with Ms. Edson and trust me he has a lot of contacts within the SU AD office.

He isn't close with Coyle now but could be in the future. He reads this board and was expressing his opinion as nicely as he could.
One of my best friends is friends with Sean. He doesn't have connections with the people that count in this matter.

He's entitled to his opinion and I'm sure he has pretty good sources on what's going on with the program.

Maybe he's just a hater with an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors